The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... Empty
PostSubject: Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......   Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:54 pm

Yes the title says it all, what Kenner figures that don't seem to get to much kudos and love for do your have a soft spot for, whether you like the way they display, you like there more unusual colours that add a depth to your display, you have fond childhood memories from, whether they stand out from the pack for you, or for what ever reason you like them. I didn't want to do a thread thats been done to death, so im going to try to in the future come up with a few threads that may have not been done too many times......

here are a few of mine that i dont see too much love and kudos for......

Sy Snootles, i love the blue dots on the yellow, and the all round originality of this figure.

Max Rebo, another member of the band, just love the oversize blue guy and his organ, he adds a nice dimension to a display.

Imperial Dignitary, i like the rich purple, love the hat n robes

Logray, always loved this ewok since childhood, love the colours and stripes, face, head dress and staff.

A wing pilot, once again love the aqua colour, a few in a display looks great, n love the WW1 fighter pilot look.

4 lom, an all time fav, i like everything about him

Prune Face, i just love the prune, the eye patch the green pants, old Prune is under rated. pirat

Amanaman, just a top figure all round and imo one of the best sculpts ever, i do think this guy gets kudos for that out there.

Emperors royal guard, just looks great n simple in the all red, top figure to have multiple of to display.

Barada, just a great figure all round

Ugnaught, one of my all time favs, love the little guy.

So there you go, some of my favs that dont get alot of love n kudos, im really looking forward to hearing about some of the under rated figures that you really like, and why, thanks for reading the thread, cheers guys.... :cantina:
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......   Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:37 pm

Its got be PD and R5 for me! I love their Cardback Photos and just love the look of em Cool
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......   Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:12 pm

One Of My favorites is weequay a real pegwarmer at stores in The 80's but he is really good sculpt and do a very cool pose with his vibroaxe
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......   Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:28 pm

Zuckuss and 4 LOM: Loved them for a very long time. Great characters and cool Bounty Hunters.

Tusken Raider aka Sand People: My second favorite characters in the movies.

Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Gear): A very underrated figure and great sculpt.
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......   Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 4:29 am

yeah-sus wrote:
One Of My favorites is weequay a real pegwarmer at stores in The 80's but he is really good sculpt and do a very cool pose with his vibroaxe

yep, old weequay doesnt get much love at all, n he is a great figure, i loved him as a kid n still love him, i allways thought he looked real mean when i was a kid, i always had him as bib fortunas right hand man back then, talkin of Fortuna, he is another top figure, one of the best sculpts ever imo. cheers
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......   Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 4:33 am

Ewoks Smile All of them. Most people hate them tongue
Back to top Go down
Grant
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Grant

PostSubject: Re: Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......   Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 11:16 am

Anakin Skywalker seems to get no love but I like the 3 3/4" action figure. alien
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......   Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 11:42 am

aussiejames wrote:

Most people are right tongue

General Madine. He was an awesome figure!! Oh the fun I had with him. We'd point his staff at the BWing Pilot and then point his staff at Admiral Ackbar. Then I sat him down and he filled out paperwork for the alliance. Good times....
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......   Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:12 pm

aussiejames wrote:

Love the furballs, they're also a big hit with the girls! lol!
Back to top Go down
MasterTyvokka
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MasterTyvokka

PostSubject: Re: Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......   Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:51 pm

I would have to agree on the Ewoks. I also like Ackbar and 2-1B.
Back to top Go down
bootyhunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
bootyhunter

PostSubject: Re: Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......   Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 5:52 pm

Barada and Squidhead for me
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......   Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 6:41 pm

Grant wrote:
Anakin Skywalker seems to get no love but I like the 3 3/4" action figure. alien

GTFOOT Shocked Anakin? lol! Seriously one of the worst figures ever made...in the history of making worst figures. That guy is gawd damn awful. You may as well of just handed your kid a piece of wood if you were thinking about giving him as a pressie back in the day. Razz
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......   Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 7:09 pm

Well, they did use him to build a fire at the end of the movie. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......   Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 7:10 pm

lol! My point exactly.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......   Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 7:13 pm

Josh wrote:
Grant wrote:

GTFOOT Shocked Anakin? lol! Seriously one of the worst figures ever made...in the history of making worst figures. That guy is gawd damn awful. You may as well of just handed your kid a piece of wood if you were thinking about giving him as a pressie back in the day. Razz

Josh - You're forgetting his accessories. That alone made him awesome. I hate to link to RS but read the description:

http://www.rebelscum.com/VINtAnakin.asp
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......   Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 7:21 pm

Who the fuck wrote that? Razz Classic.
Back to top Go down
MasterTyvokka
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MasterTyvokka

PostSubject: Re: Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......   Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 8:28 pm

lol! That description is great.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......   Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:21 am

aussiejames wrote:

I love me some Ewoks, too. Especially Teebo. He's a total badass with his skull cap and spear and shit. If I was another Ewok, I'd be like, "Daaaaaaamn! Check out that badass with his skull cap and black stripes. He be a bad mutha...shut yo' mouth. Nyub nyub."
Back to top Go down
Grant
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Grant

PostSubject: Re: Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......   Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 12:54 pm

DarthBerizing wrote:
Josh wrote:
Grant wrote:

Josh - You're forgetting his accessories. That alone made him awesome. I hate to link to RS but read the description:

http://www.rebelscum.com/VINtAnakin.asp

Some one had to say Anakin FFS. Trust it to be me. Seriously tho I was also going to say the Emperor too. Laughing
Back to top Go down
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

PostSubject: Re: Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......   Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:22 pm

Death Squad Commander! I once saw him referred to as "the action figure nobody wanted" but, hey, someone had to be in charge of all those Stormtroopers. At least he did until ESB came along and they finally made the Imperial Commander figure.
Back to top Go down
Sandcrawler72
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Sandcrawler72

PostSubject: Re: Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......   Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 2:16 pm

I have to put in the Power Droid in here. Com'on guys, you know you love the clicking legs. One of the better kid play value figures out there. A walking square robot that powers up electrical devices... It's a girl's best friend I tell you.
Gonk Gonk Gonk lol!

I also like the Death Star Droid figure . It has that bad ass chrome silver and black paint job.... so much better than C3PO gold. I also like the art work with the red and black card but that's another topic all together.

Back to top Go down
Boomstick66
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Boomstick66

PostSubject: Re: Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......   Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 3:06 pm

I agree, the ewoks are great even the cartoon line has its place. I'm really surprised figures weren't made from the two ewok movies.

The figure I love and think would need the most counseling and is the red headed step child of the collection, Snaggletooth (red)
Everyone loves and wants his brother. He's taller, blue and has shinny silver boots.
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......   Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 11:41 am

How bad is 2-1B the medic droid, now thats a crap figure, crap head, infact imo the worst head sculpt of all, i have no love for this guy at all, infact i dont think he suits the kenner line at all, imo the worst kenner figure by far.....
Back to top Go down
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

PostSubject: Re: Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......   Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 11:52 am

I always thought ReeYees was cool. I think it's the big pair of mitts he's got!

Does the Snowtrooper count? I liked it better than the stormtrooper and biker scout.

I'd say the Ewoks too but it seems everyone has a secret Ewok fetish.
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......   Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:08 pm

KevinA wrote:
I always thought ReeYees was cool. I think it's the big pair of mitts he's got!

Does the Snowtrooper count? I liked it better than the stormtrooper and biker scout.

I'd say the Ewoks too but it seems everyone has a secret Ewok fetish.

Kev, mate im with you on ReesYees, drinking i think he is cool with his big mitts aswell, infact he is always waiving in my collection so i can see his big mitts, and i love his 3 eyed cows head aswell, lol cheers mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......   Figures that don't get much love, that you love....... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Figures that don't get much love, that you love.......

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next