The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Insuring (rental insurance) for your collectibles?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

Insuring (rental insurance) for your collectibles? Empty
PostSubject: Insuring (rental insurance) for your collectibles?   Insuring (rental insurance) for your collectibles? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Quick question...
I have a basic renters insurance policy (thankfully never used) but as I think about it, does renter's insurance cover toy collectibles (theft, damage, etc)?

It is vague with Geico's lingo online so far (my current provider) and before I go through more than 15 minutes on the phone with them (haha), is this something standard for renter's insurance or do I need to look around for something different? A quick Google search and I already and starting to see "special" companies for sports collectibles and memorabilia, so perhaps renters won't cut it?

Granted I have nothing major in value like most of your collections, but I would like to have a little insurance or adjust a couple grand to account for what I do have just in case. And hopefully something I can easily adjust as my collection grows as well.

Anyway... any insight would be welcomed!

cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Insuring (rental insurance) for your collectibles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insuring (rental insurance) for your collectibles?   Insuring (rental insurance) for your collectibles? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 7:38 pm

Ive heard different stories. I think a Ryder is needed if you're getting insurance against things outside of your house burning down. If you get a Ryder, it protects from loss , damage in transit, etc..

I'd say talk to your insurance company, it seems to be up to interpretation
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com

Insuring (rental insurance) for your collectibles?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1