The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader   The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:25 pm

wbobafett wrote:
DarthTad wrote:
[ ANd that's what they call it here. http://www.highasakoit.co.uk/starwars/vader.php

uh...sorry..."Wattos" variant site!! I wont compete with that one...........then it IS a "mold hole"!

Rolling Eyes

I just figured that since half my Vaders have it, and half of them don't it was worth pointing out in case people were interested. It doesn't really matter to me what it's called. So if "injection point" works better, than I don't have a problem calling it that. I also didn't know that that particular site was so looked down upon. I got that link in the reference guide here. So if the info on that site is incorrect and should be disregarded, please let me know, and I won't reference it. Smile

I just thought it was an interesting difference to bring up. Smile
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader   The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:30 pm

To add to the lettered sabers, I have these:

"DD"
The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 DSC_0731-1

".MM"
The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 DSC_0732-1

"II"
The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 DSC_0733

"HH" I gave up on this pic. I took a million and couldn't get anything to turn out.
The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 DSC_0734

"S."
The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 DSC_0735-1

"EE"
The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 DSC_0736

Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader   The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 4:16 pm

wbobafett wrote:
"mold hole"????? :scratch: study study study

Dude...thats simply an injection point!! Wink

I used to work with induction/injection moulding way back & either term is ok TBH but if you want to be correct its an injection mould point, where it would (usually) of had a stem on it at the injection point which is then manually removed after coming off the machine & being cooled, hence there being quite a lot of variation it the look of it.

Hope that helps a bit.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader   The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:51 pm

Tad, the case is fine. I see it more figure related than I do the vehicles at this point, so leave it up. If it wasnt for cases, youd have to wheel around your Red Ryder wagon for all the toys. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader   The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:28 am

The only thing I can add that hasn't already been added is these 2, both have #9 COO, I've also got a #19
The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 8012
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader   The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:40 am

Those are awesome! I noticed they also have the white spray app on the chest box, with red painted over the white where needed, like the COO #6 I posted.

I wonder how many different COOs have that spray app?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader   The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:13 am

Adding COO #10, ''Taiwan'' Vader.

The cape has a rough feeling and lacks the typical cross hatch pattern on the inside.

The left foot is a bit deformed, which is typical for this COO. Maybe that was the reason that Kenner decided to replace this COO after a small production run was made? :scratch:

Apparently this figure was released on Toltoys cards.

The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 IMG_5802

The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 IMG_5803

The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 IMG_5807

The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 IMG_5806

Here is some more info on the Taiwan Vader:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t858-darth-vader-taiwan-only-coo
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader   The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:25 am

DarthTad wrote:
Those are awesome! I noticed they also have the white spray app on the chest box, with red painted over the white where needed, like the COO #6 I posted.

I think RetroRewindToys has posted the same 2 as you mate, If you look at mine it looks light grey not white, does yours if you look
again or are you sticking with White? Its also interesting that #9 and #6 are very simular COO but 9 has the HK scared out.

Darth Vader #6 - Hong Kong COO (RetroRewindToys)
The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 DV6BC

Could this also have the same paint job that cantina_patron posted? ROTJ Palitoy 45 back with double stemed bubble.

[img]The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 Dscn4414

Last edited by snaggletooth on Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader   The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:20 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:

The cape has a rough feeling and lacks the typical cross hatch pattern on the inside.

The left foot is a bit deformed, which is typical for this COO. Maybe that was the reason that Kenner decided to replace this COO after a small production run was made? :scratch:

Apparently this figure was released on Toltoys card

does this mean it got no pegholes?
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader   The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:23 pm

Marco, thats the idea floating around for the past 2 years. The Taiwan only Vader is a Toltoys exclusive. But Im not sure how many have been found on card or not. I know those things are on just about everybodys hit list to find. I was checking every Vader I could find at the local flea markets here when the info came out to see if maybe I could luck up and find one.

As for the deformed foot, it could be a factory error or melted. It doesnt have the sheen like the other foot does in your close up pix. And it has a melted look to it, to me anyway.

As for mold injection vs. mold hole. It looks like theres 2 terms being used now for it. I prefer mold injection point myself since it describes it the best. But if we can use transformants for deteriated figures, who says we cant use mold holes? But for all things involved, lets stick with the normal description of mold injection from now on so no body will be confused with the term. A mold hole could also describe the COO since it is an indention in the mold like the injection point is. But please dont classify it like that. Very Happy Call it what it is. If anybody wants to discuss it further, you know how to get ahold of me.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader   The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:25 pm

yeah-sus wrote:
Dr Dengar wrote:

Can you elaberate on that? Theres only one set I know of that has no peg holes and thats the Top Toys line. As far as I know of, all others have peg holes in the feet.
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader   The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:28 pm

Chris_J wrote:
yeah-sus wrote:
Dr Dengar wrote:

Can you elaberate on that? Theres only one set I know of that has no peg holes and thats the Top Toys line. As far as I know of, all others have peg holes in the feet.

i messed up between top and tol toys, can admin delete this 3 post so we can have a clean thread Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader   The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:40 pm

your fine. Honest mistake.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader   The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:14 pm

yeah-sus wrote:

The figure has pegholes.

The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 IMG_5808

Probably you confuse with TopToys. Very Happy

EDIT: did not see the previous posts, this was already addressed.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader   The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:22 pm

Chris_J wrote:

As for the deformed foot, it could be a factory error or melted. It doesnt have the sheen like the other foot does in your close up pix. And it has a melted look to it, to me anyway.

Only one way to find out. To have some pics posted of other COO #10 Vaders. Wolff?
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader   The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:26 pm

It would be interesting to see if all of them are like that, like the curved thumb Commander. Anybody else have a Taiwan only Vader they can post to compare with?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader   The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:28 pm

Yeah good idea Chris, now read my previous post. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader   The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:32 pm

I read it. lol! I seen you missed the other part and had to pick with you.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader   The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:02 pm

snaggletooth wrote:
DarthTad wrote:

Could this also have the same paint job that cantina_patron posted? ROTJ Palitoy 45 back with double stemed bubble.

[img]The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 Dscn4414

Very well spotted snaggletooth! Very Happy (points awarded!) The chest box on my Palitoy 45 back does have red paint applied over the white. I also have a Palitoy 65 back (the bubble is the same as the one posted by DarthTad) with this paint application. However, the Palitoy 65 back I posted a picture of (with the tri-logo bubble) has the red paint applied directltly to the black plastic. The 65 back with the tri-logo bubble will be a later release as the expiry date of the offer has been inked out.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader   The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:45 am

cantina_patron wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:
DarthTad wrote:

[/url]

Very well spotted snaggletooth! Very Happy (points awarded!) The chest box on my Palitoy 45 back does have red paint applied over the white. I also have a Palitoy 65 back (the bubble is the same as the one posted by DarthTad) with this paint application. However, the Palitoy 65 back I posted a picture of (with the tri-logo bubble) has the red paint applied directltly to the black plastic. The 65 back with the tri-logo bubble will be a later release as the expiry date of the offer has been inked out.

Thanks for the reply CP ind great info on the 2 different figures, any chance of a close up pic of the 45 back so we can see the chest color and detail? Has any one else got any other COO's with these Paint App?
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader   The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:33 am

snaggletooth wrote:

Thanks for the reply CP ind great info on the 2 different figures, any chance of a close up pic of the 45 back so we can see the chest color and detail? Has any one else got any other COO's with these Paint App?

Taking clear pics was a bit of a mare, but here goes!

Chest box for Palitoy 45 back, double stemed bubble.
[img]The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 Dscn4418[/img]

Chest box for Palitoy 65 back, 'normal' bubble.
[img]The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 Dscn4419[/img]

Chest box for Palitoy 65 back, Tri-Logo bubble.
[img]The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 Dscn4420[/img]

I hope this is of some use/help. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader   The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:52 am

Great pics CP! It's also interesting that your Palitoy with the Tri-Logo bubble has the larger, more square "coin slots," unlike the longer, skinnier "coin slots" on the other Palitoys. In addition to the paint app with no white base coat.

I'm still rather uninformed regarding COO relationships, so I wonder why Palitoy carded figures would have different molds even from card to card? Can anyone enlighten me?

Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader   The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:07 am

Thanks for the pics CP, it's interesting that both your 65 backs have the 2 different figures. Could they be the same COO #6 figures as Tad and RetroRewindToys have posted pictures of?

I'm interested to here what people think of this figure on the right, does it have a different color white/grey or is it just thinly applied? it looks as grey in hand as it does in the pic.
The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 8012
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader   The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:35 am

snaggletooth wrote:
Thanks for the pics CP, it's interesting that both your 65 backs have the 2 different figures. Could they be the same COO #6 figures as Tad and RetroRewindToys have posted pictures of?

I'm interested to here what people think of this figure on the right, does it have a different color white/grey or is it just thinly applied? it looks as grey in hand as it does in the pic.

Without openning the cards I guess there is no easy way of knowing what COO my figures have. Even comparing them to loose examples is very subjective IMO as it would appear more than one COO has this paint app.

With respect to your second question, the colour appears to me to be a product of thin paint application.

Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader   The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:42 am

DarthTad wrote:
Great pics CP! It's also interesting that your Palitoy with the Tri-Logo bubble has the larger, more square "coin slots," unlike the longer, skinnier "coin slots" on the other Palitoys. In addition to the paint app with no white base coat.

I'm still rather uninformed regarding COO relationships, so I wonder why Palitoy carded figures would have different molds even from card to card? Can anyone enlighten me?

Unfortunately I don't know about the COO relationships either!

As already mentioned in this thread by Wolf, Vader is undoubtedly the most produced figure resulting in many variations in COO, molding & paint application. Maybe someone could get funding for a PhD thesis. lol!

Does the Palitoy 65 back you posted also have the red paint applied over the white, as I couldn't really tell from the picture?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader   The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The TIG FOTW Thread: Darth Vader

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next