The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Todays "is this a______" thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tim Vader
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Tim Vader

Todays "is this a______" thread Empty
PostSubject: Todays "is this a______" thread   Todays "is this a______" thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 4:50 pm

OK, I just saw the COO guide in the interactive section of the site. Yeah, I know, its only RIGHT there! I am going through a lot of my loose figures and finding a LOT of COO variants I didnt even know I had. I have 5 of the 6 Gammorean Guards including what appears to be 2 Ledy. The COO is on the back of the right leg and one has a dark axe, with nothing on the left leg. I can post pictures if anyone cares to see.

Anyway, first up that I need verification is my Bib Fortuna. Lili or not??
The left leg appears to have LFL 83 either even or below the "K" in Hong Kong and it sprinted in the crease
Todays "is this a______" thread 7e31b1d2

I am sure I will be adding more pics as I have questions

Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Todays "is this a______" thread   Todays "is this a______" thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 5:02 pm

You cannot be serious ???

Hell Im tired!!

This is the thread where you find all you answers:
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135-lili-ledy-discussion-thread-new-with-hyperlinks-on-page-1

Thats why this thread exists...that people can study it and decide on their own!!!!

There is 700 common coos out there....so please dont start a new thread for all such COOs...please!!!

Last edited by wbobafett on Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tim Vader
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Tim Vader

PostSubject: Re: Todays "is this a______" thread   Todays "is this a______" thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 5:06 pm

Yes, I am serious. I thought the point of a message board was to ask questions and gather information. I am trying to learn about foreign variants, I do not see the issue, but thanks for your super informative post!

I have been looking at these threads, I do not plan on starting multiple threads, just asking questions about the ones I think may be foreign. I cant tell if a letter is a micrometer off of a fold the way some variant hunters can, I am just looking for a little help

Last edited by Tim Vader on Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Todays "is this a______" thread   Todays "is this a______" thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 5:07 pm

Tim Vader wrote:
Yes, I am serious. I thought the point of a message board was to ask questions and gather information. I am trying to learn about foreign variants, I do not see the issue, but thanks for your super informative post!

You are not here to learn...otherwise you would learn by reading old posts first! Wink

You are just going the easy way!
Back to top Go down
Tim Vader
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Tim Vader

PostSubject: Re: Todays "is this a______" thread   Todays "is this a______" thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 5:12 pm

I am going the easy way by digging through 100+ loose figures, comparing COO's on a new section of a board I just discovered, taking pictures of the ones I have questions about, and then posting the questions on a message board? I think the easy way would be to take a big group shot and say "pick out the good ones".

I already admitted that I do not know the site back and forth, I JUST saw the coo guide today. I am sorry if its annoying you, I am not trying to be. I am doing as much digging on my own as I can, but as I said, I am new to the variant hunting. The Luke I found 2 days ago was by accident, this is my first opportunity to actually sit down and research

Back to top Go down
Tim Vader
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Tim Vader

PostSubject: Re: Todays "is this a______" thread   Todays "is this a______" thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 5:19 pm

For what its worth, thanks for that thread. Its helping me out a lot. I hadn't seen this before

Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Todays "is this a______" thread   Todays "is this a______" thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 5:20 pm

Ill try again:

- Identifying a LL figure ONLY by its coo isnt possible (besides the few "MIM figures")!
- If you think you have a Ledy figure then go in the thread linked above and check first on your own! If the results are close or vague then post a question, of course! But Marcos thread is nearly complete and clear enough for identifying on your own.

There is maybe 1 Million HK Bib Fortunas out there......think about every guy who is out there and has one posing his question here!!

The coo guide you mentioned is NOT complete and hell there is lots of mistakes in it. Im working on a new one! If I ever had knew before what this guide would start on "Do I have a LL figure?" threads, believe me I would never have made it....I would rather have cut off my left arm!

So to say it clear:
- coo guide = bad
- Lili Ledy guide from Marco = good

edit: okay..you already found the thread...thats good!

Sorry for beeing rude...you are just the guy number 1325 with that question and you got my anger from all the guys together!

Back to top Go down
Tim Vader
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Tim Vader

PostSubject: Re: Todays "is this a______" thread   Todays "is this a______" thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 5:30 pm

No worries, I know those questions get annoying. I thought the guide was complete so I went to theboards with it.

Sorry if I came off dickish 🎅

I cant tell from that thread. I have a Taiwan and a HK bib here and they are both totally different. bleh

Good news is that I am sure the Gammorean Guards are LL, that one is pretty easy. No idea how they got mixed up into these random lots I have been buying, but they did

Last edited by Tim Vader on Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Todays "is this a______" thread   Todays "is this a______" thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 5:36 pm

check your bib for the paint details shown in the LL thread:

darkgrey armwrists, eyes, etc...

See the lining of the cape....yours is kenner cape..Ledy has white lining!
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Todays "is this a______" thread   Todays "is this a______" thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 11:41 pm

I gotta say, reading all this doesn't make a new guy wanna post a question here or feel welcome asking questions. Thanks to those who have been kind enough to respond to my lame questions without tearing my head off. I appreciate it. I've learned a lot from those responses....
-Steve
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Todays "is this a______" thread   Todays "is this a______" thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 11:50 pm

Things seem to be settled. Very Happy

Todays "is this a______" thread Hug

Tim: Great you found a Ledy Gam Guard. The same incredible lot which brought you the DT Luke?
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: Todays "is this a______" thread   Todays "is this a______" thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 11:52 pm

stevefdwyer wrote:
I gotta say, reading all this doesn't make a new guy wanna post a question here or feel welcome asking questions. Thanks to those who have been kind enough to respond to my lame questions without tearing my head off. I appreciate it. I've learned a lot from those responses....
-Steve

Agreed.

A lot of questions are redundant, we know. However, it's nice to see new threads with participation and interaction. I don't remember Professors assigning a book and expecting the class to learn without asking questions.

If nobody decides to help, the thread dies.

Please excuse us new guys for re-inventing the wheel.
Back to top Go down
Tim Vader
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Tim Vader

PostSubject: Re: Todays "is this a______" thread   Todays "is this a______" thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 12:02 am

Oddly enough, I got one LL guard from a crappy lot that I split with a buddy, it also had a scarred Macau GG in it as well, the other was sitting on my shelf protecting jabba from those damned thieving Jawa
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Todays "is this a______" thread   Todays "is this a______" thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 2:52 am

Msz124 wrote:
stevefdwyer wrote:
-Steve

Agreed.

A lot of questions are redundant, we know. However, it's nice to see new threads with participation and interaction. I don't remember Professors assigning a book and expecting the class to learn without asking questions.

If nobody decides to help, the thread dies.

Please excuse us new guys for re-inventing the wheel.

Hey guys,

now go one and repeat what you just wrote in hundreds of threads/pms/emails over years......then you might now how some of us feel. Wink

I dont wanna argue here. Fact is that the huge amount of these threads made a lot of the oldtimers go away, not posting anymore, not visting anymore, not reading anymore, etc. Does that help you?? NO!

Its not the noob questions in generell !!!
It is the amount of basically the same questions.
It is the amount of questions which can be answered even on the TOP PAGE of this section.

We (and I know Im not alone) just want you to do a little research on your own before you ask in public. Thats all!
For LL questions just go into the LL thread. For PBP questions go first into the PBP thread. There is so many questions that can be answered in just a minute with using the search function. It even saves you a lot of time because making a picture and asking in a new thread mostly needs more time!

If Tim decides to make this his question thread, go on. I would be really happy if you put all your questions into one thread. Thats a good start IMO.

Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Todays "is this a______" thread   Todays "is this a______" thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 6:58 am

I stopped asking questions and just gave up caring. I just enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Tim Vader
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Tim Vader

PostSubject: Re: Todays "is this a______" thread   Todays "is this a______" thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 7:21 am

I can understand the frustration of getting asked the same question over and over, it gets old.

My initial problem with the response was that he assumed I did nothing to try and determine the coo myself, when this was not the case. I had literally spent half an hour comparing that stupid date stamp to the one in the pic until I decided to ask. Not being as savvy with this forum as someone who has been using it for years, I did not know about that discussion thread, just as I did not know there was a pbp thread either.

Hell, till I started posting here, I didn't know about coo variants at all. I assumed (from using the coo guide) that I had at least 3 possible LL figures so I wanted to post up pics and ask questions. This thread turned almost immediately, so I just left it alone. I am positive (from the LL thread) that my guards are LL, the bib is not, and I am not even concerned with the weequay or wicket. After all the hassle, I really don't even care. I thought a cool subset might be fun to do since I working on a few LL figures anyway, but I don't know enough about the variations and I don't have 20 other examples to compare too, so I'm probably going to leave it alone.
Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Todays "is this a______" thread   Todays "is this a______" thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 8:49 am

Tim,
Dont feel bad. I got scolded as well Smile I spent hours searching the "internet" for answers. I even found a page that was in a totally different language. But I was looking at the pics. I didn't know that this site had a guide. The internet is so vast, you can only look at so much until finally you say, the hell with it and ask questions. I probably will never ask a question on here again. No offence to anyone, I will just feel timid next time.

Joe
Back to top Go down
Tim Vader
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Tim Vader

PostSubject: Re: Todays "is this a______" thread   Todays "is this a______" thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:52 am

Oh, I will still ask questions, no doubt, but I wont be COO hunting anymore. I dont think I want 500 loose figures anyway. I like my damn near complete set with major variants well enough. I can live with the few LL I am looking to buy and a few oddball pieces here and there, but I dont need 9 different variants of the same figure at the moment.

Well, maybe my Jedi Lukes, I do like those lol!
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Todays "is this a______" thread   Todays "is this a______" thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi Joe and Tim

Just my 2 cent worth but it really gets to me when I see this type of comments. I wouldn't worry to much about the opinions of a few members as I'm sure there's a lot more who don't mind all the questions. I know I don't and I'm sure there's a lot more, even if they arn't as vocal. For me this is a forum for like minded collectors to talk and learn about there hoby and the best way to learn, for me especially is by asking questions. Please don't let other members stop you from posting on the board, if every one did that then it would be pretty boring. At the end of the day if some one doesn't like what they read then they shouldn't waist there own time reading on and then replying to it.

Back to top Go down
Tim Vader
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Tim Vader

PostSubject: Re: Todays "is this a______" thread   Todays "is this a______" thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 1:58 pm

I am fine guys, we had a small disagreement and I am sure we are both well over it.

I just dont think the variant hunting thing is going to be for me because its very time consuming and honestly too damn tricky for me. I love vintage star wars, I dont know what I am going to do when I get the last 2 complete figures and 3 weapons I need to "finish" my run, I guess it will be on to droids and ewoks. Bleh.

As I said, I like to display my collection, and without having tons of room its hard to justify buying a bunch of variants that look basically the same and will likely never get, instead of just focusing on one or two characters and trying to get all of them

I picked up a few sweet Joe figures today, go check out the thread in off topic, maybe thats my next route??
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Todays "is this a______" thread   Todays "is this a______" thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 2:15 pm

Tim Vader wrote:
I am fine guys, we had a small disagreement and I am sure we are both well over it.

I just dont think the variant hunting thing is going to be for me because its very time consuming and honestly too damn tricky for me. I love vintage star wars, I dont know what I am going to do when I get the last 2 complete figures and 3 weapons I need to "finish" my run, I guess it will be on to droids and ewoks. Bleh.

As I said, I like to display my collection, and without having tons of room its hard to justify buying a bunch of variants that look basically the same and will likely never get, instead of just focusing on one or two characters and trying to get all of them

I picked up a few sweet Joe figures today, go check out the thread in off topic, maybe thats my next route??

Everyone to there own mate and that's another reason I love this hoby so much, I get to check out what everyone else id in to. I'm sure you'll stumble in to your next focus without to much trouble once you finish your loose run mate.

For me another reason behind the variant collecting is the amount of possible figures as they should keep me busy forever.
Back to top Go down
Tim Vader
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Tim Vader

PostSubject: Re: Todays "is this a______" thread   Todays "is this a______" thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 2:54 pm

Thats very true. When you are looking for an almost unending list of figures, you cant run out, lol
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Todays "is this a______" thread   Todays "is this a______" thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 3:12 pm

I'm done when I get my loose Meccano Boba Fett : ) Help me out guys : )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Todays "is this a______" thread   Todays "is this a______" thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Todays "is this a______" thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1