The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Star Force!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

Star Force!! Empty
PostSubject: Star Force!!   Star Force!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 9:41 pm

While rummaging through boxes to find my old X-Wing I found this treat from Christmas of 1978:

Star Force!! Starforce_01Star Force!! Starforce_02

Missing the knob on the battery compartment but oddly enough it still works! In the absence of an official Star Wars X-Wing helmet this did the trick Smile My brother had the black helmet from the set (about halfway down the page):

http://www.plaidstallions.com/sf/sf.html

Just add a ray-gun for hours and hours of walkie-talkie space helmet fun!! I remember seeing the purple "Gor" helmet in the Sears catalog and lusting after it because the design was so obviously stolen from the Cylons. I wanted to get that helmet and paint it silver!!

Cheers,

Dave
Back to top Go down
salad
New User
New User

Star Force!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Force!!   Star Force!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 9:39 am

I know this is an old board, but I'm a vintage toy collector who found the Spaceman Gor helmet about a week ago in a local thrift store, with box, packaging, and original instructions! The helmet itself is missing the chin strap and battery cover, but is otherwise in lovely condition. Still works too!

I was trying to find out more about it (I figured it was a Star Wars knockoff of some sort) and found this board. Nice to see the other ones! Does anyone know how much these things might be worth? I like robots and I'd sorta like one of the radios in my collection, but I can't find one for sale anywhere.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Star Force!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Force!!   Star Force!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 9:52 am

welcome 
Gor helmet like in the plaidstallions link?
Star Force!! Sf3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RETRO-1979-Vtg-GOR-ROBOT-HELMET-Space-age-70S-in-Kingsford-Star-Force-cat-etc-/251320238717?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a83da827d&nma=true&si=fPc89wXJokIE5syIU09Pgxz%252BFwE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Back to top Go down
Dutchskywalker
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Dutchskywalker

Star Force!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Force!!   Star Force!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 6:38 pm

Awesome!

This line even made it into the Netherlands, I have had the black Space Hawk ship and played hours with it.
Remember the quality was not that good, the stickers peeled of quickly and the cannopy broke of.

Star Force!! Sf2
Back to top Go down
salad
New User
New User

Star Force!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Force!!   Star Force!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 3:26 pm

AussieJames: Oh, cool, they made it in black too?! Mine is purple like the ads.

Dutchskywalker: It's odd that the spaceship broke so easily since the plastic quality on the helmet seems OK... it probably wouldn't stand up to being tossed about too much. Maybe was the quality worse in the Netherlands? The stickers seem nice, and there's even foam on the inside so that your head doesn't bash against the plastic. (I'm an adult and it fits my head pretty well... guess it really is one size fits all!) The lens is a lot less see-through than it looks from the e-bay pictures.

As for the "space voice," the microphone makes your voice sound like you're talking through a fan. Not really high tech, but certainly would have the desired "robot" effect a kid was looking for. Overall a solid toy, especially for a knockoff!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Star Force!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Force!!   Star Force!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Force!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1