The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!   imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 2:43 pm

I'll try and do some Snowtrooper skirts tomorrow Paul.

Don't know if it's worth putting these on the guide, Action Force Rifle for the YPS Snowtrooper. In the past I have seen a YPS Snowtrooper advertised as having a 'repro' rifle, so repro versions of this rifle do most likely exist, I don't have one though. This gun is original and floats in water.

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 Yps_sn10

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 Yps_sn11
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!   imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 3:28 pm

Alex, nice pics and info, thanks! Yes you're right the repros do exist, we have one example already. Thanks for help with Snowtrooper skirts too.  
cheers!
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!   imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 3:04 pm

Sorry Paul, not these are not the best pics of the skirts, I'll try again at the weekend when I can have better light, maybe they will turn out better, but it's difficult to see he texture, mainly because of the white material. My camera isn't great so I can't get decent close ups of the texture (the fact it's white really doesn't help!) But heres a couple anyway.

Kenner - One side is slightly rough when looked at closely and resembles several of the other vinyl capes.

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 Kenner10

Kenner - The other side of the cape has the criss cross pattern when looked at closely and has the 'zipping' sound when ou run your nail over it.

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 Kenner11

Euro - This is the round hole cape found on the Tri-Logo and other European figures, one side is similar to the Kenner 'rough' side.

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 Tri-lo10

Euro - The other side is smooth and shiny. This skirt is notably flimsy compared to the Kenner version.

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 Tri-lo11
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!   imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 5:43 am

As per Alex's photos above, the snowtrooper skirts are a pig to photograph Sad

However in my collection I found three variants, as shown below...

Overall Comparison Shot

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 IAwhKes
Skirts (Left to Right): Trilogo / Kenner Small Holes / Kenner Large Holes

v1 & v2 - Kenner Comparison Photo

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 2043bUq
Kenner: Small Holes L/H - Large Holes R/H

- Note as the material is the same for V1 & V2 the photos can be used for both variants.

v1 - Kenner (Small Holes)

- Zippy material like Leia Cape, Rough opposite side
- Small holes between slit

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 D8F9t0y
Kenner: Front Zippy Side

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 BqQUo1I
Kenner: Front Zippy Side Holes/Slit Close Up

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 4uoFJwP
Kenner: Front Zippy Side Close Up

v2 - Kenner (Large Holes)

- Same material as V1
- Large holes between slit

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 P6TLaIx
Kenner: Back Side

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 FTW3Hd1
Kenner: Back Side Close Up

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 DEWCDPt
Kenner: Back Side Holes/Slit Close Up

v3 - Trilogo

- Rough finish one side, Smooth the other
- Large circular holes
- Material very filmsy
- Cutting error on "ear" above hole

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 UtsgOHG
Trilogo: Front Rough Side

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 IHvcLW0
Trilogo: Back Smooth Side

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 7aTxMQF
Trilogo: Front Rough Side Close Up

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 RDoCBCC
Trilogo: Hole Smooth Side Close Up

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 PBHDgSU
Trilogo: Hole Rough Side Close Up

Hope this helps?
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!   imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 6:28 am

Alex and Stef, those pics should work. I know they're a bit tricky to shoot as I had similar probs taking the Leia Organa cape shots too. I'll have a sort through your pics and look to add some for the next update. Thanks both cheers
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!   imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 6:53 am

Artoo_Detour wrote:
I had similar probs taking the Leia Organa cape shots too.
I bet you'd like a photo of the unique glasslite Leia cape?
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!   imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 12:23 pm

Hey Stef, when I photographed my Tri-Logo cape I noticed a strange cut on the corner on one side, didn't think much of it, but yours has the same cut, so I've just checked my other Tri-Trooper and it has the same cut as well.
It must have bee some deformity on the cutting tool, I appreciate that there was probably more than one cutting tool and all capes probably don't have this, but interestingly this could be used as an identifying point for spotting originals.

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 Tri-lo12
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!   imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 12:24 pm

Sorry, I've just noticed that you have already pointed that out Stef :I am stupid: 
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!   imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 3:33 pm

Another Leia Blaster Repro

- Moulded in black plastic
- Not circle on handle
- EPM on one side
- Floats

has anyone seen these before?

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 SAM_3003

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 SAM_3008

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 SAM_2989

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 SAM_2993

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 SAM_3000
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!   imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 3:34 pm

General Kahn wrote:
Hey Stef, when I photographed my Tri-Logo cape I noticed a strange cut on the corner on one side, didn't think much of it, but yours has the same cut, so I've just checked my other Tri-Trooper and it has the same cut as well.
It must have bee some deformity on the cutting tool, I appreciate that there was probably more than one cutting tool and all capes probably don't have this, but interestingly this could be used as an identifying point for spotting originals.

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 Tri-lo12
Alex, check out the difference in hole size!, I only just noticed :I am stupid: 
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!   imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 4:29 pm

Stef,

I have about 20 repro Leia blasters and none look like that one. Mine all are like the ones shown here already.
Sucks there is yet another version!

Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!   imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 1:56 pm

Latest updates to imperialgunnery.com

- Repro Princess Leia blaster V3
- Original Snowtrooper V1 and V2 vinyl skirts (additional pics and info coming soon)
- additional pics for YPS Snowtrooper rifle

Thanks Stefan and Alex for pics and info Cool

Last edited by Artoo_Detour on Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!   imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 2:07 pm

Leia Bespin Capes ORIGINAL - (Jay - psybertech)

Dewback Reins ORIGINAL and REPRO - (Steve - Cantina_Patron)

Info updated for Leia ORIGINAL blue / black blaster - (Jay - psybertech)

ORIGINAL Skiff guard staff and vibro axe updates - (James - AussieJames / Marco - Dr Dengar)

Gammorrean Guard Axe ORIGINAL V1(a) - (Stefan - Walkie)

Big thanks to the contributors listed above for their pics and info  Cool

thanks too for the recent pics received from other contributors - these will be added soon.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!   imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 8:31 am

REPRO Luke Bespin Sabers V1, V2, V3 and V4 - thanks Alex (General Kahn)

Updated - REPRO box inserts marked as repro - thanks Darren (darren.orme) and Stef (Walkie)

REPRO Ben Kenobi Cape (eBay)
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!   imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 12:44 pm

Lightsabers section updated with pics for REPRO 2011 ReValveiT DT sabers - Ben, Vader and Luke.

Thanks Jay (psybertech).
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!   imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 5:55 am

* Updated pics and info for Single Action Figure Display Stands - thanks Andy (Nico)

* Linked Bib Fortuna Fake Burgundy Capes thread to front page.

* Linked articles on front page.

* Added more links for Toy Toni/Palitoy/General Mills discussion threads.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!   imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:57 pm

aussiejames wrote:
imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 Sdc12662
the fake Y-wing top gun floats vertically
imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 Sdc12663
once again it's a slightly lighter grey (on the left)

Thanks for that info I will have to double check the top gun I had to get just to be sure
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!   imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 4:11 am

Latest Updates

Updated info on Repro boxes and inserts for 12" line, and Vehicle boxes and inserts - http://www.imperialgunnery.com/vehiclesplaysetsother.htm

Part Two of Reproduction Figures - http://www.imperialgunnery.com/reproductionfigures.htm
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!   imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 6:58 am

Can someone please correct the comlink entry!

The TIG entry on comlinks is actually wrong. There is only two molds on those. The third one (called "nippled") is just a bad result of poor production. LL has no unique mold to those. Two Coo-families on CCP makes two different molds on comlinks possible. An LL actually comes as V2 (no EPM and bigger circles).

Thanks

Wolff
imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 GreyPilotBlastersWolff
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!   imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 2:27 am

Thanks for the info Wolff, updates coming soon.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!   imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 4:58 am

cheers   cheers   cheers 
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!   imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 9:14 am

Latest updates for imperialgunnery.com

http://www.imperialgunnery.com/

**Cloud Car Pilot Com links info
**Kea Moll Glasslite Imperial Blaster & Kenner Bespin blaster info  
**AT-AT Chin Guns info
**Imperial Troop Transporter Battery Covers info and photo
**Luke Bespin Sabers info

thank you Wolff, Marco, Stef, Jay, AJ, Steve and Alex.
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!   imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 4:23 pm

It would appear that there is a new modern/repro stand on the market, that does not have the tell tale ring around the peg  No 

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 <a href=imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 6466418396626944_zpsec81a7bc" />
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!   imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 5:24 pm

Although having originally chatted with the seller about these stands, explaining the differences, between new and vintage. At no point did he correct me, explaining to me, that there was the tell tale ring at the base.

But I have just checked his listing again, he must have originally used a stock photo, because now the pics have changed and you can now clearly see a ring present around the base of the peg and he has updated his listing to include pics of the stand packaging, and it is the well known modern brand 'Star Stands' that he is selling.

So i'm very happy to say that it looks like there is still an easy way to spot the modern/repro stands  cheers 

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 5913827434561536_zpsa767632b

perhaps I should have purchased some stands from him, to see first hand, before making the previous post. But i'm happy that it turned out to be incorrect info after all  Smile
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!   imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 am

Latest updates to Imperial Gunnery

**NEW V5 Endor Blaster added
**Princess Leia V1 Poncho Belts update
**Updates for Takara 'Japan' COO Stormtrooper Imperial Blasters

chris.75 wrote:
Although having originally chatted with the seller about these stands, explaining the differences, between new and vintage. At no point did he correct me, explaining to me, that there was the tell tale ring at the base.

But I have just checked his listing again, he must have originally used a stock photo, because now the pics have changed and you can now clearly see a ring present around the base of the peg and he has updated his listing to include pics of the stand packaging, and it is the well known modern brand 'Star Stands' that he is selling.

So i'm very happy to say that it looks like there is still an easy way to spot the modern/repro stands  cheers 

perhaps I should have purchased some stands from him, to see first hand, before making the previous post. But i'm happy that it turned out to be incorrect info after all  Smile

Good work and well spotted Chris. You're right, those repros he's selling are known to IG, luckily not new ones without a circle as his first photo suggested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!   imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

imperialgunnery.com - Track The Updates Here!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next