The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Did anyone see this?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

Did anyone see this? Empty
PostSubject: Did anyone see this?   Did anyone see this? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 6:57 am

On UK tv last night there was a programme called Ace Of Cakes, where they made a life-size R2-D2 cake complete with r/c rotating head & lights. This was delivered to Skywalker Ranch for the Clone Wars season 2 wrap party.
I thought it was pretty impressive. Anyone else see it?

[img]Did anyone see this? Images50[/img]

I gather the dome is now kept in the Lucas archive.

Last edited by cantina_patron on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone see this?   Did anyone see this? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 7:12 am

Yeah it's amazing what people can do with cakes now days Smile I didn't see the program too, guess I will have too look it up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone see this?   Did anyone see this? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 7:18 am

Would love to have seen that. That's really detailed, and cool they put electrics in it as well. Thanks for sharing Cool
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone see this?   Did anyone see this? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 7:39 am

Thanks guys. I found this link which shows the cake being unveiled. Enjoy!
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=ace%20of%20cakes%20r2d2&source=video&cd=2&ved=0CEYQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.starwars.com%2Fwatch%2Face_of_cakes_r2d2.html&ei=cvaPT_WrBcnJ0QWCqYXoAQ&usg=AFQjCNEt1lW4TpyFQp0IRqfPY4cZXe4t1w
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone see this?   Did anyone see this? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 8:00 am

Cheers for finding the link Steve. +1. Enjoyed that. Good to see all the kids having a ball.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone see this?   Did anyone see this? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 8:32 am

i remember that episode now. I had forgotten about it.
Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone see this?   Did anyone see this? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:35 pm

Ace of Cakes is actually not that far from where I live. I called one time about a cake. You need over a years time to get a cake and they can be close to $1,000! Must be good cake!
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone see this?   Did anyone see this? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 1:46 pm

curch wrote:
Ace of Cakes is actually not that far from where I live. I called one time about a cake. You need over a years time to get a cake and they can be close to $1,000! Must be good cake!

Wow wtf 3years, thats about as long time as you have to wait for a ferrari!! But this is for a cake. Yeah they must be seriously popular. I think shows like Cake Boss boosts them as well though. Even though that r2 pretty much beats anything I've seen on Cake Boss.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone see this?   Did anyone see this? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 3:47 pm

I missed it Steve! What channel was it on> Smile
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone see this?   Did anyone see this? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 4:13 pm

Dark Sith Lord wrote:
I missed it Steve! What channel was it on> Smile

It was on 'Really'. It's not a channel I've watched before, but I was told about the programme by a friend.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone see this?   Did anyone see this? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 4:25 pm

curch wrote:

I'm not surprised, I've heard of people paying 100's for a fairly standard 5 tier wedding cake. Some of the one-off novelty pieces they produce must take a lot of work to design & make.
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone see this?   Did anyone see this? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 4:49 pm

Laughing Laughing Never heard of it! lol!
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone see this?   Did anyone see this? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 4:58 pm

Dark Sith Lord wrote:
Laughing Laughing Never heard of it! lol!

I don't think many have lol! It's channel 20 on free view. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone see this?   Did anyone see this? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 6:16 pm

I've been the Cake Boss store. I did it for my wife's Birthday. We bought a cake that could practically fit in my hand and it was $60. They had premade full size cakes well into the $100s and that was just regular stuff (not custom)

BTW - 4 hours to get it. You had to wait on a line
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone see this?   Did anyone see this? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did anyone see this?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Off Topic