The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New purchase that included Mecc Fett and others....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

New purchase that included Mecc Fett and others.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New purchase that included Mecc Fett and others....   New purchase that included Mecc Fett and others.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 8:53 am

Nope, I don't believe any differences besides the coo.
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: New purchase that included Mecc Fett and others....   New purchase that included Mecc Fett and others.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 9:14 am

Ok, took a closer look at the no coo Ack next to a Taiwan. The no coo Ack has whiter legs. The mold seems slightly less pronounced also (in the folds of his pants). One other change was the paint application to the white in his shirt on his arms.
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: New purchase that included Mecc Fett and others....   New purchase that included Mecc Fett and others.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 9:20 am

Closer inspection. The no coo Ack has molded white arms. The Taiwan has white paint applied to his arms....
This is my observation.... So it seems their is a difference.
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: New purchase that included Mecc Fett and others....   New purchase that included Mecc Fett and others.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 1:12 pm

So I'm posting some side by side photos. The Ackbar on the left is the no coo Meccano, the one on the right is the Taiwan Ack version. They have differences. I'll start at the top and work down. Maybe this is not a big deal but they are differences....
First the no coo has molded white sleeves on his arms, the Taiwan has painted sleeves on his arms. The white sides on the no coo (under his arm) is painted white and the white sides on the Taiwan are molded white. The tan color in the shirt of the no coo Ack is darker then the Taiwan. The hips on the no coo are darker tan in the no coo then the Taiwan. The crotch is painted white in the no coo version and is molded white for the Taiwan. The leg color is different also. The no coo has lighter molded legs then the more tan Taiwan legs. Also, the definition in all the limbs (such as folds in the clothing details) is not as sharp in the no coo version as the Taiwan. This is that way on all the limbs. Probably killing a dead horse here but I wanted to point out the differences I saw.....

New purchase that included Mecc Fett and others.... - Page 2 Ack_co10

New purchase that included Mecc Fett and others.... - Page 2 Ack_co11
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: New purchase that included Mecc Fett and others....   New purchase that included Mecc Fett and others.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 5:47 pm

stevefdwyer wrote:

Is it possible some of the PBP figures were created, molded in Spain and painted in France (Meccano)? Any thoughts....

I personally think your on the right track there Steve, I think the Meccano Tie's where made by PBP and also painted by PBP, same as they did with some other characters, painted them differently for other company's.
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: New purchase that included Mecc Fett and others....   New purchase that included Mecc Fett and others.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 5:51 pm

It makes Variant hunting that much harder doesn't it : ) when you don't know what you actually got : )
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: New purchase that included Mecc Fett and others....   New purchase that included Mecc Fett and others.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 5:56 pm

stevefdwyer wrote:
It makes Variant hunting that much harder doesn't it : ) when you don't know what you actually got : )

Thats the fun of it, When you do finally find what your looking for. The info is known but its getting collectors to share it that's the tricky bit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New purchase that included Mecc Fett and others....   New purchase that included Mecc Fett and others.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New purchase that included Mecc Fett and others....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2