The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

If you won the lottery...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

If you won the lottery... Empty
PostSubject: If you won the lottery...   If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:31 am

...what would your collection be like? What items would you go after, would you still go after those bargains on ebay just for the thrill of the hunt or turn your attention to huge items with even bigger price tags just to have a mega collection!

Would you even collect still??

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: If you won the lottery...   If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:53 am

If I won the lotto I would buy those 2 AFA graded Rocket Firing Fetts on Brians Toys!!!!
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: If you won the lottery...   If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:04 am

I'd buy that guys 3 DT Vader,Luke & Ben display that's on Lafos' website & send it back to AFA so they could put the figures back on the cards & get rid of the wanky U grades & get them to display it with just the MOC's with the Irwin provenance letter instead! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: If you won the lottery...   If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:10 am

DarthStanley wrote:
I'd buy that guys 3 DT Vader,Luke & Ben display that's on Lafos' website & send it back to AFA so they could put the figures back on the cards & get rid of the wanky U grades & get them to display it with just the MOC's with the Irwin provenance letter instead! Very Happy

Mark you are my hero! ⭐
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: If you won the lottery...   If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:23 am

Lafos' website???????????
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: If you won the lottery...   If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:29 am

Here you go coach. http://www.9holygrails.blogspot.com/

If I won, I'd still go for the deals because I'd be a tight wad. lol! The first thing I'd do is pay off all mine, my parents, and sisters bills, then travel for a year around the world on a vintage buying spree to make the hunt for items more memorial.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: If you won the lottery...   If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:31 am

Oh for sure I wouldn't spend a penny on Star Wars until I had the house the cars and the peace of mind BUT then you would eventually turn your attentions to a full on SW room! LOL

Gotta have a room like Jeffs Laughing I would also invite you all over to play Star Wars Arcade games whilst you drool over my collection, then when you left feeling a little down I would give you all a carded VCJ to keep tongue
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: If you won the lottery...   If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:32 am

Lets pretend you already won Joe and send me the VCJ anyway. rofl
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: If you won the lottery...   If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:34 am

LOL!

If I was rich I would be very generous with my good friends thats for sure, and I would definitely be going to C5!
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: If you won the lottery...   If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:34 am

Joe_O wrote:

Mark you are my hero! ⭐

lol! lol! lol!

U grades mean fuck all to me! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: If you won the lottery...   If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:36 am

DarthStanley wrote:
Joe_O wrote:

Mark you are my hero! ⭐

lol! lol! lol!

U grades mean fuck all to me! Very Happy

cheers :clap: Quote of the day.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: If you won the lottery...   If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:39 am

I'd personally go for a Rocket Fett... loose of course, so I could see just how dangerous the rocket really was. Very Happy I would also finally own a gold Darth Vader case. Wink

I'd also really trick out my display room, turn it into a theater as well. Like others have said though, I would make sure I'm living comfortably first.

I think the 'round the world vintage buying spree sounds like a ton of fun too! Especially if you could go from collectors to collectors house to see their collections.
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: If you won the lottery...   If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:41 am

I'd buy a house and have Jeff design one of the levels for a collection like his. Only instead of everything incased in AFA cases, they would be in Oscars cases. Very Happy

In reality I don't think my collection would be much different. The really big ticket items I would want, would be an Executive coin set and some preproduction Luke Jedi stuff. Other than that, I would say I would be collecting the same I am now, but I'll never know until it happens.

/me goes to buy a lottery ticket.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: If you won the lottery...   If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:42 am

Joe_O wrote:
I would also invite you all over to play Star Wars Arcade games whilst you drool over my collection, then when you left feeling a little down I would give you all a carded VCJ to keep tongue

I'm coming over to visit right now. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: If you won the lottery...   If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:44 am

That would be the main thing, going visiting and having a blast finding things with friends. You just cant beat finding vintage with buds.

Shawn, pick me up two while your out. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: If you won the lottery...   If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:46 am

I reckon i'd start a moc collection. I've resisted thus far, but i know i'd be able to do it justice with that sorta cash.
In my newly bought mansion, i would just want a state of the art SW collecting room (not a whole floor).....but what a room it'd be!
Ho hum, you never know.
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: If you won the lottery...   If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:45 am

if i won the lottery i'd pay off jimmy's debt Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: If you won the lottery...   If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 5:50 pm

Wow i think id have rooms like full size Dioramas Smile (underneath my mansion of course), there would also be a convention each year fully paid for for you guys to come and have a week+ of fun and blah, AND a free Ebay night Wink

The best part would be when i want rid of you all and unleash the hounds hehe
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: If you won the lottery...   If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:39 pm

Hyver wrote:
if i won the lottery i'd pay off jimmy's debt If you won the lottery... Icon_wink

WOW ? THANKS BRO If you won the lottery... 13179
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: If you won the lottery...   If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 5:56 am

Joe_O wrote:
...what would your collection be like? What items would you go after, would you still go after those bargains on ebay just for the thrill of the hunt or turn your attention to huge items with even bigger price tags just to have a mega collection!

Would you even collect still??

Very Happy

What lol!!!!!

Seriously if i won big on the lotto (i.e the 56million GBP the couple in the UK won on the Euro the other week been an example)

I would earmark a couple of million for vintage SW!

I would then probably build a TIG museum designing the building myself as a 2 - 3 year project. Fill it with loads of rare vintage SW info etc! I would probably build a seperate wing for other popular toy lines as well.

I would also probably travel round the world trying to catch up with as many forums members as possible Smile
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: If you won the lottery...   If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 6:50 am

If I won the lottery......

I would make you all kiss my ass bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Then I would probably buy STUs Ledys and Trems and Robs Ledys and the PBPs from Kenneth that Im missing.....

Wolff
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: If you won the lottery...   If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:31 am

In that case if you won the lotto Wolff i would be rich lol
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: If you won the lottery...   If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:34 am

The Admiral wrote:
In that case if you won the lotto Wolff i would be rich lol

rich: maybe...but you also kissed someones butt ....MINE:)
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: If you won the lottery...   If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:36 am

Haha definately NOT for sale then Wink
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: If you won the lottery...   If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:50 am

The Admiral wrote:
Haha definately NOT for sale then Wink

I know....then you would of course donate him to me Smile....butt tastes yummie Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you won the lottery...   If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you won the lottery...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-