The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Insane people on ebay!!! what are people on?!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

Insane people on ebay!!!  what are people on?!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Insane people on ebay!!! what are people on?!!!!   Insane people on ebay!!!  what are people on?!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:32 pm

Hi folks,

I just have to vent on this one. I was on ebay looking for some Jabba the hutt playset in a box.

I found one in what appeared to be mint or almost mint in a c5 box. I said well, That looks promising. I wrote to the seller and asked if they could send me more pics of all sides of the box so i can judge it. I did not expect any thing higher than a ruff c5 and i would have been fine with that. But for peace of mind i wanted to see all sides because as you know some people usually hide defects in their pics so you have to be careful.

Anyways i sent the seller my email, Nothing too complicated asking for more pics. Politely!

Here is the response i got:

"hello, sir i am having problems with a lot of people and and i want to express my opinion that after encountering all sorts of ebay member problems on here and there is toy collectors and they ask me questions about shipping and condition of the toy it self because they are buying it for the toy itself not for poor box noir is this interesting since you want pics of all sides of a poor box and not the toy itself. i have concluded that are not a serious buyer and it is my right to sell to who ever i choose i am not going to take pics of all sides of the box especially when its a poor box as advertised and you are realy just buying the toy for itself so i have to pass on taking pics and i have to block you from my auctions and decline your inquire. i will be contacting ebay as well to let them know why i made this decision i am a very legitimate seller and i take pride in what i do evertything is recorded i do not break the rules"

I was like floored.... I could not believe my eyes as to what the seller had sent to me. Basically telling me to go take a hike and go f---- myself....

Never ever did i received such a sarcastic email in my whole life. And i did get some nasty ones but this takes the top prize. Burned in my mind forever!

The seller could have just said.

" don't feel like taking more pics, sorry" or something like that and i would have taken it and shrugged it off... but the ban and ebay email thing just burned me.

Here was my official reply.

"Wow,

I am very shall i say politely "disappointed" by your reply and "assumptions" about my true intentions. You do not even know me. I am a star wars toy collector and i like to collect vintage boxed playsets with the toys inside. Maybe the box would have suited me maybe not. But is is your auction and you can do whatever you want with it. You have just lost a potential sale. I don't want to have anything to do with your auction now or you as a person. There are other people on Ebay who are less hostile than you and are willing to help me in my collecting needs. Please do contact Ebay it will be my pleasure to explain to them my side of the story should do they decide to inquire on what really went on with this one.

Cheers!"

and the seller replied with some more non sarcastic sense so i am not gonna reply and play that cat and mouse game with the seller.

Just goes to show you that there are some loonie toons on ebay. This one deserves top prize.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Insane people on ebay!!! what are people on?!!!!   Insane people on ebay!!!  what are people on?!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:54 pm

Could have been worse, he could have sent some random google images claiming they were his Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Insane people on ebay!!! what are people on?!!!!   Insane people on ebay!!!  what are people on?!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:22 pm

yes i guess you are right.

It just felt like i was sucker punched on that one though....
Back to top Go down
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

PostSubject: Re: Insane people on ebay!!! what are people on?!!!!   Insane people on ebay!!!  what are people on?!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 1:24 am

Hey Bud...would you post the users ebay name or (if your able to view it still...being you've been threathened to be blocked) the listing link? Seems to me as if that potential seller had a guilty conscience for some reason. Red flags go way up on this one? Why bother listing the box if he lectures you about the toy is the main sale in the auction? AJ was spot on too about the random photos from google.

As the Mrs. says to me...Breath in through nose and out through mouth...innnnn and ooooouuuttttt....innnnn and oooooouuutttt :cool laugh:
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Insane people on ebay!!! what are people on?!!!!   Insane people on ebay!!!  what are people on?!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 5:46 am

Just realized this could have gone in the watch out thread....
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Insane people on ebay!!! what are people on?!!!!   Insane people on ebay!!!  what are people on?!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 11:54 am

SithLord2013 wrote:
As the Mrs. says to me...Breath in through nose and out through mouth...innnnn and ooooouuuttttt....innnnn and oooooouuutttt :cool laugh:

lol!

Insane people on ebay!!!  what are people on?!!!! Thcayh11

as for what kind of drugs that asshole was on : My vote would be ....

Insane people on ebay!!!  what are people on?!!!! Thcacw10

Insane people on ebay!!!  what are people on?!!!! Thcalp10

it does horrible things to peoples mind No

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Insane people on ebay!!! what are people on?!!!!   Insane people on ebay!!!  what are people on?!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:39 pm

Sorry to hear you got such a reply.

What a tool! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Insane people on ebay!!! what are people on?!!!!   Insane people on ebay!!!  what are people on?!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 7:47 pm

The worst part is that the seller is in Canada so i would have saved the customs and they have a good bunch of good looking Star Wars collectible for sale which got me excited. They would have sold me at least one thing that is worth at least a 100$ if not for this craziness.

oh well, There are nutjobs all over the planet as they say!
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Insane people on ebay!!! what are people on?!!!!   Insane people on ebay!!!  what are people on?!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 4:47 am

Sorry to hear of this Bud!

What a complete and utter tool! Suspect
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Insane people on ebay!!! what are people on?!!!!   Insane people on ebay!!!  what are people on?!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 10:10 am

Crazy people part two....

Insane people on ebay!!!  what are people on?!!!! OvETikY

Originally listed on ebay for $420 with no takers, the item was ended before the official end time. The seller then relisted the item for $400 and shortly afterwards ended the auction again.

The seller has now relisted the item a 3rd time for $900...

So I contacted the seller....

Hi, am I mistaken but have you relisted this item for over twice the price? Wasn't it $400 previously? With no takers?

"yes It was. the loose ones sell upwards to 550-600. this figure will grade very well. I will take offers"

I told him I wouldn't offer more than $400 based on the fact there was no other takers originally.

"have a good day. and thanks for looking."

Would you consider this lowballing?, He originally listed it for $420 with no takers, I didn't think I was doing anything wrong, or was I?
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Insane people on ebay!!! what are people on?!!!!   Insane people on ebay!!!  what are people on?!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 11:12 pm

I thought about my mishap and i think i know what happened. She probably thought i was some dude trying to get some stuff with lowballs offer to resell at higher price down the road. Makes sense but if people start thinking like that when they sell their stuff on ebay then they need to switch to Craiglist or KIJIJI or get some mental help. This is commerce now....well sort of... I dont buy to resell, not yet at least....

the funny thing is that the auction was for 99$ when i inquired and the day after it was down to 75$ or so.

Guilty conscience?

ahahahahah

Last edited by budspencer on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Insane people on ebay!!! what are people on?!!!!   Insane people on ebay!!!  what are people on?!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 11:16 pm

insane ebayer part 3?

wrote to an ebayer to get more pics of an auction. ( yes i did that all the time with boxed items )

response: I dont have access to a camera to take more pictures.

Funny thing is that this ebayer has probably close to a hundred item on sale at the same time.

Did he rent his camera by the hour like a tux?

Being lazy does not pay. His auction is not that high and with more pics he could be doing better. If the box would be good i am sure people would bet on it some more.

or hiding some major defect on the box.... i wonder now.... It looks like i have a knack to catch people with their pants down now! erm..... so to speak...figuratively!... now!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

PostSubject: Re: Insane people on ebay!!! what are people on?!!!!   Insane people on ebay!!!  what are people on?!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 2:30 am

Bud the sad thing is, these items will sell. That guy had no Customer service what so ever but he will sell his items none the less Mad . It's a shame that the responses a seller gives a potential buyer are not screened. Well I suppose there are too many variables for that? It's called a cell phone with camera along with the evilbay app.

The guy knows he can sell it with out taking anymore photos so how dare you bother him lol! Daggone collector! :cool laugh:

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Insane people on ebay!!! what are people on?!!!!   Insane people on ebay!!!  what are people on?!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 6:07 am

oh i am sure he has a camera of some sort. the seller is Just being lazy. But just for kicks and giggles i asked the seller to describe the item. We'll see what comes out of that. He has several dairly big ticket items so like i and you said. He knows he is gonna sell so he has no worries about me.

Yes i agree. It would be nice his sellers could be somehow be intelligently rated for their customer service even before they do a sale.

of course this will not happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insane people on ebay!!! what are people on?!!!!   Insane people on ebay!!!  what are people on?!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Insane people on ebay!!! what are people on?!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1