The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ebay alternative as a buyer, you thoughts.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

Ebay alternative as a buyer, you thoughts. Empty
PostSubject: Ebay alternative as a buyer, you thoughts.   Ebay alternative as a buyer, you thoughts. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 9:15 pm

Hi guys,

I am not gonna ramble on about ebay and what it has become but i would like to know if some folks have found real trustworthy alternatives to ebay for collecting star wars stuff... I am beginning to check some sites but would like some input form some folks here.

thanks
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Ebay alternative as a buyer, you thoughts.   Ebay alternative as a buyer, you thoughts. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 9:24 pm

The only other place I found, auction wise is Ebid. Theres not much vintage up and what is, most is in the fair to high price range. Most sellers on there are those who left Ebay cause of all their changes
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Ebay alternative as a buyer, you thoughts.   Ebay alternative as a buyer, you thoughts. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 9:34 pm

I have gone to ecrater and it seems that there is a little niche of vintage toys but not has huge as ebay. I guess people just use ebay because they dont want the hassle of setting their stuff up on other auction site and because it is still the most popular one so far. But i have seen the times when yahoo was the defacto portal for internet search and it was replaced by google and myspace was replaced by facebook. I just hope that one day ebay gets replaced by something better. It is nice to see some "untouchable things" become not so untouchable anymore, changes is sometimes a good thing. Smile

I also looked at Ioffer.com and it is also limited...
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Ebay alternative as a buyer, you thoughts.   Ebay alternative as a buyer, you thoughts. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:13 pm

I've made one purchase on ebid, and it went well. But in terms of selection and variety, nothing can compare with ebay, which is very unfortunate. I really hope another site can overtake ebay someday.
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Ebay alternative as a buyer, you thoughts.   Ebay alternative as a buyer, you thoughts. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:28 pm

Jesse, your right. The selection on Ebid isnt all that great, but I dont think the site is getting the exposure it needs to rival Ebay. If it did, they might have something going for them. Alot of the items are overpriced also over there. I know someone on RS was talking about doing an auction site one time, but dont think it went anywhere due to what he found out what he had to do to get it started and keep it running.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Ebay alternative as a buyer, you thoughts.   Ebay alternative as a buyer, you thoughts. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:02 pm

Yeah, exposure would go a long way. I've seen ads on TV for QuiBids, but I don't like auction sites that use the 'pay for bids' process.
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Ebay alternative as a buyer, you thoughts.   Ebay alternative as a buyer, you thoughts. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 6:34 am

sadly ebay will be around for a long time "because" it is in the culture of the world. It would take an event like facebook overtaking myspace in marketshare to change things. Also Ebay has ptu in a lot of strategies to try to keep their sellers in with a lot of free advertising schemes that are offered each months " list 5000 items" on that day comes to mind.

I don't mind ebay, and if you are careful you "can" watch how you do business with them so that they don't eat you up alive with all their BS price for listing. But their rating system has gone down the drain. I started selling some months ago and found out real fast what a money drain and eating your profits they are. Now i am only posting when they have listing offers. Other than that i wont.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ebay alternative as a buyer, you thoughts.   Ebay alternative as a buyer, you thoughts. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ebay alternative as a buyer, you thoughts.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1