The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help with finding a total amount of original, vintage figures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

Help with finding a total amount of original, vintage figures - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with finding a total amount of original, vintage figures   Help with finding a total amount of original, vintage figures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:43 pm

@General Kahn -crap - I will revist and ponder it all... for now, this is all the gas I got in the tank......... drinking2

// start part 1/?

3-legged / 3-leg / 3 leg Ed / et al
the Droid Factory R2-D2 is one that I currently want and as a kid considered a figure BIG TIME.... not a creature or accessory but the R2 I wanted!

hrrrrrmmmmmmmmm...................

As for the rest, I too am drunk-ing right now so I will just quote my 'whyiamdoingthat' file verbiage .. drinking2
"
At the start of this project, I had to make a decision. That decision was where to start.
Seeing that there are so many potential figures when you look at playsets and creatures, I decided to go with a hard stance of, 'If it shipped on a card, it's a figure, otherwise, it's not.'
Yes, there is one exception that I have made and that is Blue Snaggletooth. It was a popular response from fellow collectors when I started hunting this whale.
Every figure excluded at this time is a judgement call on my part. I simply won't be building a method at this time to account for boxed or odd-ball figures. That will come at some point. I hope.

everything above is a work in progress, so here is the grain of salt

Smile
// end part 1/?

cheers and thanks and more to come....
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
ToddG
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Help with finding a total amount of original, vintage figures   Help with finding a total amount of original, vintage figures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 12:38 am

Regarding Jabba vs the Wampa etc. I always looked at it this way.

Wampa is a generic term for the beast, same as a dewback, rancor, and Taun Taun.
While Jabba is a specific character or Hutt.

So if it was a Hutt Playset then I would consider it a beast, but because it is the Jabba the Hutt Playset then I tend to think of it as a figure.

I use the same logic for Salicuous Crumb.

Hope that makes sense, and if not I can not blame it on being drunk.

Todd
Back to top Go down
18certel
New User
New User

PostSubject: Website   Help with finding a total amount of original, vintage figures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 8:11 pm

Go to the Jedi Temple Archives and count the number of figures they have.
Back to top Go down
18certel
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Help with finding a total amount of original, vintage figures   Help with finding a total amount of original, vintage figures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 8:13 pm

You should also count both Klaatus as two different figures. Both the Place Outfit and Skiff Outfit.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Help with finding a total amount of original, vintage figures   Help with finding a total amount of original, vintage figures - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 8:32 pm

18certel wrote:
Go to the Jedi Temple Archives and count the number of figures they have.
I am familiar with the site and it is a good one. But for the sake of the project I am starting, I want to see what the current consensus says. There are so many sites out there listing so many things, most are close granted, but this project will primarily be sourced via TIG members so I want to follow their guidance.
FWIW: The JTA has one of my favorite figure views ever! Smile I love the card like view of the basics. I do plan a similar thing, but the data won't be a static image; it will be dynamic based off the central db we create.

18certel wrote:
You should also count both Klaatus as two different figures. Both the Place Outfit and Skiff Outfit.
Agreed and already done. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with finding a total amount of original, vintage figures   Help with finding a total amount of original, vintage figures - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with finding a total amount of original, vintage figures

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2