The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! ***

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** Empty
PostSubject: GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! ***   GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 3:41 am

EDIT: Here are the photos to the exhibit I took my two girls to in Wichita, Kansas. Right now it's on it's way to Orlando where it will be put away for good after seven years of traveling the globe. Smile

PHOTOS HERE: Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination!

I know some or man of you have seen the "Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination".

On Saturday my girls and parents drove to Stillwater to watch an 84-0 OSU wn (GO POKES!), but I knew this would be my last chance to see the traveling exhibit. Seven years going around the world, it ended up in little Wichita, Kansas for it's last appearance befoe it's boxed up and shipped to Orlando for good. (I am soooo tired from driving 10 hours the past two day)

So my girls and I drive up the extra 1 1/2 hours north, stayed the night. Got to the museum at 11:45 a.m. (opens at noon) and left at 5:30 (closes at 5).

We had SO MUCH FREAKING FUN! The movie used props were mind blowing. The full scale and small scale Falcon, Luke's X-Wing, an original landspeeder, the Blockade Runner and several other ships used in the movies. They had members of the 501st on hand for the kids, grown up kids Smile

Then there were the movie used outfits/costumes. Simply amazing, that's the only way I can explain it. They had a Yoda, Chewy along side Han Solo, two other 8-foot tall Wookies, Princess Leia's white outfit (from when she was captured), Pricness Padme's white outfit, Darth Vader, his helmet from Episode III, Mace's and Anakin's Jedi outfit (black for Anakin from Ep. III). R2D2 (costume, not the robot), C3PO, two medical droids, a stormstrooper, snowtrooper, battle droid and Droideka, Tuskin Raider (man and woman), Episdoe I, II, & II 3CPO, and vaious other doids. They also had blasters and light sabers.

I am soooo glad we went. The girls had so much fun, we couldn't stop taking photos..... I''m going to have to upload photos to a photo account or something. There are almost 200 and I guess making the album open to the public doesn't help. Odd.

There are a LOT of neat posters we saw at first, from around the world. The Koren, Russian and Japanese were the coolest/most interesting ones. Just a few examples from my album:

GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** 558186_4161766075798_15781521_n

GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** 3110

GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** 1910

GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** 10410

GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** 7110

(my oldest girl)
GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** 400384_4161938000096_1351433009_n

(ugly me with Darth!)
GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** 574678_4161938760115_383775010_n

(both my girls)
GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** 206133_4161939320129_211178656_n

Very Happy

Last edited by TishomingoSith on Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:24 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfaaf.net
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! ***   GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 4:29 am

Full scale Falcon? Big enough to walk into?? Shocked
Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! ***   GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 11:18 am

Wow! That looks awesome! That's really cool that your girls are into Star Wars as well
Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! ***   GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 12:24 pm

aussiejames wrote:
Full scale Falcon? Big enough to walk into?? Shocked

I mean, it was their full scale 'model' they used for the big shots. It was about 6 feet long. It's the one with all the crazy stickers (Champion Oil), F-4 Fathom RESCUE, Canopy warning, the Hwy 1 sign). AMAZING. I'll have pics up here at some point. They are great Smile
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! ***   GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 4:39 pm

Dude that must've been awesome. Look forward to more pics!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! ***   GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 4:58 pm

Looks like you and your Girls had a good day out well worth the extra drive. The last one I took my little one to was bad we could not stop laughing all the way round, but the one you went to looks like a well laid out exhibition
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! ***   GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 1:38 am

I'm going to have to add the pics to an online photo album, I made my facebook album public but it won't show for some reason (I logged out and clicked on the link, didn't work).

Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! ***   GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:25 pm

Okay, I added the photos to the top post! Hope you enjoy and please comment on them! Smile :cantina:
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! ***   GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 4:42 pm

Top notch exhibition, and looks like the girls really enjoyed it too. The scale models of the ships and vehicles look superb - as do the costumes. And wow to the artwork on some of those posters on the last page - superb! Thanks for sharing Cool

Love these !

GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** 79379210

GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** 79379211

Last edited by Artoo_Detour on Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! ***   GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 4:45 pm

GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** 7937817910_9f5abe9a37_z

I can't help myself..............................

"Isn't he a little short for a Stormtrooper?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! ***   GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 4:51 pm

DarthBerizing wrote:

I can't help myself..............................

"Isn't he a little short for a Stormtrooper?"

I think it was a she... Wink

And being 6'4, doesn't help anyone 'stature' standing next to me Smile
Back to top Go down
bootyhunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
bootyhunter

PostSubject: Re: GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! ***   GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 4:56 pm

That exhibition looks amazing!!
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! ***   GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 5:28 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Top notch exhibition, and looks like the girls really enjoyed it too. The scale models of the ships and vehicles look superb - as do the costumes. And wow to the artwork on some of those posters on the last page - superb! Thanks for sharing Cool

Love these !

GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** 79379210

GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** 79379211

We got there 30 minutes early (before it opened) so we spent that time looking at all the posters and they were all amazing. ALL original from US posters to overseas. The Asian posters were some of the most amazing ones. Russian poster had Darth Vader with fangs and a series of light sabers on top of his head. Just insane art all around and I can't imagine the value of the posters since they are all original.

Then the exhibit was mind-blowing really. Being just 1/4 of glass away from childhood dreams was really a treat. Seeing the Corvette, seeing the Falcon, Luke's X-Wing.... all used in the movies. So cool. Only thing that would have made it better if is they would have had saved some of the Death Star (the mini-model that was found in Missouri), Slave I or Luke's costumes (any of them).

All of the sabers were recent movie ones, all the old ones must either be with Lucas... museums or in private collectors hands (I know one that I saw, Vaders, on Comic Book Men last season). Then a lot of the large Death Star was broken up and thrown away, some saved and now Prop Store sells quite a bit of it (which I NEED!!!!) Smile
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! ***   GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:08 am

I remember seeing that exhibit when it was in COSI Columbus a few years ago, it was awesome! That's where my daughter fell in love with R2D2, she was about his size at the time, lol.
Back to top Go down
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

PostSubject: Re: GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! ***   GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:44 am

Lucky!! Looks like you all had a really great time Smile

How come none of that stuff ever comes to Denver??
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! ***   GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:31 pm

dcarty wrote:
Lucky!! Looks like you all had a really great time Smile

How come none of that stuff ever comes to Denver??

That's what I was saying before it came to someplace 'close' to where I live (within 4 hours). It was in Forth Worth once, but I didn't know about it back then. When I did, Wichita wasn't too far out of my range and especially after watching the Oklahoma State football home opener in Stillwater, we were just 1 1/2 hours away.

Here was their schedule:

Museum of Science, Boston, Massachusetts - October 27, 2005 - April 30, 2006
COSI Columbus, Columbus, Ohio - June 3, 2006 - September 4, 2006
Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, Portland, Oregon - October 11, 2006 - January 1, 2007
California Science Center, Los Angeles, California - February 11, 2007 - April 29, 2007
Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, Fort Worth, Texas - June 9, 2007 - September 3, 2007
Museum of Science and Industry (MSI), Chicago, Illinois - October 5, 2007 - January 6, 2008
Franklin Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - February 2008 through May 4, 2008
Science Museum of Minnesota, Saint Paul, Minnesota - June 13, 2008 - August 24, 2008
Powerhouse Museum, Sydney, Australia, - December 4, 2008 - April 26, 2009
Scienceworks, Melbourne, Australia, - June 4, 2009 - November 3, 2009
Anchorage Museum, Anchorage, Alaska Feb. 9, 2010 - April 25, 2010
U.S. Space & Rocket Center, Huntsville, Alabama - June 25, 2010 - September 6, 2010
Lafayette Science Museum, Lafayette, Louisiana - October 21, 2010 - January 17, 2011
Pacific Science Center, Seattle, Washington - March 19, 2011 - May 9, 2011
The Health Museum, Houston, Houston, TX - June 18, 2011 - September 18, 2011
Discovery Science Center, Santa Ana, California - November 18, 2011 - April 15, 2012
Exploration Place, Wichita, Wichita, KS - May 26 - September 3, 2012
Orlando Science Center, Orlando, FL - October 13, 2012 – March 17, 2013
Indiana State Museum, Indianapolis, IN - May 25 - September 2, 2013
Back to top Go down
darth alex
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! ***   GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:37 pm

That looked like so much fun! You said it was going to orlando do you know where and when?
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! ***   GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:28 pm

darth alex wrote:
That looked like so much fun! You said it was going to orlando do you know where and when?

Look ^^^^^^ Smile

I posted the seven year schedule, so here is Orlando! Orlando Science Center, Orlando, FL - October 13, 2012 – March 17, 2013

If you can go, DO-NOT-MISS-IT! If it's in a 5 hour driving distance, DO-NOT-MISS-IT!!!

I had planned on going earlier this summer with my girls, spending 4 days or so in Wichita (they have a great water park right outside the city, lots of neat museums thanks to their aviation and space history). But since we burned through our Daddy-Daughter money during Spring Break (I take my girls on a Daddy/Daughter trip EVERY year), I didn't think we would be able to make it... but again, with the timing of the OSU football game and it being the final weekend for the exhibit, SOOOOO happy we went.

It was like, "DADDY! LOOK AT THIS!" and a second later, "DAD! LOOK AT THIS!" while I was in awe of what I was seeing when I walked in the door.... the huge large model of the Falcon. I probably spent 70% of my time and 80% of my photos on that Falcon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! ***   GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! *** I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GREATEST DAY EVER (Star Wars-wise) IN YEARS!!!! *** PHOTOS ADDED!!!! ***

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1