The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vintage Princess Leia Blaster

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BornTheYearOf
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
BornTheYearOf

Vintage Princess Leia Blaster Empty
PostSubject: Vintage Princess Leia Blaster   Vintage Princess Leia Blaster I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 4:51 pm

Ok, I will first start off by saying this is the very first (Yes The very first ) forum that I have ever joined. I am in need of assistance on a few collectables. I normally just do research myself but I though this was a very nice and informative place. I typically go to estate sales, yard sales and other places to pick up items so I normally do not see many weapons. The last lot that I obtained contained about 30 weapons, but while looking here a few of them had features that I did not see on the ones that were uploaded. The images that I uploaded came from two different camera to show different aspects that I could not show with just one but it is the same weapon. The blaster has a bump on the back of the gun that I did not see on the ones that were uploaded. If someone could help out I would appreciate it. Vintage Princess Leia Blaster Leia_111 Vintage Princess Leia Blaster Leia_c11
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Princess Leia Blaster   Vintage Princess Leia Blaster I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 6:36 pm

I thought this looked good when I first seen it and thought the extra piece may be something they forgot to cut at the factory, like from a spree if that's the right word. After looking closer on the gunnery here at TIG it doesn't look correct to me against any of those variants, look at the line across the barbell under the scope/aim thing.

Where is it from and where any if the other accessories repo?
Back to top Go down
BornTheYearOf
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
BornTheYearOf

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Princess Leia Blaster   Vintage Princess Leia Blaster I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 7:41 pm

Not sure exactly where you are referring to, It looks most like V2 - Dark Blue / Black to me. Can you explain further what does not appear correct as .
Quote :
line across the barbell under the scope/aim thing.
.As far as where they were from was an estate sale and so far it does not appear to be any repro's. I could post more pics if you would not mind looking at them. And Thanks for the quick response
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Princess Leia Blaster   Vintage Princess Leia Blaster I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 9:15 pm

Actually I can say you're good. Leia Blasters have a telltale sign.

The bolt (or screw) in the magazine. If it's there, you're good. If it's not, it's a repro

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Princess Leia Blaster   Vintage Princess Leia Blaster I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 6:48 am

BornTheYearOf wrote:
Not sure exactly where you are referring to, It looks most like V2 - Dark Blue / Black to me. Can you explain further what does not appear correct as .
Quote :
line across the barbell under the scope/aim thing.
.As far as where they were from was an estate sale and so far it does not appear to be any repro's. I could post more pics if you would not mind looking at them. And Thanks for the quick response

By this "line across the barbell under the scope/aim thing" I mean the step type thing on to of the start of the barrel(yours looks like the barrel could start there). Yours also has characteristics of both V2 and V3 if you ask me but that doesn't explain the extra piece at the back, that does look like its suppose to be there but none of the variants on the Gunnery have that, could it be another variant? I'd like to see better pictures to if you could get a few.

"The bolt (or screw) in the magazine. If it's there, you're good. If it's not, it's a repro"

I don't think you can say this anymore John, these repos are getting better all the time and there's even a repo one on the Gunnery now with this present, easy to spot from a picture but not when you have one in hand.

Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Princess Leia Blaster   Vintage Princess Leia Blaster I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 7:05 am

snaggletooth wrote:

"The bolt (or screw) in the magazine. If it's there, you're good. If it's not, it's a repro"

I don't think you can say this anymore John, these repos are getting better all the time and there's even a repo one on the Gunnery now with this present, easy to spot from a picture but not when you have one in hand.

I assume you're talking about repro #2. The dent is there, but no definition to the actual screw. If you take a second look, it kind of looks like a depression. The definition of that screw or bolt is a pretty good indicator (for now at least)

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Princess Leia Blaster   Vintage Princess Leia Blaster I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 7:21 am

DarthBerizing wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:

I assume you're talking about repro #2. The dent is there, but no definition to the actual screw. If you take a second look, it kind of looks like a depression. The definition of that screw or bolt is a pretty good indicator (for now at least)

No definition to the screw at the moment yes but they are getting really good at this and it's just a matter of time.
Back to top Go down
BornTheYearOf
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
BornTheYearOf

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Princess Leia Blaster   Vintage Princess Leia Blaster I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 3:48 pm

Ok, Here are some additional picture. Hopefully they can help. I took additional pictures of another Princess Leia Blaster that came in the same lot, however on further examination, The tip of the barrell was hollowed out and a clayish color material was in the end. Also that barrell was a little bigger in diameter. I then took another picture of a different weapon from the same lot just for additional reference from the lot. Vintage Princess Leia Blaster Img_0310Vintage Princess Leia Blaster Img_0311Vintage Princess Leia Blaster Img_0312Vintage Princess Leia Blaster Img_0313Vintage Princess Leia Blaster Img_0314Vintage Princess Leia Blaster Img_0315
Back to top Go down
BornTheYearOf
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
BornTheYearOf

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Princess Leia Blaster   Vintage Princess Leia Blaster I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 5:49 pm

Ok, Still working on taking better pictures with my camera. I can not seem to get the white balance correct. Here is another picture of the one side. Any thoughts on the blaster? Or are more pictures needed to verfiy whether or not it appears to be a repro or not? Vintage Princess Leia Blaster Img_0413
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Princess Leia Blaster   Vintage Princess Leia Blaster I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 6:34 pm

I agree with John on the Leia gun - it looks real to me Very Happy It does have that odd bump on the end but it certainly isn't unheard of for accessories to have slight molding flaws or a little extra flashing . I think your pictures look great and if I saw the gun on ebay I would purchase it in a second - repro makers are getting really good but I don't believe they are that good yet What a Face
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Princess Leia Blaster   Vintage Princess Leia Blaster I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 2:57 pm

Great pictures, it does look good but I'm still sticking to what I said about that variant not being on the gunnery, the whole back end just looks wrong compared to any of these and if it is a molding flaw wouldn't the mold of had to have a chunk missing to produce that shape on any of the others variants?
http://m.imperialgunnery.com/site/webs_42214307/homeurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imperialgunnery.com%2Fprincessleiablasters.htm&dm_package=1
Back to top Go down
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Princess Leia Blaster   Vintage Princess Leia Blaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 8:15 pm

If you hold the gun over a flashlight, does it appear to be a dark bluish/black color?

Iif it appears as 100% Solid black, it could be a repro. To my knowledge, the Leia pistol was only available in three colors. Translucent green, blue/black and lighter solid blue.

The Stormtrooper blaster also looks good to me. It has the very small circle at the tip of the barrel.
Back to top Go down
BornTheYearOf
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
BornTheYearOf

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Princess Leia Blaster   Vintage Princess Leia Blaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 9:28 pm

Ok, the first picture shows the top, A solid black pilot Blaster. I assume from Nien Nunb, the second is one of the leia blaster, that I think is Translucent Blue, with the last being a Translucent Blue bowcaster. Could be called green but looks blue to me. The bottom picture shows the other leia blaster on top of the black piolt blaster. I would say it was blue / black. Any thoughts???
Vintage Princess Leia Blaster Img_0416
Vintage Princess Leia Blaster Img_0417
Back to top Go down
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Princess Leia Blaster   Vintage Princess Leia Blaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 9:31 pm

I'm on board with everyone else. They look 100% to me! Great deal!
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Princess Leia Blaster   Vintage Princess Leia Blaster I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 3:18 pm

I didn't want to start another thread about a Leia blaster, but I do need some input on one I have.

To me it looks to be a V3 and I would be fine with that but mine appears to be a translucent green and there isn't one listed as translucent green (or translucent anything) under V3.

The image below is the same gun... one with camera flash on to see detail and the other is on paper with a LED flashlight shining on it.
The green hue is the same under the white LED as it is when I hold it up on a sunny day so it isn't getting a the green hue from the light source.

Would this be a new variant of the V3?

Thanks in advance!

Vintage Princess Leia Blaster Leia-v3-tg

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
BornTheYearOf
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
BornTheYearOf

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Princess Leia Blaster   Vintage Princess Leia Blaster I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 9:45 pm

I just wanted to let everyone know that the one blaster was actually a first shot blaster. At least that is what was told to me by CIB. I assume it was the one with the hole in it but I am not positive. I have found many interesting facts about star wars collecting that I never knew existed. Just wanted to give back the information that I got in return for everyone's help. Thanks again for everyones help.
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Princess Leia Blaster   Vintage Princess Leia Blaster I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:19 pm

This is very interesting...
I have seen one first shot (un-produced Leia) blaster. It is owned by Chris Prince.
A link to the photo is here....
http://forum.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.rebelscum.com%2Fphotogallery%2Fdata%2F609%2Fleia_ENG_PILOTS_cape_gun_FS.jpg
I also noticed his blaster has the same plastic extension near the back handle of the blaster as yours does. But you will also notice his blaster is different near the barrel area...
Where did your blaster come from?
-Steve

Last edited by The_Dark_Artist on Fri May 10, 2013 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Princess Leia Blaster   Vintage Princess Leia Blaster I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:28 pm

His blaster came from the 2004 Earth find in Cincinnati, Ohio...
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1022383/
Back to top Go down
BornTheYearOf
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
BornTheYearOf

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Princess Leia Blaster   Vintage Princess Leia Blaster I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 11:01 pm

I bought all the items from a living estate sale. The lady that sold the items was good friends with a former kenner employee. I just posted some additional information on the Prototype thead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Princess Leia Blaster   Vintage Princess Leia Blaster I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage Princess Leia Blaster

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1