The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The modern bootleg thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 10:45 pm

emperorburns wrote:

awsome 2 packs :Drool: do you have multiple of these spare for sale?

daren

Daren, they are all up fo grabs Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 1:55 pm

Since Daren responded first I'll let him take first dibs, I'll take whatever is left though Crealkilla....
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 3:06 pm

rebojazz wrote:
Since Daren responded first I'll let him take first dibs, I'll take whatever is left though Crealkilla....

thanks steven :clap: but this doesn't mean i owe you a mini jabba lol!

daren
Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 10:24 pm

Here's the loose AOTC bootleg Jango Fett with its jetpack and blaster.

The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 Aotcbootleg5
Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 10:27 pm

emperorburns wrote:
rebojazz wrote:

daren

Don't worry guys. Will hunt down more of this suckers at my area and update you guys pirat
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 1:51 pm

emperorburns wrote:
rebojazz wrote:

daren

Well that certainly sucks! lol!
Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: POTF2 Fett bootleg   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Just received this today from a friend of mine. A good condition I must say.
Got couple of this version but no harm having an extra to my Fett bootleg collection Very Happy

POTF2 OC Boba Fett with Luke Dagobah pic.

For the front it comes with a unpunched peg hole and Chinese lettering on top of SW logo.
This also comes with Han Solo blaster and a jet pack both in black.
And for the back Luke Dagobah pic with a Spanish distribution/warning sticker on the bottom left.

The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 Potfspanish1
The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 Potfspanish2
Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 12:04 am

Discovered this today while doing some clean up.

Galaxy Empire Boba Fett card variation. Gun on card to right of figure, no barcode on card.
With extra bonus, unpainted left knee pad. Guess it's a factory error pirat

The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 Galaxy1
The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 Galaxy2

I'm still hunting for few more of this bootleg variation.

- Gun in bubble with figure, no barcode on card
- Gun in bubble with figure, barcode on bottom right
- Gun in bubble with figure, barcode on top left
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 2:22 pm

If there is one line of bootlegs that I have spent as much time collecting and researching than the Mexican/SA's it's the POTF2 line of 3 3/4" figures. Unfortunately, I haven't had the luck with finding information on the companies and factories which made them other than there were multiple companies and a couple of them got raided and shut down but I have been finding many variants that were released of the same character and cards. After receiving one of these variants today in the mail I figured I'd show you an example.

The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 Picture

The above pic is of some Obi-Wan bootleg figures on Luke Jedi cards. Same character, same "type" of card. However, there are differences in all four.

Top left: most common, common figure and basic Luke Jedi card.
Top right: exact same figure and card, however, there is an item number printed on the bottom right (no. 96112), sorry but the picture doesn't do it justice very much.
Bottom left: exact same figure, same card, however it's on a "Space Star" card and the font size of "Power of the Force" is different size, same with the wording below the pic of Luke on the left.
Bottom right: The card is the exact same as the two on top, but the Obi Wan figure is not only a different color but also a different sculpt, not to mention different light saber.

There are differences like these on almost every character, every style card. I've been logging all this information and I plan on shedding some light of these early 2013 as I'm still waiting on some information from a couple sources.

Comments are always appreciated about these strongly overlooked line of bootlegs and , of course, I'm always looking for more Wink
Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 3:22 pm

Nice Obi-Wan bootleg figures variant Steven...love the Space Star version. How's the back look like. Any pics for it.
Also any luck of finding that version for Fett or the rest of the other figures. Do update me if you find what I want Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 5:03 pm

awsome variants of santa claus in dressing gown fatiuges lol! no seriously i never knew there were so many variants of these modern 3 3/4 figures :Drool: i have a senator palpatine on the same card with differant colour staffs and another one with a darker gown.but i haven't seen these variants before.thanks for sharing and keep em coming :clap:

daren
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 7:36 pm

As far as the Space Star card, this Obi Wan is the only one I've seen. If I had to guess there is no Fett since he is not found on any Luke Jedi card but you never know.

Daren-- thanks for the kudos, there are actually a lot of minor to major differences, just takes a long time to find them. The more variants I find the more confusing I get :scratch: .
Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 9:53 pm

Steven think you need this Obi-Wan with silver light saber for your variation.

The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 Benlukebootlegs

You guys can check out this seller over at POTF2 forum. He got bunch of POTF2 bootlegs for sale.
The only thing that caught my eye is a bootleg POTF2 Tie Fighter Pilot on C-3PO card. Which look very neat.

Click here.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:38 pm

Thank you so much for the heads up! I just contacted him regarding a couple of his items including this Kenobi and the Tie Pilot, I have all the rest, lol. Much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 12:25 am

rebojazz wrote:
Thank you so much for the heads up! I just contacted him regarding a couple of his items including this Kenobi and the Tie Pilot, I have all the rest, lol. Much appreciated!

Awesome...glad to assist you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 5:51 am

The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 21b13cg

Spotted this GC POTF2 version which the figure is much bigger size than a normal SW figure.
There's Boba Fett version too which I'm still hunting.
This guy got Death Star Gunner, Luke Stormtrooper disguise, Sandtrooper, Hoth Trooper bearded & Han Solo Hoth.
Among the lot the Death Star Gunner looks awesome.

You guys can check out this seller over at RS forum. Just to let you guys know the Death Star Gunner & Sandtrooper are already sold.

Click here.
Back to top Go down
Darth Jaxx
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Darth Jaxx

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 4:49 pm

I follow this modern topic all the time, so figured I'd finally chime in.

rebojazz wrote:
As far as the Space Star card, this Obi Wan is the only one I've seen. If I had to guess there is no Fett since he is not found on any Luke Jedi card but you never know.

I have a Vader on that Space Star card.

The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 DSC04958 The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 DSC04961
Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 5:04 pm

Nice Vader Space Star card Darth Jaxx Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Sweet Vader, Jaxx! Another one for me to hunt down.

I've seen the larger figures on the green cards, I have a Yoda. There are also larger versions of some of the Episode 1 figures as well. Some other ones I'm looking for are POTF2 figures on Episode 1 cards, these are pretty hard to find, too.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:07 am

I hate when people try to sell my shit behind my back!!

I was a little slow on this one cause I took this picture several years ago but this douchbag was trying to sell a set of "Star Warrior" bootlegs using a picture of my collection. Probably from my photobucket, limelight or somewhere on the internet. Fortunately, no one bid on it which is a good thing cause I couldn't tell you if he really has these figures or not. IF he does then he needs to take his own damn photo.

If I see this auction up again I'll let you guys know. This one ended on Sept. 30. If you do see it again, do NOT bid on it cause my collection is permanently locked up.

Star Warrior auction with stolen pic

This is the pic from my photobucket, look familiar?

The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 UpdatePOTF2bootsandmold004
Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:54 am

It sucks to see people used other people's photo for thier own usage. Luckily no one bid for it. Will definitely be on a look out and update you if I see the same picture surface on the internet again.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Thanks Crealkilla. I did write to the seller to find out whats up with using my pic but haven't heard back yet. I probably won't report anything to Ebay unless he puts up the auction again.
Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:43 pm

Yup, just wait for the seller reply. If its up again on auction than you to take action against that douchbag.

Side note...that's a sweet set of Star Warrio you got there Cool
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 5:10 pm

Just an upadate, I have been in contact with the seller of the "Star Warrior" auction and everything is taken care of. I'll take back the premature douchbag comment, lol.
Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 6:25 am

Just want to share my POTF2 Boba Fett figure & card variations.
I guess there's more variations out there. The hunt continues.

The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 Potfchina1
POTF2 OC Boba Fett with Luke Grappling Hook pic.
Back with Han Solo pic and pics of figures/vehicles (12 back).
Comes with Italian distribution/warning sticker on the bottom right.

The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 Potfchina2
POTF2 OC Boba Fett with Luke Grappling Hook pic.
Back with pics of figures/vehicles (30 back).
Comes with London distribution/warning sticker on the bottom right.

The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 Potfchina3
POTF2 OC Boba Fett with Luke Dagobah pic.
Back with Luke Dagobah pic and pics of figures/vehicles (18 back).
Comes with Spanish distribution/warning sticker on the bottom left.

Last edited by crealkilla on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The modern bootleg thread.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next