The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

First Post, A warm hello to the community....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

First Post, A warm hello to the community.... Empty
PostSubject: First Post, A warm hello to the community....   First Post, A warm hello to the community.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:04 pm

Hi fellow Kenner lovers, My names Tone, and i have finally decided to join this place, ( long time overdue ).

Im from sydney Australia, been a lover of Kenner vintage since my childhood over 30 years ago..
I dont know what it is about these little starwars figures n toys but like alot of you guys they just hit the spirit and memory of my childhood.
I never get sick of them, they are like modern art to me, and i would rather buy them than a painting or other art any day.
I can still remember playing with them in my back yard as a kid, lol, thats where most of them still lay, buried under dirt ,melted broken,lost, and shot with lead pellets from my dads slug gun,gee i used to give them a hard time...
So over the years as a kid i lost most of the few that i had, but about 10 years ago, i found my old trusty chewie, n he started the ball rollin again, since then ive collected every figure plus about 60 variations loose, even tracked down a blue snag n yak, which i never thought i would own, and wow, these figures have a real warmth to them for me, they bring the memories of that special time as a kid back, and i see them as a real special part of American and to a lesser degree Aussie toy culture...

Im not somebody that lives and breaths starwars, im a lure fisherman, spearfisho, a DH bike rider, love renovating homes and landscaping, but in my lounge room my Kenner figures take pride of place in a nice glass cabinet, infact im running out of space, i have about 250 loose figures and they are taking over the house, lol, i dont know where the hell you guys that collect carded figures fit all yours, but im staying away from the carded in fear of me getting addicted to the cards aswell.

anyway im looking forward to being a part of the community here, putting my 2 cents worth in the forums and buying a few things out of the classifieds, im really dribbling on here arnt i, but i just wanted to say a big gday and looking forward to talking to you fellow kenner lovers out there, cheers n thanks for reading......

p.s, would love to here from any other sydney collectors on here, cheers
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: First Post, A warm hello to the community....   First Post, A warm hello to the community.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:36 pm

Welcome to TIG Tone welcome Hope you enjoy our little corner of the SW collecting world cheers
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: First Post, A warm hello to the community....   First Post, A warm hello to the community.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:45 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Welcome to TIG Tone welcome Hope you enjoy our little corner of the SW collecting world cheers

Thanks mate, its nice of you to welcome me brother, looking forward to some shennanigans and good chats on here, its nice to finally be a member of this exclusive club pirat , cheers n thanks
Back to top Go down
lee gray
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: First Post, A warm hello to the community....   First Post, A warm hello to the community.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:23 pm

Hello Tone.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: First Post, A warm hello to the community....   First Post, A warm hello to the community.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:27 pm

Welcome Tone! It's great to have you aboard. Put on your seatbelt you're in for a wild ride! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: First Post, A warm hello to the community....   First Post, A warm hello to the community.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:06 pm

Welcome Tone. As Chris said this is a wild ride here. Hope the insurance is paid up. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Bluestars
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bluestars

PostSubject: Re: First Post, A warm hello to the community....   First Post, A warm hello to the community.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:41 pm

welcome mate. nice to have an aussie on board. cheers, mike
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: First Post, A warm hello to the community....   First Post, A warm hello to the community.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:42 pm

Welcome Tone.
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: First Post, A warm hello to the community....   First Post, A warm hello to the community.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:56 pm

Welcome to tig tone, i think you gonna like it here
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: First Post, A warm hello to the community....   First Post, A warm hello to the community.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 4:09 pm

Welcome to TIG Tone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: First Post, A warm hello to the community....   First Post, A warm hello to the community.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 4:23 pm

Welcome to TIG. Hope you enjoy your stay! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: First Post, A warm hello to the community....   First Post, A warm hello to the community.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:21 pm

Welcome aboard, Tone. welcome

Have fun and enjoy your stay here! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
A_new_hope
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
A_new_hope

PostSubject: Re: First Post, A warm hello to the community....   First Post, A warm hello to the community.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:36 pm

Ill throw in a welcome aswell!!
Back to top Go down
greedo_porter
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: First Post, A warm hello to the community....   First Post, A warm hello to the community.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 12:22 am

What a coincidence, i just joined today, im from Sydney and we both have greedo in our user names Razz
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: First Post, A warm hello to the community....   First Post, A warm hello to the community.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 1:21 am

Welcome Tone.
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: First Post, A warm hello to the community....   First Post, A warm hello to the community.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 2:31 am

Welcome Tone. Good to have you onboard m8. I'm up in Coffs, but get down to Sydney pretty regularly.
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: First Post, A warm hello to the community....   First Post, A warm hello to the community.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 5:41 am

TO EVERYBODY THATS GIVEN ME A WELCOME :clap: cheers bounce THANKS GUYS
aaaaaaaaahhhh its nice to be welcome haha
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: First Post, A warm hello to the community....   First Post, A warm hello to the community.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 5:45 am

Tank1252 wrote:
Welcome Tone. Good to have you onboard m8. I'm up in Coffs, but get down to Sydney pretty regularly.

hey brother, thanks for the welcome mate, when ever you leave gods country up there in coffs n come down to sydney, give us a yell mate, be great to meet you, im in the heart of the city, so if you come in to town ,lunch might be in order, cheers
Back to top Go down
Christian
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Christian

PostSubject: Re: First Post, A warm hello to the community....   First Post, A warm hello to the community.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 6:52 am

Welcome Tone.

However, be warned MOC figures will get you in the end.... start converting that basement now!

Cheers,
Christian
Back to top Go down
http://www.gwacrylic.co.uk
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: First Post, A warm hello to the community....   First Post, A warm hello to the community.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 9:42 am

Christian wrote:
Welcome Tone.

However, be warned MOC figures will get you in the end.... start converting that basement now!

Cheers,
Christian

LOL, Christian, i think your right mate, i have to admit, im already thinking of doing the cheap ROTJ run on cards, but i think im going to see Joe first, and have a dabble into the world of bootlegs, and i will keep collecting loose variants for sure, i love oddball variants, im going to put a Bib Fortuna focus together, n hot on my list is a ledy red burgundy cape n as many diff caped variants i can find....i have the full run loose of standard kenners, all i need is an upgrade of the poor quality POTF pop up r2d2 i have n i will be looking for that on here, and i still need an upgraded orange n brown haired luke farmboy, but all in good time, cheers mate
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: First Post, A warm hello to the community....   First Post, A warm hello to the community.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 9:48 am

lol! Yup...you're screwed.

Welcome aboard, Tone.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Post, A warm hello to the community....   First Post, A warm hello to the community.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Post, A warm hello to the community....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1