The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Great Star Wars Cooking Recipes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Great Star Wars Cooking Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Great Star Wars Cooking Recipes   Great Star Wars Cooking Recipes I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 12:08 pm

Got this from a friend, funny.............

HOTH CHOCOLATE

Hoth is the ice planet and though it may be better to drink something hot on a freezing cold planet, it would take a miracle to KEEP it hot. Besides, this is Earth and it is May. Forget hot chocolate. Have Hoth Chocolate! It’s a drink the rebellion would fight for!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup good quality chocolate chips (we use Ghiradelli 60% cacao)
1 cup whole milk, divided
1/4 tsp cinnamon
6-8 cups ice cubes

Preparation:
Pour 1/2 of the milk and all the chocolate chips into a microwavable glass measuring cup. Microwave on high 20 seconds at a time, stirring after every interval until the chocolate is melted and well combined with the milk. Refrigerate until cold. Pour mixture into a blender with the remaining milk and cinnamon. Add 2-4 cups of ice. Blend on high (crush) for 60 seconds to 2 minutes. Pour into travel mugs with a straw and saddle up your tauntaun!

Alternatively, after you heat the milk and chocolate until combined, you can add the additional milk, stir, and pour into ice cube trays. When frozen, blend thoroughly and enjoy at full strength! We aren’t that patient and would make horrible Jedi!

DO OR DOUGHNUT, THERE IS NO TRY

We HAD to name this yummy treat after our favorite Star Wars character. Yoda… the coolest little green guy on Earth! Or anywhere else, really. And have you SEEN him with a lightsaber? These doughnuts take a little effort, but we promise they are worth it. And they go perfectly with our Hoth Chocolate!

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons granulated, active dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup sugar, divided
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
2 TBSP butter, softened
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp salt
canola oil

Preparation:
Mix yeast, water, and 1 tsp of sugar in a bowl. Set aside for about 10 minutes or until foamy. In a large mixing bowl, add flour and make a well in the center. Pour eggs, yeast mixture, 1/4 cup sugar, butter, cinnamon, and salt into the well. Stir mixture until you have a sticky dough. Remove dough from the bowl and onto a well-floured work surface. Knead dough about 8 minutes adding flour as needed to prevent sticking. The dough should look smooth and elastic when done. Rub the inside of a bowl with canola oil and add the dough ball. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. We usually put it in our oven or microwave if it has not been used in a while. You do not want the resting place to be hot or extremely warm.

Remove dough from bowl to a floured surface. Gently roll the dough between your hands and the surface to create a “snake”. Divide the dough in half and in half again. We use a pizza cutter for this. You should now have 4 equal parts. Divide each of the 4 pieces into 5 equal parts and gently roll them each into a ball. You should now have 20 balls of dough. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 15-25 minutes.

Heat oil In a medium pot over medium heat. When oil reaches about 370 degrees (we use a candy thermometer), use tongs and carefully slip the dough balls into the hot oil. Fry 30 seconds to 1 minute per side. You can do about 3 or 4 at a time but do not crowd the pot. They go very quick anyway. Use the tongs to remove from the oil and drain them on a paper towel lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with or roll in remaining sugar while still warm . The sugar will not stick if the doughnut is too cool.

Serve with Hoth Chocolate!

BOBA FETTUCCINI

Awesome villain meets delicious dinner! No more HUNTING for the perfect dinner when you can have this BOUNTY on your table! Seriously… we crack ourselves up… This pasta dish will satisfy even the toughest intergalactic bounty hunter!

Ingredients:
1 pound fettuccine noodles, prepared
2 sliced red or orange bell pepper
1 sliced sweet/vidalia onion
1/2 sliced red onion
4 smashed garlic cloves
2 sliced zucchini
4 sliced carrot
4 TBSP canola oil
1/2 – 1 cup half and half or heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
fresh grated parmesan
fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced (chiffonade)

Preparation:
Toss the all the vegetables and oil in a bowl to coat the veggies. Spread evenly on a 2 foil lined cookie sheets (do not crowd the veggies), sprinkle with salt and pepper, and roast at 400°F for 45 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes. Once the edges start to brown, add them to your blender and blend until smooth. Pour liquified roasted vegetables into a medium pot over medium low heat. Add cream and season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat through and serve over fettuccine. Sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan cheese and fresh basil chiffonade.

Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Great Star Wars Cooking Recipes   Great Star Wars Cooking Recipes I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 12:19 pm

Awesome SW themed recipes John lol. The Boba Fettuccini looks like a good dish.

had to laugh at this: DO OR DOUGHNUT, THERE IS NO TRY

lol!
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Great Star Wars Cooking Recipes   Great Star Wars Cooking Recipes I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 12:27 pm

Here's a recipe for a Tatooine sandwich.

Method.

1. Make a sandwich of your choice.

2. Sit on a sandy beach on a windy day.

3. Enjoy the unique gritty texture!

lol!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Great Star Wars Cooking Recipes   Great Star Wars Cooking Recipes I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 12:48 pm

Han sandwich....

Take one large slice of Han from the carbonite freezer and leave to thaw overnight.

Prepare and season Leia Organic vegetables.

Finely grate some chocolate Logray and mix with Pruneface.

Top off the dish with plenty of Salacious crumbs.

What a Face

Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Great Star Wars Cooking Recipes   Great Star Wars Cooking Recipes I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 12:51 pm

Great stuff. These cookies were good!

Great Star Wars Cooking Recipes Starwarscookies
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Great Star Wars Cooking Recipes   Great Star Wars Cooking Recipes I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 12:56 pm

Great recipes, John!!

We have to cook for some friends tomorrow, would be fun to include one of these as well.

Or shall I try to make a Pizza the Hutt. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: Great Star Wars Cooking Recipes   Great Star Wars Cooking Recipes I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 1:02 pm

My birthday cake for the last 32 years...

Great Star Wars Cooking Recipes PIC-0023
Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Great Star Wars Cooking Recipes   Great Star Wars Cooking Recipes I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 5:46 pm

RetroRewindToys wrote:
My birthday cake for the last 32 years...

Great Star Wars Cooking Recipes PIC-0023

WOW! That cake looks fantastic for being 32 years old. Not a spot of mold in sight. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great Star Wars Cooking Recipes   Great Star Wars Cooking Recipes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great Star Wars Cooking Recipes

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1