The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WOW....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

WOW.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW....   WOW.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 6:19 pm

This is just what we needed in the bootleg community. Can't wait to see it grow. my own collection has shrunk recently due to our upcoming home purchase. But I'll be glad to help out and after things are settled down with the move and finances are back to collecting level I'll have to look for replacements. VERY exciting times. Are we going to have a bootleg FS/WTB section in here too?
Back to top Go down
MartijnEmmelot
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MartijnEmmelot

WOW.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW....   WOW.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 6:22 pm

Joseph_Y wrote:
MartijnEmmelot wrote:
This is great! Even changed my avatar for the occasion Smile

Hope to contribute a bit.

~Martijn

For an update /redux of the article that's on the archive, I'm definitely going to need your help. I'd to get front and side pics of as many figures as possible to show every limb attachment and color variant that we can. I'll be cracking open my display case and re-photographing my figures and boxes. I'd like to cover both series AND the vehicles/playset in one article this time.

Cheers and thanks
Joe

Great! this will be fun but also could take some time, did have some plans to buy a lightbox/phototent in the near future, now it seems I have to give it some priority Smile

~Martijn
Back to top Go down
http://www.starswar.eu
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

WOW.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW....   WOW.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 6:26 pm

Paul, that would be a great idea to have a classifieds section in here. We'll see what we can do and if everyone likes the idea, Im sure Joe could get it up and running.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

WOW.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW....   WOW.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 6:41 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Paul, that would be a great idea to have a classifieds section in here. We'll see what we can do and if everyone likes the idea, Im sure Joe could get it up and running.

Even we silly Canadians have a good idea now-and-again. Call it "The Booty Bargain Bin"
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

WOW.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW....   WOW.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 9:28 pm

Just a couple questions I have...

Would Pseudo Bootlegs like the FX Masters and Bilikens need their own section? I think so.

Any worries that detailed pics of rare bootleg weapons will lead to more repros than necessary since most are held by an elite few hard core bootleggers and haven't seen the limelight for scammers to copy in the past?

Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

WOW.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW....   WOW.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 10:17 pm

It's definitely a concern. The Polish weapons aren't such an issue, but the Uzay ones are where my worries exist. Maybe we can make the weapons section of the article a password only section, or intentionally put some misinformation in it, to see if the fakers bite.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
Darth Jaxx
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Darth Jaxx

WOW.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW....   WOW.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 9:32 am

Hello all!
I've known about TIG for a long while, but never joined because I'm not really much of a vintage collector.
But now that I have heard about this bootleg section forming, I thought I'd sign up.
I will probably only be able to contribute to the modern bootleg thread, but always love seeing everyone else's collections!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down

WOW.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW....   WOW.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:42 am

Welcome Jack - I'm a bit of a TIG noob as well. But looking forward to spending more time here Smile

Nice avatar BTW
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

WOW.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW....   WOW.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 9:53 pm

Andy, as for the bootlegs of bootlegs, we could do a seprate thread for them. How many are known out there and would it warrant its own section? Thats the thing we need to look at for those.
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

WOW.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW....   WOW.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 12:22 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Andy, as for the bootlegs of bootlegs, we could do a seprate thread for them. How many are known out there and would it warrant its own section? Thats the thing we need to look at for those.

There's the master FX series, the bilikens(forget how to spell it) , and there's several generations of Mexicans that are fake but interesting like the negro yoda. Personally it's these lines that I know least about and would love to know more. How many, maybe Joe could narrow that down.
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

WOW.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW....   WOW.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 4:07 pm

Thing is that there are bootlegs of bootlegs, and then there are just flat out fake bootlegs like the Billikens and the FX master stuff. We could open a thread (and a section once we get into the interactive section w. articles) about them.
As for actual bootlegs of bootlegs we can keep them in their country/era categorys for the time being.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
Admin Use Account

WOW.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW....   WOW.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 6:47 pm

Awesome work Joe Smile

I cant wait to see this bootleg section thrive!!

Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

WOW.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW....   WOW.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 4:16 am

Whats with PPL???

Arent these fakes too?? I just ask because some people told me so, but the article in the archive is still there :scratch:

http://theswca.com/images-speci/ppl/ppl.html
Back to top Go down
Bluestars
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bluestars

WOW.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW....   WOW.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 1:15 pm

wbobafett wrote:
Whats with PPL???

Arent these fakes too?? I just ask because some people told me so, but the article in the archive is still there :scratch:

Good question, i am pretty sure it was common sense that they were all fakes but it was never mentioned in the article. I know of someone who opened a vader and it had glued limbs and the paint smelled fresh...
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

WOW.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW....   WOW.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 2:23 pm

Michael Vogt wrote:
wbobafett wrote:
Whats with PPL???

Good question, i am pretty sure it was common sense that they were all fakes but it was never mentioned in the article. I know of someone who opened a vader and it had glued limbs and the paint smelled fresh...

I also havent seen a loose one ever.....anybody????
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Beanie

WOW.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW....   WOW.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 6:59 am

Glad to see the Bootlegs getting the attention and forums they deserve.

I have some nice Polish and Mexican bootlegs thanks to Joe.

Really looking forward to seeing how much more information and people's bootleg pictures that will be shared.

I am a novice but hoping to gain some more knowledge about this great and addictive area of collecting.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

WOW.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW....   WOW.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 10:29 pm

Welcome back Beanie. Been awhile since we seen you here.
Back to top Go down
rupert
New User
New User
rupert

WOW.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW....   WOW.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 3:21 pm

Joe, Congrats on a truly long overdue and well deserved attention to your love and knowledge of bootlegs. This is great! Can't wait to find more time to catch up.
Back to top Go down
lee gray
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

WOW.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW....   WOW.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 3:57 pm

Good to see you have your own section Joe
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

WOW.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW....   WOW.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 4:03 pm

Tis Section is a Great Idea! Although I dont collect bootlegs I ook forward to watching it all grow Cool
Back to top Go down
Jaybird
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Jaybird

WOW.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW....   WOW.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 9:10 pm

I am new to Bootlegs but can't wait to learn from you guys. bow Thanks, you have opened a new section to my star wars collecting and I can tell its gonna be great.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

WOW.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW....   WOW.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 10:08 am

This is a bootleg sociology project waiting to happen... again like the Poon Stormies they couldn't be passed off as any bootleg line but just imagine if the technology was a little better. This is how a lot of the odd Mexican bootlegs come about.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Stormtrooper-Loose-Figure-2-part-mold-Star-Wars-troop-builder-bootleg-/300725920735?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4604a963df

*** Hey, welcome Jaybird!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
rubberlike
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
rubberlike

WOW.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW....   WOW.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 10:48 am

Jaybird wrote:
I am new to Bootlegs but can't wait to learn from you guys. WOW.... - Page 2 13179 Thanks, you have opened a new section to my star wars collecting and I can tell its gonna be great.

Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of bootlegs.
Back to top Go down
http://wencl.org
DSJ
New User
New User

WOW.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW....   WOW.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:23 am

Hi everyone. Smile

This area looks really good Joe, think I will need a boot fix at CVI. Hope to pop in more often!

Cheers.

Dale.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

WOW.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW....   WOW.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:37 am

rebojazz wrote:
This is a bootleg sociology project waiting to happen... again like the Poon Stormies they couldn't be passed off as any bootleg line but just imagine if the technology was a little better. This is how a lot of the odd Mexican bootlegs come about.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Stormtrooper-Loose-Figure-2-part-mold-Star-Wars-troop-builder-bootleg-/300725920735?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4604a963df

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WOW.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW....   WOW.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WOW....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: The Outer Realm
 :: The Bootleg Database