The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Semi-OT: Traveling Hoth Rebel Soldier figure

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tommy_Garvey
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Tommy_Garvey

Semi-OT: Traveling Hoth Rebel Soldier figure Empty
PostSubject: Semi-OT: Traveling Hoth Rebel Soldier figure   Semi-OT: Traveling Hoth Rebel Soldier figure I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:11 pm

Okay, long story short, for the past few years I've been taking a Hoth Rebel Soldier figure around with me everywhere interesting I go. Why that particular figure? Because Broc Walker gave it to me after C3, and he had been taking its picture in front of things, so I decided to continue the idea.

What makes this figure slightly different than other "traveling" Star Wars objects around the internet is that he always stays with me, and that he's been a LOT of strange places. In the past three years, among other things, he's been in two countries, 11 states, 11 National Parks, Disneyland, Disney World, Las Vegas, San Francisco, driven down Route 66, visited Alcatraz Prison, the Statue of Liberty, to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, had his picture taken in front of the world's largest living thing, been in the Atlantic, the Pacific, the Colorado River, the Gulf of Mexico, the filming locations of High Noon and Iron Man 2, the actual site of the sinking of the Titanic, the world's largest thermometer, the world's oldest McDonalds, and had his picture taken with George Lucas himself. All in all, not to shabby for one small plastic toy.

Traveling Hoth Soldier

Tommy
(Btw, if this should be in the "Blogs" section, my apologies. I've never really considered it a "blog" exactly since it's just pictures, but if the Mods here feel it belongs in the Blog section, please move it, or just LMK and I'll post it there instead.)
Back to top Go down
http://theswca.com/hobbyarchive/index.html
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: Semi-OT: Traveling Hoth Rebel Soldier figure   Semi-OT: Traveling Hoth Rebel Soldier figure I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:37 am

This is great Tommy! Lol, I definitely enjoyed checking out the FB page...more please! A great start to the day!
Pat
Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Semi-OT: Traveling Hoth Rebel Soldier figure   Semi-OT: Traveling Hoth Rebel Soldier figure I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:44 am

I've got to agree Tommy. I love seeing the updates on FB! Keep them coming! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Semi-OT: Traveling Hoth Rebel Soldier figure   Semi-OT: Traveling Hoth Rebel Soldier figure I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:29 pm

Tommy that's great. These are always fun.

Dennis is trying to start up a Imperialgunner traveler, so hopefully we'll have some fun ourselves.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Michael Ritter
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Michael Ritter

PostSubject: Re: Semi-OT: Traveling Hoth Rebel Soldier figure   Semi-OT: Traveling Hoth Rebel Soldier figure I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:13 pm

I would have brought a fishing reel and sinker with me on the Titanic cruise and sent the little guy over the side. Would have only been a few hundred feet down but he would have been even closer to the wreck than any other HRS. Razz

I've liked the updates on FB too Tommy so keep them coming!

Mike
Back to top Go down
Tommy_Garvey
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Tommy_Garvey

PostSubject: Re: Semi-OT: Traveling Hoth Rebel Soldier figure   Semi-OT: Traveling Hoth Rebel Soldier figure I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 5:34 pm

You can add the Oregon Trail and Yellowstone to his list of travels. This week, he'll be visiting some more geysers, and posting some more video, which is a first for him.

His recent travels

Tommy
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Semi-OT: Traveling Hoth Rebel Soldier figure   Semi-OT: Traveling Hoth Rebel Soldier figure I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 6:33 pm

Lol I had fun watching the pics Smile great idea!
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Tommy_Garvey
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Tommy_Garvey

PostSubject: Re: Semi-OT: Traveling Hoth Rebel Soldier figure   Semi-OT: Traveling Hoth Rebel Soldier figure I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 2:15 pm

Who doesn't love National Lampoon's Vacation? Smile
C3 Hoth Soldier "Holiday Road" video

Tommy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Semi-OT: Traveling Hoth Rebel Soldier figure   Semi-OT: Traveling Hoth Rebel Soldier figure I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Semi-OT: Traveling Hoth Rebel Soldier figure

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1