The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 10:13 pm

Just wondering if anyone else out there collects vintage Battlestar Galactica?
This is the only other thing that I collect besides vintage Star Wars.

Clint

Last edited by Commander Clint on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 10:19 am

Nope. But they have some cool looking ships in the line, don't they? Pretty sure I wanted to pick one of them up. Off the top of my head, its called a Viper.
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 6:47 pm

I'm still on the look out for some of those vehicles as well. I mostly have a complete loose figure set, a few card backs with original bubbles and trading cards. I also have a complete run of all 23 vintage marvel comics as well. It's a small collection.

But I picked up a nice lot this morning just outside of Toronto in Oakville. They were listed in a local classified ad and they were going cheap. The guy didn't know what he was selling or the price would have been 3x or 4x as much.

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? Dsc06015

In all the years of collecting, I have only ever found one Canadian card back. Most of the card backs and MOC are the US versions. But here are 3 MOC Canadian examples. The cards are warped a bit with some bends and spider webbing on them from sitting in a damp basement for years, but they are an amazing find. They don't appear to be repo's and they still look like they are factory sealed. The Daggit still has the plastic/wire tie around the leg and out the back of the card. They are all the orginal 6 back, not the later 10 back.

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? Dsc06016

The still sealed wax packs of trading cards, arrived last week. I got them off Ebay from a Seattle Goodwill auction.

Thanks

Clint
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 7:04 pm

Cool remember watching this as a kid

Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 7:10 pm

Great score on the Canadian cards, Clint. I think you've done well there. Cool
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 7:20 pm

Thanks.

I usually try to stay away from MOC's, just because it is getting too easy to make repo's of the card backs. But when I had them in my hands, I new they were the real thing.

They will be a nice addition (center pieces) to my collection.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 3:34 am

Clint, congrats on some nice BG stuff cheers
I remember having the the Viper Launch Station as a kid, it was huge (well it was back then lol). Sadly, like quite a few other childhood toys, no longer have this. Also remember me and my brother having books and collecting cards. BG seemed very popular in the UK during late 70s.

Here are three vintage BG ads from my toy adverts collection Cool

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? Battle11

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? Creepy13

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? Weird_11

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 9:01 am

Paul
Those are some cool ads. Thanks for sharing.

I remember watching the series as a kid as well. I rented the original movie from our local video store a few weeks ago. It was fun to watch again. I may even try to find the complete original tv series on video as well. Maybe the kids will sit down with me to watch a few episodes?
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 5:46 pm

I've seen it on telly here lately. Fuck the Cylon guys look dumb lol!
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 7:47 pm

Here is some of my collection that I dug out of storage.  Enjoy!

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? Dsc06017

I've found that even among such a small bunch of figures, that there are some variants.  Paint colours, material textures, trim variations, and even a Mexican bootleg.  Maybe you can spot the bootleg? Very Happy
I even have a couple of private security guards watching over my desk area.

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? Dsc06018
Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? Dsc06019

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? Dsc06020

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? Dsc06021

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? Dsc06022

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? Dsc06023

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? Dsc06024

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? Dsc06025

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? Dsc06026

Last edited by Commander Clint on Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:32 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 1:31 pm

Another new piece for the collection.

An empty trading card display box. cheers This will go nice with the vintage trading card collection and the wax packs.

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? Dsc06213

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? Dsc06214

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? Dsc06215

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? Dsc06216
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 2:10 pm

The trading card box is great! Love the artwork on it. I missed the post above, what a cool collection! the Ovian figures and Imperious Leaders are pretty freaky, could easily imagine them in a 70s Doctor Who episode.
Congrats on a nice score cheers

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 2:35 pm

Thanks Paul
I was on the lookout for the trading card box for a while. There was a guy from Australia on Ebay that had a complete full box, all 36 wax packs of cards included for $200. But since I already had some of the wax packs, I found this empty box for $15 from the US.
I never watched Doctor Who. affraid I think that it is on Netflix, so I will have to sit down some weekend and watch a few episodes!

Hey, I finally got to listen to the last The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Cast' on the weekend. Big congrats for being mentioned by name and getting TIG site a mention as well. cheers
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 9:59 pm

A few recent additions to the collection. cheers

Canadian Jigsaw Puzzle
Canadian Space Glow Putty (Silly putty), the card is in french on the opposite side.
1978 unopened package of Blueprints
The original movie on DVD
The complete series on 6 double sided DVD's in Cylon collectors box.

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? Dsc06313
Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? Dsc06315
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 6:30 am

Great BG additions, Clint Cool I really like the packaging design for the space glow putty.

Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 11:18 am

Love your Galactica collection !!!!!!!!! I collect the figures too but I don't have any of the other cool stuff you have - all I have is a complete set of the figures .
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 11:34 am

James, post some pictures your collection. I would love to see it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 11:50 am

sure - heres what I have Very Happy
Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? Dsc05210

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? Dsc05211

heres my Buck Rogers collection too ..........

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? Dsc05212

do you collect any other non Star Wars lines ? I have quite a few non Star Wars collections ..............
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 11:59 am

Those look great. Love the Buck Rogers collection as well. :clap:

Vintage Star Wars and vintage Battlestar Galactica are the only 2 lines that I collect at the moment. I've thought about collecting Buck Rogers, Clash of the Titans, but I just don't have the room at the moment.

James, you should post some pictures of your collections for others to see. I would like to see them. Very Happy I'm sure there are other members that would like to see them as well.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:11 pm

sure - I would love to show off some of my other collections . Should I start a new off topic thread for each collection ?

BTW I saw you had a whole pile of Cylon guns but I can't remember if I saw any of the little guns or a Boray club - if you happen to need any accessories let me know ; I will notify you if I come across something you need (the boray club is a real bitch to find if you don't have one)
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:05 pm

I'm not sure if you need a separate thread for each collection? Surprise us!

I do have a pile of Cylon guns. They keep showing up in some of the collections I pick up. I do have some of the small guns (4-5), but not enough for every figure. I got lucky when I bought Boray. The picture from the ad didn't show his club, but when he arrived, and it was there.

I'll let you know if I need anything. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 6:26 pm

here are a couple links with some info on the basic figure line if anyones interested :

http://www.toymania.com/334archives/battlestar/index.htm

http://www.action-figures.ca/battlestar_galactica.htm

Back to top Go down
Dax
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Dax

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 8:00 pm

Still working on finishing off my collection of figures. I still need Starbuck, the two Daggits, Lucifer and Boray. They're not that hard to come by but I balk at picking up a loose figure for $15 and then having to pay $40 in shipping from the US to Australia! So I keep my eyes open for groups of figures with reasonable shipping and then pick up what I can. I actually enjoy doing it this way, it adds some of the element of the hunt back in. I picked up 3 Indy figures like this recently and they are fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:02 pm

Hi Dax

If you are looking for some nice BSG figures, you might try asking James at ourchichenshack. He usually has some nice figures for sale. And he is good with shipping prices.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:40 pm

hey thank you Clint for the endorsement - I do have a few nice ones on ebay right now Very Happy

At the 1st of the year USPS raised all the shipping rates - which sucks . But at least one good thing they did do was that they made 1st class mail trackable for International shipments (even Australia Wink ). This is great because I no longer have to use Priority Mail which is wayyyy too expensive . I don't blame anyone at all for not wanting to pay the $30 - $40 that it cost to ship that way - I know I wouldn't pay it either .
So far what I have seen is it averages between $7 to $10 to ship a figure 1st class - the rate just depends on where its going and how much it weighs .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next