The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

COO sticker on cardback ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

COO sticker on cardback ?? Empty
PostSubject: COO sticker on cardback ??   COO sticker on cardback ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:21 am

COO sticker on cardback ?? SDC12058
I wonder what is going on here? Anyone seen this before?
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: COO sticker on cardback ??   COO sticker on cardback ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 3:34 am

I,ve got a POTF card with a 'Made In Hong Kong' sticker on the back.

I'm not sure my camera is upto the job, but I will try to post a picture later.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: COO sticker on cardback ??   COO sticker on cardback ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 4:49 am

How right you are
COO sticker on cardback ?? SDC12059
this makes NO sense to me because I think under the sticker is made in Hong Kong as well :scratch:
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: COO sticker on cardback ??   COO sticker on cardback ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 5:25 am

Nice photo, you've saved me a job!

With the obvious exception of Paploo & Lumat all of the other POTF cards I've seen have had a printed 'Made In Hong Kong' COO.

So, as you say it makes no sense to apply a 'Made In Hong Kong' sticker over the top.

The bar code on your card it is the same as mine, does the figure on yours happen to be an Imperial Gunner? If so, could it be a factory error where these cards were stickered along with a batch or batches of cards with a different COO so they could be used to hold Hong Kong figures?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: COO sticker on cardback ??   COO sticker on cardback ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 5:44 am

Yep it's an Imperial gunner card but I have an unstickered one as well & a stickered Imperial Dignitary card. Do the POTF Lumat & Paploo cards say Made in Mexico?
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: COO sticker on cardback ??   COO sticker on cardback ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 5:54 am

I've just checked my POTF Lumat & it does have 'Made In Mexico' printed on it like the ROTJ versions. It also has the matt finish that other mexican cards have.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: COO sticker on cardback ??   COO sticker on cardback ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 6:03 am

If there are enough willing members, would it be worth starting a checklist for stickered COO's like the one that is currently being done for the ROTJ assortment code stickers?
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: COO sticker on cardback ??   COO sticker on cardback ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 6:23 am

I know PBP have some last 17 tri-logos, could these POTF cards have come from Spain? Would be interesting to see what's under the stickers.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: COO sticker on cardback ??   COO sticker on cardback ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 6:57 am

http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6658&p=98255

Granted the above link doesn't give much discussion or added info but I think these are quite common, I haven't had too many POTF cards or cardbacks come through my hands admittedly as I no longer have much interest in Kenner figures but of the ones I have had in my collection quite a few of them had stickers.

snaggletooth wrote:
I know PBP have some last 17 tri-logos, could these POTF cards have come from Spain? Would be interesting to see what's under the stickers.

Hey Scott, the only Kenner marked product that Spain produced was a handful of ROTJ cards (Greedo, Walrusman etc) with Made in Spain printed on the card, I have never heard of any Kenner POTF cards being made or even assembled in Spain (It's very likely Kenner were not 100% impressed with the quality of product coming from Spain and therefore didn't want more lol)

Oh and the full list of POTF/last 15 figures that were packaged in Spain on Trilogos only were:

Yak Face
Imperial Dignitary
Barada
Amanaman
General Lando
R2 pop up
Luke Stormtrooper
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: COO sticker on cardback ??   COO sticker on cardback ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 7:10 am

Oh and if it helps- I did remember what was under the sticker on the EV card that I posted about on SWF - it was Taiwan Smile
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: COO sticker on cardback ??   COO sticker on cardback ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 7:20 am

LOL, I remember what I posted on the SWFUK thread re POTF figure variations but forgot it was initially started due to the sticker Embarassed
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: COO sticker on cardback ??   COO sticker on cardback ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 7:26 am

Joe_O wrote:

snaggletooth wrote:

Hey Scott, the only Kenner marked product that Spain produced was a handful of ROTJ cards (Greedo, Walrusman etc) with Made in Spain printed on the card, I have never heard of any Kenner POTF cards being made or even assembled in Spain (It's very likely Kenner were not 100% impressed with the quality of product coming from Spain and therefore didn't want more lol)

Oh and the full list of POTF/last 15 figures that were packaged in Spain on Trilogos only were:

Yak Face
Imperial Dignitary
Barada
Amanaman
General Lando
R2 pop up
Luke Stormtrooper

Thanks for your reply Joe and the info, i wondered if the Gunner was one on the Spanish tri's. It was just a thought I had. Interesting to that the stickers cover Taiwan, is there POTF cards from Taiwan without the HK stickers?
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: COO sticker on cardback ??   COO sticker on cardback ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 7:54 am

aussiejames wrote:
LOL, I remember what I posted on the SWFUK thread re POTF figure variations but forgot it was initially started due to the sticker Embarassed

Lol Laughing it's ok James, must be a combination of your old age and your old age lol!

Scott- I would presume so, much like you can find many other things that should be stickered without them.

I *think* the majority of the POTF line Kenner cards (that includes reissues like ben etc) are all Hong Kong and were intended to be Hong Kong (hence the stickers)

Would be cool to get a list together of all the figures with stickers or that indeed aren't covered but have a Taiwan printed COO!
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: COO sticker on cardback ??   COO sticker on cardback ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 8:12 am

Joe_O wrote:
aussiejames wrote:

Lol Laughing it's ok James, must be a combination of your old age and your old age lol!

Scott- I would presume so, much like you can find many other things that should be stickered without them.

I *think* the majority of the POTF line Kenner cards (that includes reissues like ben etc) are all Hong Kong and were intended to be Hong Kong (hence the stickers)

Would be cool to get a list together of all the figures with stickers or that indeed aren't covered but have a Taiwan printed COO!

Good to know your thoughts Joe and that list would be great, would also be interesting if a few people could confirm if any Taiwan COO card also had Taiwan COO figures or where they the No COO's.
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: COO sticker on cardback ??   COO sticker on cardback ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:03 am

Hi guys, I also havde some cards with such a sticker on, I have never thought about why they was there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: COO sticker on cardback ??   COO sticker on cardback ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:33 pm

cantina_patron wrote:
I,ve got a POTF card with a 'Made In Hong Kong' sticker on the back.

I'm not sure my camera is upto the job, but I will try to post a picture later.

[img]COO sticker on cardback ?? Dscn4113[/img]

As the card is a 'beater' I decided to use some solvent to soften the glue. As you can see this card was originally printed with a 'Made In China' COO. (The glue remained sticky enough for me to stick the label back down).
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: COO sticker on cardback ??   COO sticker on cardback ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:36 pm

Nice piece of field research cantina-patron!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: COO sticker on cardback ??   COO sticker on cardback ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 3:00 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:

Nice piece of field research cantina-patron!!! Very Happy

Cheers Dr Dengar!

Hopefully no one will be too horrified affraid

I would not normally do something like that, but as the card is not in great condition I thought it may provide an answer & prevent someone doing it to a decent card.

It may be safe to assume that a POTF card with a HG factory mark & a 'Made In Hong Kong' sticker has a 'Made In China' COO printed on it. However, I was informed in another thread that Macau ROTJ cards exist with a HG factory mark & the relationships of these marks are not fully understood yet.

The plot thickens!

Can anyone who has seen a POTF card with a printed Taiwan COO confirm what the factory mark is?
Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: COO sticker on cardback ??   COO sticker on cardback ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 4:49 pm

pomse2001 wrote:
Hi guys, I also havde some cards with such a sticker on, I have never thought about why they was there.

Here's another theory to throw in the mix...

I wonder if trade agreements and tariffs played a role?
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: COO sticker on cardback ??   COO sticker on cardback ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 5:31 pm

Msz124 wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:

Maybe, I don't know mate.

I have found a Kenner ROTJ Bossk cardback with a Hong Kong sticker on Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: COO sticker on cardback ??   COO sticker on cardback ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:10 am

pomse2001 wrote:
Msz124 wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:

I have found a Kenner ROTJ Bossk cardback with a Hong Kong sticker on Very Happy

Yeah who knows? unsure

I'm thinking from the back side of the organization. Why allocate funds for production of a COO decal and implement a new process by having to affix the decal to the card? Perhaps a legal issue?
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: COO sticker on cardback ??   COO sticker on cardback ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:08 pm

Msz124 wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:
Msz124 wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:

Yeah who knows? unsure

I'm thinking from the back side of the organization. Why allocate funds for production of a COO decal and implement a new process by having to affix the decal to the card? Perhaps a legal issue?

Or maybe some factories in some other countries had produced to many cards and sold them to another country or factory ?
Back to top Go down
mr_palitoy
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mr_palitoy

PostSubject: Re: COO sticker on cardback ??   COO sticker on cardback ?? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 10:48 am

I have some info on my 70B page about all the COO stickers:-

http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy/tl70bcardback.htm

Jason
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COO sticker on cardback ??   COO sticker on cardback ?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COO sticker on cardback ??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1