The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010   Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 6:59 am

Hi All

As mentioned in my post in vintage chat the other day we have created a TIG Developer Group on the forum (this group can be identified by the green username)

This group has been put in place to help assist with the development of this sites resources including forum updates and new content like the Lily Ledy Guide. They will also help out with the more technical challenges we face.

The type of skills that we are looking for are as followed -

Ability and understanding of the Adobe Packages including Photoshop CS3 / CS4 and CS Illustrator as well as other high end editing software.

Abilities in web development including HTML, CSS, BBcode etc

The desire to create and manage projects from concept to completion.

Finally a genuine commitment to help making TIG an outstanding site for vintage collectors Smile

If anyone wants to take on the challenge then shoot me a PM.

Cheers Jay

Last edited by jaymassive619 on Tue May 18, 2010 10:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010   Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 7:53 am

fuck my no photoshop skills and no adobe skills

but you can count on me for anything else jay Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010   Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 1:10 am

I have a Mexican friend who could be interested Jay, i know he does Webby work, not sure on the adobe type stuff yet, ill try catch him later and grill him what kinda skills he has and let you know.
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010   Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:23 am

Cobra_UK wrote:
I have a Mexican friend who could be interested Jay, i know he does Webby work, not sure on the adobe type stuff yet, ill try catch him later and grill him what kinda skills he has and let you know.

See if he knows were that Lili Ledy factory is!!!

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010   Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:32 am

This post has been filled guys Smile

rebelchris has kindly offered to join the team!

Chris has experience in everything that we were looking for from Web code to advance editing packages like adobe illustrator so this is great news for the site!

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010   Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:25 pm

jimmymindtricks wrote:
fuck my no photoshop skills and no adobe skills

but you can count on me for anything else jay Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 Icon_sad

thanks for finding something iam usefull for me jay and thank you rob for coming up with it

iam sure we will make some cool idea's for the site become reallity Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010   Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:24 am

No probs Jimmy im looking forward to seeing what you and Rob come up with Smile

For Info rebelchris has been moved to Admin alongside myself so we can work together on delivery some top class content for users over the coming year Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010   Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:35 am

The time has come to bump this thread up so we can continue the work on the TIG Lili Ledy Guide Smile

Jimmy has been kind enough to step aside regarding his TIG Dev Role to allow the team to find another member to help us continue on building the Lili Ledy Guide for the vintage community. I want to take this opportunity to thank Jimmy for all his support so far and we hope to work we him again soon Smile

The reason we have Developer roles is it allows them to have their own work area to complete and the technical work needed to make the guides.

At this stage we are looking for someone who has a sound Lili Ledy Knowledge base is an active Lili Ledy collector and can give the time to writing the descriptions for the guide as well as been able to conduct research threads on the main site to gain info / support from the wider community Smile

We are also looking any extra support people can offer and all contributions’ no matter how small will be added to the credits page Smile This guide wouldn’t be possible without the support of the whole vintage community Smile

If anyone is interested in joining the team then please send me a PM

Kind regards

Jay
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010   Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 10:18 am

Just a public Thank You to Jimmy. Opening up your spot for the benefit of the site is a class act thing to do Jimbo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010   Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 10:41 am

Yes Jimmy, that was a total class act thing for you to do! Speaks highly of your character bro!

Great stuff mate!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010   Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 12:38 pm

The dev team will I am sure be constantly changing through the months and years as new projects come up and different people with different skills are needed so it was very gracious of Jimmy to give up his position for now Smile

Good luck to the next person to follow in his footsteps and I hope whoever it is can bring some good knowledge to the table (oh and hours of time giving Jay massages !)
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010   Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:15 pm

Jay i sent you a PM.

Dan. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010   Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 3:41 pm

I would say Im a pro in CS3...but the rest is " not my world".

I also do not have the time at the mo.....but chris and jay know they can always ask me to help out on "small things"

Just let me know lads Wink

Wolff
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010   Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:02 pm

thanks for the kind words guy's , well part of being on a team is knowing when you have to take a step back

just hope you find a spot for me on the team again soon

because iam missing my green name and the extra tig team bar
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010   Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 6:02 am

Well if you can use some help with the pictures, i can provide you guys some help in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, but html and BBcodes is like chinese to me.

By the way, i noticed the main imperial gunnery site still needs some updates to.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010   Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 8:10 am

Hi Guys just to update -

As Rob is leaving the hobby there are 2 dev positions that can be filled.

Im at work at the mo running training courses so ill update more tonight when im home.

Ill also reply to the PM's ive recieved later tonight as well guys Smile

Thanks for all the comments and offers to support the work on the guides and im 100% together we will be able to finished the guide Smile

Dennis your right about the main site i have new repros arriving soon and about 50 plus pictures still to add but the LL Guide taking most my time up (about 15 hours a week) at the moment so i need to thing about that as well!
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010   Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:19 am

jaymassive619 wrote:
Hi Guys just to update -

As Rob is leaving the hobby there are 2 dev positions that can be filled.

A shame, that. He will be missed. Sad
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010   Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:31 am

Sad to hear Rob is out for good, top guy. Wishing you well in the future Rob and thanks for your help on TIG - very much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010   Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:47 am

Sad to see you go Rob!

Thanks for all the help with everything! You'll be missed mate. pirat
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010   Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:58 am

I'm going to mis Rob the most,he was my Ledy buddy.

I was his biggest fan.

Where do i go now,

I feel lost,now that he is going.

Sad day indeed. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Dan.
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010   Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:59 am

Sorry to hear you're leaving Rob! Sad

Sincere best wishes for the future mate! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010   Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:03 am

I want to take this opportunity to thank Rob publicly for all his support not just with the LL Guide but all the other areas of The Imperial Gunnery where his input has been invaluable Smile

I wish Rob all the best for the future and he will always be a welcomed and valued part of this community Smile

Regarding the Dev Team im looking at different options over the weekend and im working with some of the lads via PM as well.

When the new forum was set up i made a commitment to the vintage Starwars community to create a top class Lily Ledy for every figure and that goal remains unchanged Smile The only way we will get there is by everyone working together to make it happen and all the offers of help are really appreciated so expect me to be knocking on all your doors soon for different things lol

To Wolff thanks for the offer of support buddy i want to note here and now that the main TIG weapons site and subsequently the TIG Forum would have not been possible without Wolff so to know your on hand as we work through this project is fantastic!

I hope everyone likes the new LL Page for the Tie Pilot that was my first attempt at using the advance image editing options in photoshop 4 so i hope people enjoy the results and i owe new my learning curve to Chris Smile
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010   Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Chris can you send me a link to the photoshop site you use i want to turn pro like everyone esle too not just for TIG but also for my photo's i take at the dragstrip and videos.

I have a high def 1080P camcorder do you have editing software for that too?

Dan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010   Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for 1 more TIG Developer to support the Lili Ledy Guide - 18th May 2010

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1