The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mark_Yeo
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader Empty
PostSubject: If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader   If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:40 am

Hi guys

Nice set of 12D MOCs (with 32 back stickers) arrived today. If there was any doubt as to whether C3PO or Han (Large Head) on a 12D cardback exists in a MOC form, I can confirm that they do. At some point in time, it was thought that the 12D Vaders were really rare but I think that quite a few have turned up in recent times and are in some Vader focus collections.

Here they are (together with Vader):-

C-3PO 12B w 32 back sticker

If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader C-3POKenner12DUNPAFA80-85-80-85-fullfrontview-1 If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader C-3POKenner12DUNPAFA80-85-80-85-fullbackview If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader C-3POKenner12DUNPAFA80-85-80-85-AFAlabel

Han Solo (Large Head) 12B w 32 back stic
ker

If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader HanSoloKenner12DLHPAFA75-75-85-85-fullfrontview-1 If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader HanSoloKenner12DLHPAFA75-75-85-85-fullbackview If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader HanSoloKenner12DLHPAFA75-75-85-85-AFAlabel

Darth Vader 12B w 32 back sticker

If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader DarthVaderKenner12DUNPAFA80-80-85-85-fullfrontview-1 If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader DarthVaderKenner12DUNPAFA80-80-85-85-fullbackview If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader DarthVaderKenner12DUNPAFA80-80-85-85-AFAlabel

These have taken a while to track down but aren't they beauties. Smile

Cheers,

Mark
Back to top Go down
Dutchskywalker
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Dutchskywalker

If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader Empty
PostSubject: Re: If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader   If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 2:13 pm

Awesome find, thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader   If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 9:48 pm

Mark,

Wow, that is one awesome set. I do have one question. Are you aware of any 12D Jawas? I have never seen one and doubt they exist. Of course, you could reply back with a BAM picture of one as well.
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader   If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 9:52 pm

We were recently talking about a cardback sale of a 12D, I'd hate to think what those lovely MOCs cost. Fantastic additions once again Mark Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mark_Yeo
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader   If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:03 pm

sith jawa wrote:
Mark,

Wow, that is one awesome set. I do have one question. Are you aware of any 12D Jawas? I have never seen one and doubt they exist. Of course, you could reply back with a BAM picture of one as well.

Hey Jason

I know that out of the 12, the following 12D MOCs are confirmed to exist (as I have personally seen them or have them):-

1. Luke
2. Ben
3. Leia
4. Chewie
5. C-3PO
6. R2
7. Han
8. DSC
9. Vader

Personally, I have not seen nor heard of a Jawa 12D MOC. I have also not heard or seen of a Tusken 12D or a Stormtrooper 12D. Given that the 12D cardbacks came about due to overstock when the ESB run started, my best guess would be that these 3 characters on 12 backs had been sold out by then due to their popularity - to form "bad guy" armies or something like that, and hence the 12 backs for these 3 characters never made it to that stage for the 32 back stickers to be applied.

However, as no stats are available as to what overstock 12 backs were there at that time and this stuff is not documented anywhere, there would always a possibility that an example may suddenly pop up. Stranger things have happened recently. These 3 would be the rarest of the 12D if they do in fact exist IMHO.

Would have loved to limelight a Jawa 12D though - that would have been so cool LOL...Smile

Cheers,

Mark
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader   If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:54 pm

Wow, Mark, what a great limelight! That Vader is in much better shape than the one I have. I have a quick question, though. How do they know it's a 12-B with a sticker? I was always under the impression that the only difference between a 12-a and 12-b was the B having the additional wording at the bottom for a Free Action Stand. But that part is covered up by the sticker. Or is there another way to differentiate between an A and B?

Again, great post!!
Back to top Go down
Mark_Yeo
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader   If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:19 pm

DarthTad wrote:
Wow, Mark, what a great limelight! That Vader is in much better shape than the one I have. I have a quick question, though. How do they know it's a 12-B with a sticker? I was always under the impression that the only difference between a 12-a and 12-b was the B having the additional wording at the bottom for a Free Action Stand. But that part is covered up by the sticker. Or is there another way to differentiate between an A and B?

Again, great post!!

There is another differentiating point on the A and B cardbacks.

Look at the picture of the telescoping light saber to the right of the middle of the cardback under the words "How to Work A Lightsaber".

A 12A back has a very short saber tip. See - http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2702022810045328333qMrAla

A 12B back has a longer saber tip that is shown. See - http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2021711020045328333NKyEgX

Hope this clarifies.Smile

Cheers, Mark
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader   If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 12:44 am

Thanks, Mark! I never noticed that.

Thanks again for sharing these awesome finds!
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader   If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 2:32 am

Mark,
You always have the most impressive stuff to Limelight. I can only imagine owning one off these 12D backs one day.
Not only are these rarer MOC's, but they are all in Very nice condition aswell.

You got some great sources to get you the stuff you need. You always come up with the best of the best.
Love you Limelights, keep them coming.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader   If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If there was any doubt - 12D (with 32 back stickers) exist for C3PO, Han & Vader

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1