The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Beware of Using UPS to ship items to Canada!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

Beware of Using UPS to ship items to Canada!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Beware of Using UPS to ship items to Canada!!!    Beware of Using UPS to ship items to Canada!!!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:23 pm

Bought a dewback on Ebay for 45$ and paid 24$ shipping and here is the rip off part. UPS is basically charging me again for the shipping with all their brokerage scam!

here is a reply from them:

Thank you for your reply.

A Brokerage fee is charged to process your shipment and present your paperwork to customs on your behalf. All courier shipments with a value exceeding $20 CAD require customs clearance by a broker. The customs clearance procedure requires the broker to perform, on behalf of the importer, a number of tasks. Tasks include, but are not limited to, auditing import documentation, classification of the commodity being imported, and preparation and transmission of accounting information to Canada Customs. The UPS Customs Brokerage published rate schedule is competitive with industry standards.

You may find our rates for customs clearance into Canada at:
http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html.

When accessing the link for Rates for Customs Clearance into Canada, please review the complete fee schedule provided. Please note: Entry Preparation Charges, Disbursement Fees and Additional Services may apply to your shipment.

The shipper recorded the value of your shipment at $44.08 CAD. Here is a breakdown of the charges.

HST: $5.73
COD: $4.25
HST on the COD: $0.55
Entry Prep: $19.45
Brokerage HST: $3.31
Bond fee: $6.00

Total: $39.29

Please pass this along to everyone you know as this is a bleeding rip off since we all know that all they do is throw the box from truck to truck until it gets to its destination.

Yes i did look like my avatar when i saw that email from UPS!!!
Back to top Go down
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

PostSubject: Re: Beware of Using UPS to ship items to Canada!!!    Beware of Using UPS to ship items to Canada!!!  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 11:44 am

Ya, they got me once before. Be careful if you order anything through Brian's Toys- they use UPS.
I won't do a deal internationally if someone says they are going to use UPS. You end up paying more than the items worth for shipping.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Beware of Using UPS to ship items to Canada!!!    Beware of Using UPS to ship items to Canada!!!  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 6:23 pm

I never used UPS sending anything to Canada when I was selling. And I had a huge box full of stuff go up one time. $30 for shipping or somewhere in that area. But the customs form was low value also so that helped out the buyer.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Beware of Using UPS to ship items to Canada!!!    Beware of Using UPS to ship items to Canada!!!  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 11:08 pm

I will have it sent to family in seattle then they can ship it to me it gets around the custom issues they can mark it as a gift it works for expensive things, I also hate using UPS anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beware of Using UPS to ship items to Canada!!!    Beware of Using UPS to ship items to Canada!!!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beware of Using UPS to ship items to Canada!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1