The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help putting a value on these 20back figures and one 21back figure

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jaybird
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Jaybird

Help putting a  value on these 20back figures and one 21back figure Empty
PostSubject: Help putting a value on these 20back figures and one 21back figure   Help putting a  value on these 20back figures and one 21back figure I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 9:06 pm

Hey gang.

I found a local man selling what he called 6, 20 BACK figures in original UNPUNCHED PACKAGE. He wanted 1800 for the lot of figures. I did notice that the Luke was a 21back and not a 20. At least that what I think it is with the order of pictures. I just wanted to get your opinion on what each figure would be worth. I was thinking about seeing if he would sell me the Luke, Obi-wan, and maybe a Han. The Han looks to be in OK shape. The seller did say that he had 2 Han Solo's and 2 Death squad Commanders but only sent pictures of one of them each. I just saw pictures so I would want to meet him and see the actual figures before I made a offer. So what do you think? What would be a good offer.

Thanks Smile

Help putting a  value on these 20back figures and one 21back figure 5N65I45E63E23Lb3I3c7ee980dfc8aa2e19fa

Help putting a  value on these 20back figures and one 21back figure 5L25E65M13I53J53Nac7e1e4d3550d9581a1c

Help putting a  value on these 20back figures and one 21back figure 5L85N75R33I53L93N1c7e59487b672b251e49

Help putting a  value on these 20back figures and one 21back figure 5Nc5H85J23Kb3J93ofc7ea321efc365471f91

Help putting a  value on these 20back figures and one 21back figure 5Lc5Ka5F13Kd3J13H5c7ec2eb4d213e931b69

Help putting a  value on these 20back figures and one 21back figure 5K15H15J73E53Fc3I7c7e96aa61ec675f1f34

Help putting a  value on these 20back figures and one 21back figure 5Ne5G45M73F63J73H6c7e5f4f2b05bc5f14c9

Help putting a  value on these 20back figures and one 21back figure 5N65L95G23kf3Kb3M2c7ebf639a8f09d81b86
Back to top Go down
Dax
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Dax

PostSubject: Re: Help putting a value on these 20back figures and one 21back figure   Help putting a  value on these 20back figures and one 21back figure I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 3:25 am

Well first things first, the Boba Fett offer is a printed logo not a sticker so it will have a corresponding printed offer on the back of the card. This means the Obi-Wan Kenobi will be your 21 back figure and the others will be 20 backs.

Next issue is the condition of the packaging and it's not easy to make out from the photos but there are some areas that are a cause for concern. All the figures appear to have suffered from water/damp damage and both the Luke and Han have visible mould and it may be present on the Death Squad Commander and Obi Wan but it's difficult to tell. There's a variety of card warping, significant scratches and print loss to the cards, bubble dents to at least the DSC and Luke and possibly the other two as well.

The Obi Wan is looking like the nicest of the lot and depending on whether he has mould on the card or not might be worth picking up. As for the others, if they have mould on them I wouldn't want them anywhere near my collection! As for value check ebay for completed auctions but personally if the Obi Wan has a slight bend in the card but no mould, no bubble dents, no creasing in the card, then I'd probably look at around $200-$250 for it.

With the others if there is mould inside the bubble I wouldn't pay more than $50 tops for them because if it hasn't already happened that mould is going to stain the cardback and probably the figure and there's not much you'll be able to do about it. You may be able to salvage them and kill the mould without damaging the card and figure but there's a big risk involved. If the seller tells you it's simple and easy to do then you have to ask yourself "why didn't he do it already"? There's a lot of other nice carded figures available out there so don't waste time on the lost causes.

$1800 for 6 figures works out at $300 a pop. Again, check the completed auctions on ebay and see what $300 will get you as far as carded figures goes. Certainly much nicer condition that these.
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: Help putting a value on these 20back figures and one 21back figure   Help putting a  value on these 20back figures and one 21back figure I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 3:33 am

The ben kenobi is the 21 back not the luke.
Also the Han and DSC in the pic togheter are the same ones as pictured separate, so he is showing you four different figures and different backs.
You'll need to see them in person, but for example Han does not look mint to me.

I think 1800 is to high, i would 1000 of 1200 depending on condition.
Back to top Go down
Jaybird
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Jaybird

PostSubject: Re: Help putting a value on these 20back figures and one 21back figure   Help putting a  value on these 20back figures and one 21back figure I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 5:00 pm

Thanks guys. This is an area which I know only the basics about. I currently do not own any 12 or 20 back figures and thought that maybe I could get them cheap. I think this guy have been trying to sell them for awhile. Trust me I had no intention of paying the 1800 for the lot. I figured I could sneak in at a low number(I was thinking 200 a piece). But that was before you guys brought up the mold. And let me commend you on seeing that because I didn't see it. All I saw was what looked to be dirt around the bubble of Han.

So just because this is the first time that I have come across mold on a figure can you please help me with it. Now that I look closer I do notice what looks to be black spots on the Luke at the bottom, also the obvious brown stains on the side of Han and what looks to be a little spots on the Obi-wan and DSC. Is that what might be the Mold and if so what would be the easiest way to tell when I see the figures in person? Could you just wipe it off or will it just keep coming beck? I only ask because like I said before I have never ran into this problem before.

Thanks for all you help, you Have saved me from making a bad investment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help putting a value on these 20back figures and one 21back figure   Help putting a  value on these 20back figures and one 21back figure I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help putting a value on these 20back figures and one 21back figure

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1