The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bounty Hunter Problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eljawa
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
eljawa

Bounty Hunter Problems Empty
PostSubject: Bounty Hunter Problems   Bounty Hunter Problems I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 9:20 am

I can never get my 4-lom figure to hold his gun properly. I then realized they had the same problem on the set of TESB (see pic). Then I realized none of these Bounty hunters (except maybe Boba and Dengar) had hands or arms that could wield a weapon very well. (Did Vader just use Craglist to find Bounty hunters? Never noticed Bossks big butt either) Which leads me to this question...
How do you get your Bounty Hunters figs to hold their guns?[img]Bounty Hunter Problems Empirebounty_zpsc1295b3e[/img]
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Problems   Bounty Hunter Problems I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 9:52 am

hi eljawa, the best way i know to get your figures holding their guns properly, is to plunge their hands into boiling water for a few seconds until the hand goes soft. Then carefully pinch the hand closed to the desired amount . Then quickly plunge the hand into freezing cold water (lots of ice) which will then cause the plastic to set again in the new position.
Back to top Go down
eljawa
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
eljawa

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Problems   Bounty Hunter Problems I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 10:08 am

Thanks for the advice Chris.75. I think the problem with 4-lom is length of the gun. The "butt" of the gun doesn't quite sit in his armpit. So I have mine holding his like in the picture from the movie. I don't mind this, I just wondered if other people had different solutions.
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Problems   Bounty Hunter Problems I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 12:22 pm

here's how i display mine Smile

[img]Bounty Hunter Problems 4lom_zpsb433fa8b[/img]

[img]Bounty Hunter Problems Zuckuss_zps60c95c08[/img]
Back to top Go down
eljawa
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
eljawa

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Problems   Bounty Hunter Problems I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 8:06 pm

wow. Mine never sits so nice in their hands. Thanks Chris.
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Problems   Bounty Hunter Problems I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 2:58 am

your welcome mate. If you don't want to try the boiling water trick, another method is to place a tiny piece of 'Blu-Tak' or 'fun-Tak' in the figures hand and then press the weapon into it. that will hold the weapon in place quite nicely. Gam Guard
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Problems   Bounty Hunter Problems I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 4:02 am

Boiling/freezing is a great tip.
Thanks Chris.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Problems   Bounty Hunter Problems I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 4:08 am

It will be challenge to let Bossk held his gun like he did on the ESB picture w/o using Blu-Tak. Very Happy

Bounty Hunter Problems Vintbosskfr
Picture - Rebelscum.com
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Problems   Bounty Hunter Problems I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 10:37 am

lol! heh heh, yeah your right marco not much grippage with his left hand Smile but doable with his right. Very nice pic by the way, definitely gonna get me one of those little photo studios from e bay / Amazon.

[img]Bounty Hunter Problems Bossk_zpsd28313ca[/img]
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Problems   Bounty Hunter Problems I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 10:56 am

Quote :
It will be challenge to let Bossk held his gun like he did on the ESB picture w/o using Blu-Tak

nah, just photoshop!!

Bounty Hunter Problems G7Fxll5
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Problems   Bounty Hunter Problems I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 11:03 am

lol! lol! :clap:
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Problems   Bounty Hunter Problems I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 11:15 am

Hahaha! Very Happy

Hollow tubes, orange hair, green limbs, pale face, just when you thought all variants were described before....

... there he is, the ultrarare Bossk mirror variant.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
eljawa
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
eljawa

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Problems   Bounty Hunter Problems I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 1:02 pm

Fantastic! I don't think any other figure has one useless arm like Bossk. Maybe hes good at slapping? What did the three webbed claws say to the face? Slap!
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Problems   Bounty Hunter Problems I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 1:37 pm

eljawa wrote:
Fantastic! I don't think any other figure has one useless arm like Bossk. Maybe hes good at slapping? What did the three webbed claws say to the face? Slap!

lol!

Pimp Slap variant What a Face

Bounty Hunter Problems Ssssss12
Back to top Go down
eljawa
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
eljawa

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Problems   Bounty Hunter Problems I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 4:09 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:
eljawa wrote:

lol!

Pimp Slap variant What a Face

Bounty Hunter Problems Ssssss12

Who knew that with this simple post we would discover TWO Bossk Variants!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Problems   Bounty Hunter Problems I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 4:46 pm

Not that anyone needs a visual aid on the boiling water thing, but here is mine from a while back

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1051281/
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
eljawa
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
eljawa

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Problems   Bounty Hunter Problems I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 4:49 pm

"dago-BAM"? Thanks for the visual.
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Problems   Bounty Hunter Problems I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 4:55 pm

ahh, i got that tip from the toyfixer site a couple of years back. I didn't realise it was your eureka moment John. I see in your RS link he asked to use your idea. Thanks very much John its a great tip cheers cheers cheers :clap: :clap: :clap: I also used it to straighten my EV9D9's legs. It worked a treat. Cheers mate
Back to top Go down
eljawa
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
eljawa

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Problems   Bounty Hunter Problems I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 5:12 pm

chris.75 wrote:
ahh, I also used it to straighten my EV9D9's legs. It worked a treat. Cheers mate
Ahhh! Brilliant. Never thought of fixing 9D9s and my 8D8 legs like that. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Problems   Bounty Hunter Problems I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 5:15 pm

eljawa wrote:
"dago-BAM"?

It's been a while , here's where it came from!!!

Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Problems   Bounty Hunter Problems I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 5:32 pm

eljawa wrote:
chris.75 wrote:
ahh, I also used it to straighten my EV9D9's legs. It worked a
treat. Cheers mate
Ahhh! Brilliant. Never thought of fixing 9D9s and my 8D8 legs like that. Thanks.

Me either, EV-9D9 taking a hot dip tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Problems   Bounty Hunter Problems I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 6:06 pm

DarthBerizing wrote:
eljawa wrote:
"dago-BAM"?

It's been a while , here's where it came from!!!

lol! ha ha, never seen that before. Very cool, thanks for sharing John. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
eljawa
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
eljawa

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Problems   Bounty Hunter Problems I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 12:53 pm

Haha, I hadn't seen that video. I was worried that maybe DarthBerizing didn't like Italians. I think Ill be using that saying now too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunter Problems   Bounty Hunter Problems I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bounty Hunter Problems

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1