The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Has anyone ever seen this on a Ben cape?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

Has anyone ever seen this on a Ben cape? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone ever seen this on a Ben cape?   Has anyone ever seen this on a Ben cape? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi guys, I have a early production Ben (not my first shot, but a production piece). Hong Kong coo, white hair... came from Cinci, Ohio, and most likely originally with a DT saber. The question I have is has anyone ever seen a early production Ben cape that does not have the crosshatch pattern on one side? In other words, it has no crosshatching. I know red flags may be going up but I have studied this cape for hours, comparing it to my other production Ben capes. The material is 100% the same! The color is 100% the same! The weight and thickness are 100% the same! And the cut is 100% dead on! Just no crosshatching.
I did a little digging but have come up with nutten : (
Anyone out there have any info regarding this. I have written a couple other Like Bill McBride and Chris_G. I'm curious to your thoughts...
Thanks for your time, -Steve
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever seen this on a Ben cape?   Has anyone ever seen this on a Ben cape? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 5:53 pm

I thought that it was normal. Reach out to Jason West about his proto Jawas. I think they have a similar texture

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever seen this on a Ben cape?   Has anyone ever seen this on a Ben cape? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi John. Thanks for the post buddy. What I was trying to say is the cape has no crosshatching on either side. It is smooth on both sides.
With that said, I honestly think this is a legit cape. The material is exactly the same as my other production Bens. I did so much comparison I was convinced it was fine.
Talked to Bill. He told me not to give it too much worry. Because of the high amounts of numbers rolling off the production lines. Anomalies happen...
If the cut, color, thickness, material was at all different in any way, I'd be concerned, but everything is dead on. I was just curious if anyone else has a Ben cape without the crosshatching. Also, this is not a Lili Ledy cape...
: )
-Steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever seen this on a Ben cape?   Has anyone ever seen this on a Ben cape? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has anyone ever seen this on a Ben cape?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1