The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08:

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08: - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08:   DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08: - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 5:52 pm

Updated on first page! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08:   DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08: - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:36 pm

Wow! I have never seen so many boxed vehicles! Love the diarama's too! Fantastic.

BTW - I love the ikea glass cabinets, i have one, but i plan to add another Smile
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08:   DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08: - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 2:19 pm

Wow MarK!

Awesome update to your fantastic collection. I love the Jabba display too! Amazing room!

Good luck with the rest of the MIB!
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08:   DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08: - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 3:29 pm

Wicked display Mark and can feel another trip to Ikea coming Very Happy
By the way whats with the Wampa fixation lol!
Tony
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08:   DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08: - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 3:50 pm

HothTony wrote:

By the way whats with the Wampa fixation lol!
Tony

Don't let him get to you Mark! :emperor:
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08:   DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08: - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 3:55 pm

I'm only jealous as I dont have one.....yet !!! lol!
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08:   DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08: - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 4:14 pm

I can't believe I never commented on your collection Mark. Embarassed You've got a really nice and clean display with a good mixture of lose and MIB items.

Like Craig, I also like the Jabba setup. I actually just recently bought one of the cardboard backdrops at a retail store that somehow just found some old potf2 stock.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08:   DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08: - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 11:46 am

Thanks for the kind comments guys! Cool

Shawn-i had to stick some cardboard to the jabba display to strengthen it as its quite flimsy.I'm sure you'll recognise where i got the idea to take out the glass panels to link the detolfs,(i nicked it from a guy with a really cool display!).

Tony-i bought 4 wampas in one lot & just decided to buy the other 2 to complete the run(i think there's 6 boxed variations!)

Cheers,

Mark.
Back to top Go down
cyberzakatak
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08:   DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08: - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 3:24 pm

Awesome Blossom..Extra Awesome!
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08:   DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08: - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 5:33 pm

Hey Mark
Sorry m8 I missed your reply !!
I wasnt aware there were that many variations I just thought you had some sort of Wampa fetish lol!
Mind you I do really like the box so could understand the fascination.
Cheers
Tony
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08:   DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08: - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:10 pm

Wowwowow that is some huge MIB collection you have there Mark!

Great to see all those boxes nicely displayed in your cabinet. It looks almost complete. I saw your newest MIB Sonic Landspeeder in the 'latest purchases' thread (congrats!). You must have a short 'wanted' list by now: POTF body rigs? Rebel Commander Centre? Battle Wagon?

Special credits to the trilogo Ewok village, Sandcrawler, Dagobah Set with Sepcial Offer, Creature Cantina set (with insert and boxes with baggies?).

BTW: I thought Emiel was the only Wampaphilic here on TIG. Very Happy. Seriously: Nice mini focus you got there on the shelf.

Last week I bought the same glass cabinets from IKEA, and yes I agree they are quite heavy to carry, especially all the way to your attic.

The cabinets are quite suitable for displaying figures and small figures, but somehow the boxes don't display that good imo. Your solution seems much better. I am also trying to figure out a way to squeeze a Millenium Falcon, and a B-Wing in the glass cabinet. Maybe be holding it under a certain angle with little strings, so it looks like these vehicles are flying?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08:   DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08: - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Thanks for your kind words Marco! Cool

I don't have many more to get now just the BD ESB X Wing,Imperial Cruiser,Rebel Command Center,3 POTF playpacks(Endor Chase,Ewok Attack & Hoth Rescue),POTF body rigs Imperial Sniper & One Man Sand Skimmer & that's it.

I'm not going to bother with the Ewok Battle Wagon & Palitoy Death Star as i think they're horrible! lol!

Sadly a lot of my boxed stuff don't have the inserts like the Cantina Adventure (it only had the cardboard backdrop & instructions & white pegs & no figures!). Sad

The Wampa run came about when i bought 4 in one lot so i decided to get the other 2 to finish the run,(i think there's only 6 plus the POTF Hoth Rescue playpack!).

The bookcases are Billy ones from Ikea,i think you might struggle to fit a Falcon inside the Detolfs but you might be able to if you link up a few of them.Shawn K came up with the great idea to link up Detolfs by removing a glass side panel from each one & i'm hoping to buy another 2 to put in front of the others to make one big square display!

Looking forward to seeing your collection displayed! Very Happy

Cheers,

Mark.
Back to top Go down
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08:   DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08: - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:10 pm

Simply amazing!!
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08:   DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08: - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 6:55 am

Hi Mark

That is a huge collection you got . I love all your boxed ESB stuff , some of it makes my mouth water .
And your way of dispalying it all.

What's your plan when you have all the stuff you are missing ? What will you collect then ?

Cheers

Soren
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08:   DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08: - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:31 pm

Thanks for the kind comments guys! Cool

Soren,i've been thinking about selling most of my boxed stuff & starting again with Kenner Canadian MIB stuff as i just love the french logo's on the boxes,especially the ESB one!

I'd only keep stuff that wasn't released with the french logo like the Cantina Adventure playset,Imperial Shuttle & POTF stuff etc! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08:   DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08: - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 3:51 am

Hi Mark

Yes that is it , isn't it. One you have it all , then what ? I have decidet just to get a few boxed pices and just stuff that i truly love.

This has made me have a much clearer look at what to get . And what not to get.

Again i love your collection , it would be a shame to break it up woulden it . But no collection are for ever .

Soren

Btw. There is a guy on RS who want's to trade his Canadian ESB boxed Sandcrawler for a SW boxed one .
That might be your first one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08:   DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08: - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 3:14 pm

awesome colection there mark buddy sutch mintyness nice one buddy bow
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08:   DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08: - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 7:34 am

Hey Mark, love the collection as you know! Very Happy

So are you going to replace the standard version if and when you've found a Canadian variant or sell all the standard Kenners in one go and then use the money for Canadian stuff? And what about your European MIB?
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08:   DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08: - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 10:17 am

Capetown wrote:
Hey Mark, love the collection as you know! Very Happy

So are you going to replace the standard version if and when you've found a Canadian variant or sell all the standard Kenners in one go and then use the money for Canadian stuff? And what about your European MIB?

Sorry for the late reply mate! Embarassed

I'll probably sell some stuff first to raise some funds,i've sold a couple of things on ebay to a german lad & he might be interested in buying more from me,if i don't hear back from him i'll list my stuff on the forums & ebay.

I'm only keeping my POTF,trilogo & items that weren't released with a canadian logo like cantina adventure playset,imperial shuttle,sonic landspeeder etc! Very Happy

Soren-i saw that on RS about the guy who wanted to trade an ESB sandcrawler for a SW one,i didn't contact him as my box is a bit beat up & missing the paperwork so he probably wouldn't have wanted it,thanks anyway though! Cool
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08:   DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08: - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 11:13 am

Great Collection you have, it looks really great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
madhatter1220
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
madhatter1220

PostSubject: Re: DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08:   DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08: - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:41 pm

Fantastic collection!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08:   DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08: - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DarthStanley's Collection:Update 10/08:

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3