The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some interesting Palitoy stuff?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

Some interesting Palitoy stuff? Empty
PostSubject: Some interesting Palitoy stuff?   Some interesting Palitoy stuff? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 5:29 pm

Hi Folks,

Was wondering if anyone can shed any light on some bits. I've had a good day today, a couple of weeks ago I decided to part with my entire modern Star Wars collection, it's somethng I started many years ago and gave up on a couple of years back with all the new Clone Wars crap. I offered first dibs to a close friend who mainly collects modern stuff and today he popped round (he lives quite far away) and took a few bits, which earned me a tidy little sum my first Blue Snaggletooth Very Happy
He also brought his vintage cardback collection from his childhood collection which I've been hankering to see for a while. He was kind enough to live them with me to scan and archive and also to ask you guys for some help.
It's important to know that all his cardback are from his childhood collection which he, and his family bought all in Britain. Thankfully in many cases he has several of each figure which gives a wide spectrum as no two are the same. I'm aware that Palitoy used Kenner cards with stickers on, but it was suprising to see just how many Kenner cards were present (when I've sorted them fully I'll post a list of all the cardbacks).
For now though here's a couple of interesting things that stood out.

Some interesting Palitoy stuff? Klaatu10

Is this normal? There is no question that this figure was bought in England, so why the Clipper sticker?

Next is a Palitoy competition sheet. My mate seems to think that this may have come with something he bought, he has a Palitoy cardboar Death Star and thought it may have been with that but wasn't sure, do any of you guys know where this came from?

Some interesting Palitoy stuff? Panthl10
Front
Some interesting Palitoy stuff? Panthl11
Back

Finally this, it's some random transfer sheet, God knows where or what it came from, but if you have any idea's, your thought will be glady excepted.

Some interesting Palitoy stuff? Panthl12
Front
Some interesting Palitoy stuff? Panthl13
Back
Some interesting Palitoy stuff? Panthl14
Inner
Some interesting Palitoy stuff? Panthl15
Reverse Picture

Any thought would be great, cheers folks.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting Palitoy stuff?   Some interesting Palitoy stuff? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 5:37 pm

Hi Alex, those transfer sheets were widely available in the UK, & there are other versions. Back in the day I remember buying them in my local post office (Unused sets are readily available on ebay).

I don't remember how the painting competition leaflet was distributed, but it certainly would'nt have come with the Palitoy Death Star.
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting Palitoy stuff?   Some interesting Palitoy stuff? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 5:45 pm

i got two unopen ewok action transfer sets in my collection they were sold all over europe and i keep them in my collection because its written in swedish on them "skilj isar gnugga lyft upp" means "separate rub-down peel off"

about the clipper cardback: i think england and sweden was the 2 last countrys in the world where the kids loved star wars figures in the 80`s so kenner/palitoy/playmix bought up overstock figures from all over europe to sell
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting Palitoy stuff?   Some interesting Palitoy stuff? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 5:56 pm

Cheers guys, great stuff, this transfer set has a Scottish address on it, but is mutli lingual.

Quote :
I don't remember how the painting competition leaflet was distributed, but it certainly would'nt have come with the Palitoy Death Star.

I'm enclined to agree, doesn't seem likely, interesting all the same, I know the enteance date is like 20 years out, but does anyone fancy entering?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting Palitoy stuff?   Some interesting Palitoy stuff? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 5:59 pm

can they have been handle out in toy stores?
in sweden they had a build your diorama contest
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting Palitoy stuff?   Some interesting Palitoy stuff? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 6:08 pm

yeah-sus wrote:
can they have been handle out in toy stores?
in sweden they had a build your diorama contest

I'm sure that is very likely. Hopefully someone who knows for sure will chime in. It would be interesting to have a definate answer.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting Palitoy stuff?   Some interesting Palitoy stuff? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 6:17 pm

Quote :
I'm sure that is very likely. Hopefully someone who knows for sure will chime in. It would be interesting to have a definate answer.
I'm kind of thinking along them lines now, I had a lot of Star Wars vehicles and playsets when I was young and I don't remember this at all, me and my brother have always been very artistic and I'm confident that if my parents had have ever come across this they would have enetered us into it, Jesus, my dad would do out for a freeby, we had like 10 free Rncor keepers!

Which is a good point? where the hell did the free Rancor Keeperes come from in England???? unsure

Was it a breakfast cereal offer?
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting Palitoy stuff?   Some interesting Palitoy stuff? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 6:22 pm

I believe this offer was available in the UK (says Palitoy in the small print at the bottom)
[img]Some interesting Palitoy stuff? Keep_a10[/img]
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting Palitoy stuff?   Some interesting Palitoy stuff? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 6:41 pm

Quote :
I believe this offer was available in the UK (says Palitoy in the small print at the bottom)

Cheers bud, I did find this pic at some point, but the resolution was poor, and I couldn't quite make out the print. Any idea's where it came from though, I don't know why, but for some reason I'm sure we got some free figures from cereal boxes.
It may just be my mind being stupid! Can't think why, I've never done anything to screw it up? smoke drinking :bong: :I am stupid:
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting Palitoy stuff?   Some interesting Palitoy stuff? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 6:53 pm

General Kahn wrote:
Quote :

Cheers bud, I did find this pic at some point, but the resolution was poor, and I couldn't quite make out the print. Any idea's where it came from though, I don't know why, but for some reason I'm sure we got some free figures from cereal boxes.
It may just be my mind being stupid! Can't think why, I've never done anything to screw it up? smoke drinking :bong: :I am stupid:

lol!

I'm sure I've also seen this add in a magazine. As to whether the figure was available through a promo offer on cereal packets, I really don't know. Perhaps Paul or Wouter can shed some light?
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting Palitoy stuff?   Some interesting Palitoy stuff? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 7:51 pm

Paul is Mr. Palitoy right? I'll have to drop him a line.

The Rancor Kepper leaflet thing, does also say, 'free Rancor Keeper with ever six figures' which implies proof of purchases requirements, but there is no Rancor Keeper card offer.

My mind still screams cereal box! and surely there is no reason to question my mind? smoke drinking :bong: :I am stupid: ....... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting Palitoy stuff?   Some interesting Palitoy stuff? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 7:59 pm

The Paul I was referring to is Artoo-Detour, but Mr Palitoy may well have the answer. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting Palitoy stuff?   Some interesting Palitoy stuff? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 8:07 pm

Quote :
The Paul I was referring to is Artoo-Detour
Sorry, of course, sometimes my mind doesn't work right, I'm not sure why smoke drinking :bong: :I am stupid:

Seriously though, I'll give him a bell!
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting Palitoy stuff?   Some interesting Palitoy stuff? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 10:09 pm

For future reference, Mr Palitoy's name is Jason Cool
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting Palitoy stuff?   Some interesting Palitoy stuff? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 4:18 am

The rancor keeper offer was advertised in comics like ROTJ and the leaflets were handed out in toy shops.

Not sure about the painting comp, I have the same leaflet in my collecetuon though.

The transfer set could be brought from stationary stores like Partners, which is where I had my from along with the pencil toppers.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting Palitoy stuff?   Some interesting Palitoy stuff? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 4:35 am

The ROTJ Painting Competition Form was definitely available as a pick up in stores.

Here's a ROTJ Painting Competition flyer which advertised the competition:

http://theswca.com/images-speci/harper/palitoy-art-paintingcontest.html

They're both really cool ads/promos Cool

RE: The Rancor Keeper offer was just a send-in following the cutting out of 6 nameplates from MOCs.

Here's my ad for the Emperor - the exact same offer:

Some interesting Palitoy stuff? Sw_pal21

The Erdington, Birmingham UK address I believe is the address they used for all their promo correspondance, rather then the Coalville, Leicester address which was the factory.

Jason I hope you'll chime in too Cool Was wondering if you had some more info on this Erdington address?
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting Palitoy stuff?   Some interesting Palitoy stuff? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 10:42 am

Quote :
The Rancor Keeper offer was just a send-in following the cutting out of 6 nameplates from MOCs.
Cheers Paul, that finally explains why I had loads of Empero's as well as Rancor Keepers.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting Palitoy stuff?   Some interesting Palitoy stuff? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 11:48 am

Great thread GK, the clippers may have been stickers at Palitoy before being sent over to holland??

I've seen the Rancor and I have the emperor one in a magazine but I'm wondering about the Ackbar, I have a Palitoy mailer but haven't come across the offer or any cards with offers on :scratch:
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting Palitoy stuff?   Some interesting Palitoy stuff? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 11:54 am

Ackbar and a mail-away offer on cards. i'll dig out my photo.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting Palitoy stuff?   Some interesting Palitoy stuff? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 12:05 pm

walkie wrote:
Ackbar and a mail-away offer on cards. i'll dig out my photo.
Nice one Stefan, is it a Palitoy?
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting Palitoy stuff?   Some interesting Palitoy stuff? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 12:38 pm

Not ackbar but this is from one of the marvel rotj comics in released in the UK?

Some interesting Palitoy stuff? XiIHIZu
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting Palitoy stuff?   Some interesting Palitoy stuff? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 12:45 pm

Sweet advert, didn't know that one! Yet another Pali to hunt down cheers
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting Palitoy stuff?   Some interesting Palitoy stuff? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 12:54 pm

Paul, I have all the UK amrvel comics, one days i'm goinf to sort through the lot for all the adverts.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting Palitoy stuff?   Some interesting Palitoy stuff? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 1:14 pm

walkie wrote:
Paul, I have all the UK amrvel comics, one days i'm goinf to sort through the lot for all the adverts.

Look forward to seeing what goodies you find!
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting Palitoy stuff?   Some interesting Palitoy stuff? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 1:22 pm

Was the colouring competition advert only in comics/magazines or was it available as a flyer like the Rankor keeper and Emperor figures?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting Palitoy stuff?   Some interesting Palitoy stuff? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some interesting Palitoy stuff?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next