The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) Empty
PostSubject: So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)   So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:35 pm

Alright I'm excited , anyone else?

I really don't hate the OT as much as most. I think it's because I don't try to compare the movie sets. Granted TPM is the weakest of them, but hey it's Star Wars on the big screen!!

So who's got their popcorn??
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) Empty
PostSubject: Re: So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)   So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:48 pm

I'm really looking forward to seeing it for the cool cinema experience and in 3D!

I'm not a huge fan of the PT but well worth a look imo. I was reading though that TPM was shot in 35mm film so the 3D effects don't translate so well colour and background-wise in some scenes, whereas AOTC and ROTS were shot in HD so the 3D transition will work better all the way through those two.

It's released tomorrow here in France Very Happy so I'm getting a big bucket of popcorn and will look forward to the pod race scene!
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)   So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:55 pm

im gonna take my 6 year old daughter on sunday to see it in 3D dubbed to swedish (pernilla August is schmis voice),i looking forward too see a SW movie with my child without having to translate what they say Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)   So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:04 pm

I'm excited! And not just because of JarJar! Razz

Honestly, anytime Star Wars is on the big screen, I think it's worth seeing. I'm not going to do the midnight madness thing or anything, but we are going opening night. I haven't seen a SW movie in the theater since we saw Ep3 at midnight and stood in line for a few hours beforehand. And Aimee and I have never seen Ep1 together in the theater, so it will be a nice event for us.

I will say that the Anakin 3D podracer glasses are cool! And if anyone gets a pair that they don't want, I know a guy! Wink
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)   So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:09 pm

Although TPM is the weakest of the prequels, it has some good scenes, and as I have seen all cinema realeases of the 6 films from '77 onwards, I'll have to see this one! At least the 'look' of Yoda has been improved!
You can't beat the cinematic experience!!!
cp

Last edited by cantina_patron on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)   So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:15 pm

I've got my tickets with my seats circled below. There is nothing like going to the theatre to see a SW movie, even if it is TPM. Smile

I'm thinking of making this my new signature. Laughing

So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) Tpmseats

Last edited by shawn_k on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)   So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:16 pm

cantina_patron wrote:
Although TPM is th weakest of the prequals, it has some good scenes, and as I have seen all cinema realeases of the 6 films from '77 onwards, I'll have to see this one! At least the 'look' of Yoda has been improved!
cp

Truthfully... after not seeing Ep1 for a few years, I watched it again with the BluRay release. I honestly, thought it was one of the better prequels. It's a heck of a lot better than AOTC is (IMO anyway). I really think it's holding up better over the years and is actually a pretty decent film.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)   So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:27 pm

RebelChris wrote:
cantina_patron wrote:
Although TPM is th weakest of the prequals, it has some good scenes, and as I have seen all cinema realeases of the 6 films from '77 onwards, I'll have to see this one! At least the 'look' of Yoda has been improved!
cp

Truthfully... after not seeing Ep1 for a few years, I watched it again with the BluRay release. I honestly, thought it was one of the better prequels. It's a heck of a lot better than AOTC is (IMO anyway). I really think it's holding up better over the years and is actually a pretty decent film.

My personal favourite of the prequels is ROTS, there is a continuity error with ROTJ, but it does bring everything together!
Back to top Go down
bootyhunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
bootyhunter

PostSubject: Re: So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)   So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:38 pm

I'm looking forward to it, IMHO Darth Maul was a cool baddie + pod racing in 3d.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)   So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:54 pm

Excited isn't the word really. More curious to see what it'll look like in 3D. I'm also one who doesn't hate the PT. I accept them for what them are. I'll probably go see it next week when I have a free day to go.

And I agree with seeing any SW on the BIG SCREEN is a reason to go.
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)   So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 4:05 pm

Taking my 9 year old son. He's so excited....
I'm excited to see Darth Maul!!!! Hopefully good inspiration for my next painting, that will be of him....
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)   So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:02 pm

I was talking about this in chat. If we get it here at our 'gold class' I'll go see it. Gold class has big recliner seats & they bring you drinks & food drinking2 & popcorn I can't watch a movie in a normal seat anymore my old man back doesn't like it Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)   So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:07 pm

Looks like Im the only one whos not excited to see it. Very Happy It was ok the first time, but not that thrilled to go see it in 3-D. I just dont get the excitment of it. I didnt care for 3-D in the 70's and still dont get it now. Bah Humbug. lol! If theres a new movie out I really want to see, Ill get the normal version first.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)   So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:26 pm

I'm excited! Already have my tickets. And it will be my son's first SW theater experience. We're all geeked up!
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)   So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:31 pm

Sith Noob wrote:
I'm excited! Already have my tickets. And it will be my son's first SW theater experience. We're all geeked up!

More geeked up than Star Wars pancakes?? WOW!!
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)   So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:29 pm

I am taking my five year old son on Friday and looking forward to it. I have grown to appreciate TPM over the years and think the pod race scenes will be amazing. Popcorn in hand and ready to munch..
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)   So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 12:43 am

Here is how excited I am....

Bought this poster as Darth Maul is my favorite SW character ..... you can tell by my AVATAR!!
who else has a Double Light Saber?? , not even YODA!!!

So now you know how excited I am!!!

So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) Plano-10
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)   So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:49 am

Just spotted this thread, here's what i posted elsewhere;

I must say that i am hugely pumped for 3D Phantom Menace, if only for the fact that i'm using it to introduce my daughter to the world of Star Wars. She is exactly the same age (7) as when myself & my wife both discovered & fell in love with the SW universe. I think/hope that she will join us in our infatuation! I can't wait tbh!
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)   So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:41 am

I'm setting up at a local toy show in a couple of weeks and I'm psyched about the fact that I may have a chance of unloading some of the EP1 carded figures that have glutted up my attic. celebrate Does that count?

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
REDFIVE
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)   So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:54 am

I'm looking forward to it! My 4 year old wants to see it but I'm not sure 3D films might be ok for a 4 year old????? Anyone know?????
Anyway, Maul was ace, the Podracing was ace. I will just have to suffer binks again.....
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)   So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:58 am

I went to see the 11am screening this morning. Have to admit when the opening titles began and the music of John Williams started I got shivers down the back of my neck.
The 3D effects worked great in parts and not so great in other parts. But the cinematic experience of seeing a SW movie again was a real buzz.

No Anakin or Darth Maul 3D glasses to keep as a momento unfortunately, so to round off my SW experience I called into Quick (former Belgium fast food chain like McDonalds) and picked up their version of the Happy Meal promoting the TPM 3D.

Here's my E-ticket and a pretty nifty rocket-firing Naboo ship (which my son has now taken lol). The Yoda looks cool. And there's a range aimed at girls too.
So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) Star_w10

So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) Star_w11

Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)   So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:48 am

I'm TOTALLY stoked to see Episode I in 3-D. First, I really like 3-D. I know some poo poo on it, but I think it makes going to the movies an event again, like it used to be. Even though I have a 3-D setup at home, the theatre is way cooler.

Also, it's freaking Star Wars. On. The. Big. Screen. Love it. My 7 year old will get to see his first Star Wars at the movies.

And I have fond memories of when TPM first came out in 1999. I saw it 8 times. It reinvigorated the entire Star Wars universe. From collecting, to new product, to comics. And I loved it.

The only thing I'm bummed about is that I looked at the theatre listings, and saw the midnight showing, and realized I am officially too old to give enough of a shit about ANY movie to stay up until 2 in the morning to watch it on a weekday. Sigh.

So, I'm thinking Sunday. Suspect
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)   So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:29 am

DarthTad wrote:

The only thing I'm bummed about is that I looked at the theatre listings, and saw the midnight showing, and realized I am officially too old to give enough of a shit about ANY movie to stay up until 2 in the morning to watch it on a weekday. Sigh.

It happens to the best of us Tad. We're all young and fulla piss and vinegar, eat a 15" pepperoni pizza at midnight and still be able to sleep afterwards. Now you drink water at three in the afternoon and you have heartburn for three days. Welcome to the world of the old fart.

Now pass the popcorn popcorn and the Pepto-Bismol poo and lets watch TPM sonny sick .
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)   So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:58 am

DarthTad wrote:
I'm TOTALLY stoked to see Episode I in 3-D. First, I really like 3-D. I know some poo poo on it, but I think it makes going to the movies an event again, like it used to be. Even though I have a 3-D setup at home, the theatre is way cooler.

Also, it's freaking Star Wars. On. The. Big. Screen. Love it. My 7 year old will get to see his first Star Wars at the movies.

And I have fond memories of when TPM first came out in 1999. I saw it 8 times. It reinvigorated the entire Star Wars universe. From collecting, to new product, to comics. And I loved it.

Right there with you Tad. A few years ago I would've been all in for a midnight showing. Now, I can't be bothered. Mostly because I would be a zombie at work the next day and that's not fun at all. I mean, zombies are cool and all, but I don't want to be one just yet.

Doe that mean I'm officially grown up? Damn it!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)   So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 12:02 pm

RebelChris wrote:

Right there with you Tad. A few years ago I would've been all in for a midnight showing. Now, I can't be bothered. Mostly because I would be a zombie at work the next day and that's not fun at all. I mean, zombies are cool and all, but I don't want to be one just yet.

Doe that mean I'm officially grown up? Damn it!

I think it means you're officially a buzzkill tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)   So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So......................... Anyone besides me excited to see Phantom Menace (Ducking)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next