The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Finally... R2 D2, His Sticker? & Accomplishment!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

Finally... R2 D2, His Sticker? & Accomplishment! Empty
PostSubject: Finally... R2 D2, His Sticker? & Accomplishment!   Finally... R2 D2, His Sticker? & Accomplishment! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:40 pm

I have tracked down at least one version of every production Kenner original line figure in some form; loose/bag/MOC out in the wild with the exception of

The Pop-up Saber R2 D2

Finally... R2 D2, His Sticker? & Accomplishment! Photo5yc

Finally... R2 D2, His Sticker? & Accomplishment! Photo6ja

Ironically, in that time I managed to sift out a saber-less DROIDS version, still haunted by his POTF cousin the search continued. Finally, Sunday evening the hunt came to an end and in less than two years time I accomplished my goal!

Finally... R2 D2, His Sticker? & Accomplishment! Photo7kgx

This R2 has the stickers applied in reverse? :scratch: Is this fairly common? Without having the saber on the DROIDS version, I never messed with the twisting dome. The head turns to the left and right only correct?

So.... Now I need the Droids Factory R2, DROIDS green saber and then onto foreign R2 variants. :Drool:

Finally... R2 D2, His Sticker? & Accomplishment! Photo8yo

Thanks for looking and to TIG for sharing the experience!!!
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: Finally... R2 D2, His Sticker? & Accomplishment!   Finally... R2 D2, His Sticker? & Accomplishment! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:34 am

Hmm, its not the first of april right?

You know his head turns 360 degrees around. So just turn it 180 degrees, as that is what happend here.
When in normal position (looking forward) the saber goes all the way in. When you turn it 180 degrees, the saber rises up.
Back to top Go down
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

PostSubject: Re: Finally... R2 D2, His Sticker? & Accomplishment!   Finally... R2 D2, His Sticker? & Accomplishment! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:36 am

So.... Now I need the Droids Factory R2, DROIDS green saber and then onto foreign R2 variants.

I have a Droids Factory R2, missing center leg Sad I'd be happy to part with him and send him your way if you'd like? Gotta dig him out...I had him in my hand the other day but can't recall where I :scratch: put him. pm me and we'll work something out cheers

-Paul
Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: Finally... R2 D2, His Sticker? & Accomplishment!   Finally... R2 D2, His Sticker? & Accomplishment! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 11:35 am

Stargeezer wrote:
Hmm, its not the first of april right?

You know his head turns 360 degrees around. So just turn it 180 degrees, as that is what happend here.
When in normal position (looking forward) the saber goes all the way in. When you turn it 180 degrees, the saber rises up.

Having never owned this particular figure, still an amateur move on my part... Embarassed Still learning things about these toys...

The head on both R2's didn't seem like they wanted to rotate 360 degrees and I wasn't going to force it. Thanks for the reply.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Finally... R2 D2, His Sticker? & Accomplishment!   Finally... R2 D2, His Sticker? & Accomplishment! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 11:48 am

[quote="Mike_Z"]
Stargeezer wrote:
The head on both R2's didn't seem like they wanted to rotate 360 degrees and I wasn't going to force it. Thanks for the reply.

A screwdriver should do the trick Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally... R2 D2, His Sticker? & Accomplishment!   Finally... R2 D2, His Sticker? & Accomplishment! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally... R2 D2, His Sticker? & Accomplishment!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1