The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What items have you missed out on.....?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

What items have you missed out on.....? Empty
PostSubject: What items have you missed out on.....?   What items have you missed out on.....? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 3:08 pm

We all know and love the "Your latest vintage purchases" thread, so how about one show casing items you missed out on?

Now and again i could kick myself for missing out on items which i'd like to buy but fail. In the past i've missed out on a MOC Top Toys Chewbacca & Darth Vader's, Several Glasslite Chewbacca's (my achilles heel) and various other bits and bobs.

My latest was the below, so i'll start the ball rolling....

Top Toys Yoda

Some images....

What items have you missed out on.....? OQpHh
What items have you missed out on.....? QHmcj

Last edited by walkie on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: What items have you missed out on.....?   What items have you missed out on.....? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 6:00 pm

affraid That was a steal!

Missed out on a very Rare Palitoy 45 back Power Droid on RS Sad

Amid a few others I cant think of at the moment
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: What items have you missed out on.....?   What items have you missed out on.....? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 6:01 pm

Ozio organised a stack of cardbacks & a few figures I 'need' except I'm skint so had to pass Sad
an old similar thread: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t1273-missed-out-on-thisgutted?highlight=gutted
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: What items have you missed out on.....?   What items have you missed out on.....? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 6:05 pm

Worst thing he dropped the price from $350 when the winning buyer asked him. My Brazilian contact tried but he wouldn't ship it out of Argentina, I asked around for help and failed. It was a sad day Sad

@AJ can you combine the topics?
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: What items have you missed out on.....?   What items have you missed out on.....? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 10:05 pm

How much is a top toys yoda worth? I guess I missed out on one as I saw one newly listed on ebay but did not know the value and I dont really collect the line yet. By the time I came back they had sold it for $100. The buy it now was $129. All of my biggest misses have been on ebay. I was offered a case of figures for $125 but turned it down and it sold for around $300 a week later. I didnt think there was anything in it worth going to high and frankly thought that the 125 was high but in retrospect I should have bought it and taken a chance I guess.
Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: What items have you missed out on.....?   What items have you missed out on.....? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 12:41 pm

I won that Top Toys Yoda for $100 Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: What items have you missed out on.....?   What items have you missed out on.....? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 12:45 pm

RetroRewindToys wrote:
I won that Top Toys Yoda for $100 Smile

:Drool: was it complete?
Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: What items have you missed out on.....?   What items have you missed out on.....? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 1:28 pm

No it's not complete, only has the robe & the cane pictured with it is a repro. But still, for $100 I am super happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: What items have you missed out on.....?   What items have you missed out on.....? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 1:36 pm

Congrats on the win. I was unsure if it was a good price and by the time I got back it was sold. I am glad it went to a collector and hopefully you can get accessories for it. It looked like a very nice figure and cape though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: What items have you missed out on.....?   What items have you missed out on.....? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Congrats Pat Great buy mate Cool
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: What items have you missed out on.....?   What items have you missed out on.....? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 3:39 pm

I thought it was just fishermen that talked about 'the one that got away'. lol!

Like everyone else, I've missed out on some great pieces over the years, but the items I didn't miss out on more than make up for it. Wink
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: What items have you missed out on.....?   What items have you missed out on.....? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 10:27 pm

Last year I missed out on two items on the same day. There was a loose Uzay Headman and a POCH carded Rebel Commander. Since I was vying for both I wanted to be smart and his smart but I ended up having to put all my eggs in one basket and ended up bidding all on the Hamdan and getting sniped

Twas a sad day
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: What items have you missed out on.....?   What items have you missed out on.....? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 5:14 pm

"What items have you missed out on.......?"

Alot of them. Sad
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: What items have you missed out on.....?   What items have you missed out on.....? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 8:56 pm

Two Vintage First Shot Jawas in 2004. Another First Shot Jawa in 2008 and yes, another First Shot Jawa this year... Oh well..
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
sithtoys
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
sithtoys

PostSubject: Re: What items have you missed out on.....?   What items have you missed out on.....? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 8:43 pm

I've certainly missed a few deals, and cool pieces in my time. I think the one that
really burned the most was a vintage Vader FS. I missed it when it was first discovered,
then again when I was outbid in a Toy Shop auction. First shots from the 1st 21 are tough
enough to track down, and Vader has always been insanely tough. (even up to now, there
are only 4 known, and I've been collecting for over 20 years)
Those two misses cost me, in both time and money. I spent nearly 13 years tracking it,
then cost me nearly 2x's what it originally sold for. While it had a happy ending, feeling
that "burn" for over a decade was ... well .... not good Wink

http://www.sithtoys.com/MTVader.html

Bill
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: What items have you missed out on.....?   What items have you missed out on.....? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 4:32 am

Great thread!

I missed out on:

- A boxed Lili Ledy Darth Vader TIE Fighter
- A loose PBP pink face Cloud Car Pilot

Both items went for a much higher price than my maximum bid, so what I was prepared to pay for them.

So I don't feel too bad about them. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: What items have you missed out on.....?   What items have you missed out on.....? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 4:41 am

In the last few months i missed out on the following POCH/PBP items, due to my lack of knowledge with the spanish line of figures.

They all ended up selling for roughly 1/3 of there current market value Sad

White Bespin Guard
Bossk Fat Lips
Lando Black Neck
Back to top Go down
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: What items have you missed out on.....?   What items have you missed out on.....? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 10:13 pm

Most recently I missed out on a simple little part I was looking for. I just needed a cockpit glass for the Falcon Canopy. I threw down a bid, only to loose by a mear 50 cents!

One other item I just missed out on was a Micro Collection Wampa Cave. It was loose but complete, and ended at again 50 cents more than my bid. Something tells me I better start going a little higher!
Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: Re: What items have you missed out on.....?   What items have you missed out on.....? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 5:42 am

What I missed out...still hunting for them.

MOC Diecast Slave 1.
MOC ROTJ Boba Fett 65 back with Emperor offer.
MOC ROTJ Boba Fett 79 back.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: What items have you missed out on.....?   What items have you missed out on.....? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 6:41 am

Some things I missed out on recently surprised me because they were just little oddball things like a small collection of Harbert SW adverts, a ROTJ magazine poster and an MPC model kit. Nothing major but I was still a little bit gutted for a while lol.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: What items have you missed out on.....?   What items have you missed out on.....? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 7:31 am

Lando black neck....only 100 euros, see these on forums at 300.

What items have you missed out on.....? IOsHY

Bossk light green limbs....only £80, see one of RS for £500.

What items have you missed out on.....? TK28c
Back to top Go down
flycasual
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
flycasual

PostSubject: Re: What items have you missed out on.....?   What items have you missed out on.....? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 4:23 pm

I don't think that Bossk is the same figure. Either way, I wouldn't buy it. Wink
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: What items have you missed out on.....?   What items have you missed out on.....? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 4:28 pm

Lucky I passed on it then Smile
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: What items have you missed out on.....?   What items have you missed out on.....? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:56 pm

What items have you missed out on.....? $T2eC16ZHJF0E9nmFSvJ1BQ6,BMCYKg~~60_12
sold really cheap Sad
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: What items have you missed out on.....?   What items have you missed out on.....? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 1:57 pm

I forgot about the auction ending and it went cheap. :I am stupid:

What items have you missed out on.....? Pictur23
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What items have you missed out on.....?   What items have you missed out on.....? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What items have you missed out on.....?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next