The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why on earth do people NOT learn from the past!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Why on earth do people NOT learn from the past!! Empty
PostSubject: Why on earth do people NOT learn from the past!!   Why on earth do people NOT learn from the past!! I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:11 am

For anyone not on RS, there is a current thread of the typical "I'll do what I want" theme. What I can't wrap my head around is why people don't seem to pick up that you instantly isolate yourself. Now granted people don't join a forum and troll through posts to see whats controversial, but joining ANY forum and pulling this kind of grandstand move is ALWAYS going to go bad.

Do these people expect everyone to stand up and do a slow clap like the end of a bad movie? Like they've brought balance to the force??

Am I nuts or should people realize that joining a forum/group should start off with you learning the tone of the forum and not take a hard line on a counter opinion?

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Why on earth do people NOT learn from the past!!   Why on earth do people NOT learn from the past!! I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:19 am

Why on earth do people NOT learn from the past!! Internet-Warrior-500x400

Razz
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: Why on earth do people NOT learn from the past!!   Why on earth do people NOT learn from the past!! I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:15 am

Hey James, I don't appreciate you posting my picture on these forums without my expressed permission! lol!
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Why on earth do people NOT learn from the past!!   Why on earth do people NOT learn from the past!! I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:01 am

No John you are not nuts. But unfortunately there appears to be a lot of nutters out there. No
I havn't read the thread on scum yet, but I've seen a number of cases on the forums where a member has either been very arrogant, or made fantastic claims that are totally untrue, and they are delluded enough to think experienced collectors accept what they are saying/doing. Rolling Eyes
I belong to 3 forums & spent a lot of time reading the threads & getting a 'feel' for each one before I joined. Of the 3 I find this the best site as on the whole it has a very friendly, relaxed atmosphere (as well as great info). The problem I have found with other sites is that rather than educating or banning nuisance members immediately they appear to antagonise them and incite further inapproprite posts for entertainment value first!

Thankfully for every 'bad' member there are a lot or really good ones! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Why on earth do people NOT learn from the past!!   Why on earth do people NOT learn from the past!! I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:23 am

I've just read the thread on scum Mad What an idiot! I liked the way that yourself and some of the other members responded! Very Happy
I hope the guy doesn't try and join here.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Why on earth do people NOT learn from the past!!   Why on earth do people NOT learn from the past!! I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:40 pm

Why dont people learn from the past? Cause they are morons. Just read that thread and rolled my eyes. Some people just dont know how to take a hint to not post shit like that up.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Why on earth do people NOT learn from the past!!   Why on earth do people NOT learn from the past!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:35 am

This is why I am here Smile this and another forum are the friendliest I have found. Many forums does have a different kind of mentality, the worst I've been on was when I wanted to learn more about water decals. it was a Lego forum, don't remember the name but the mods attacked anyone that didn't spell 100% correctly. I can imagine many children collect Lego and also have a high school education.

It's not really a forum when you can't ask question or discuss without getting attacked.

It's amazing how stupid the thread at rs was and also became.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Why on earth do people NOT learn from the past!!   Why on earth do people NOT learn from the past!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 8:57 am

I get where the guy in that thread is coming from. But wow what a way to label yourself a douche. Some people just don't care what others think I guess. But the point of joining a forum such as RS or TIG or Worldwide Church Of My Little Pony is to interact with folks who collect the same little plastic men as you do. And interact with them in a way that doesn't start a fire of stupidity. But also in that particular thread on RS, the other members should have just really ignored the guy and shut the thread down. I'm just as guilty as everyone of piling on when a fire gets started in a forum. But I've adopted a new attitude to ignore the morons and just deal with the cool kids.
Back to top Go down
Serket
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Serket

PostSubject: RS thread   Why on earth do people NOT learn from the past!! I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 6:48 am

Can someone post a link to this thread on RS.......cheers
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Why on earth do people NOT learn from the past!!   Why on earth do people NOT learn from the past!! I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 6:54 am

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1081159/

Its jumped up to 13 pages now. Last time I looked it was only like 6. jawdrop
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why on earth do people NOT learn from the past!!   Why on earth do people NOT learn from the past!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why on earth do people NOT learn from the past!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1