The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

got a weapon that looks off

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

got a weapon that looks off Empty
PostSubject: got a weapon that looks off   got a weapon that looks off I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:12 am

wondering if this one is fake or maybe belongs to a ledy or glasslite fig , i dont know

it's not shiney gold where the others are and it has a little circle simulare to some ledy weapons

what do you think

got a weapon that looks off DSC_0169-1
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: got a weapon that looks off   got a weapon that looks off I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:24 am

i had the darker one as a kid, so chances are it's clipper?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: got a weapon that looks off   got a weapon that looks off I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:28 am

The shiney gold ones belong in the bin Jimmy!! The dull one is a normal real version. Ledy has Y, S or W (check TIG Razz ) and no glasslite Reeyees (or Reeyees weapon?)
got a weapon that looks off SDC11333
ps do the drop test Jimmy Smile
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: got a weapon that looks off   got a weapon that looks off I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:30 am

so your saying the shiny one is a fake

i was affraid it was gonna be the other way around as i got two shiny's
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: got a weapon that looks off   got a weapon that looks off I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:31 am

btw explain the drop test to me because , i dont get it
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: got a weapon that looks off   got a weapon that looks off I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:35 am

It's all in the sound Jimmy, get used to the sound of your real weapons then drop the one you think is repro and if see if there is a difference.

I shall quote the very site you are posting on Wink

Quote :
What is and how do I perform the “drop test"?

Ok, let’s start with the reason this works so well in identifying repro weapons (even though it’s really rather simple)

The type of plastic used in the 70’s and 80’s to produce the Vintage figures and accessories is different to that used nowadays, therefore with a different chemical structure there are some subtle differences, including texture and sound…

The reason the “drop test” has that name is because you simply drop your weapons onto a flat surface like a table and listen to the noise it makes when it lands.

Original weapons make a significantly different sound to Repro’s, this is something you will have to take the time to learn by yourself but as a guide, reproduction weapons almost have a “hollow” lighter sound and they seem to bounce a bit more than originals.

The sound of an original weapon hitting a flat surface is a fuller sound and the normally do not bounce very much.

Last edited by Joe_O on Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: got a weapon that looks off   got a weapon that looks off I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:36 am

OK drop test is: from about 5 cms above a table drop a weapon a real one sounds like "thud" and does not bounce much, a repro will bounce more and sound more "pingy"- I know that's not a word Embarassed Also Jimmy grap a pocket knife scratch the shiney gold one (it is painted) Practice the drop test with repro grey weapons (which you know are 100% shit) you get used to that noise. Then everytime you hear it in the future you say " $@@%repro crap"
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: got a weapon that looks off   got a weapon that looks off I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:37 am

i dont even have clue of what is real or fake , guess iam gonna have to take pic's of them all
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: got a weapon that looks off   got a weapon that looks off I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:40 am

jimmymindtricks wrote:
i dont even have clue of what is real or fake , guess iam gonna have to take pic's of them all

www.imperialgunnery.com

lol!
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: got a weapon that looks off   got a weapon that looks off I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:52 am

Joe_O wrote:
jimmymindtricks wrote:

www.imperialgunnery.com

lol!

i couldent find reeyees weapon theire mate
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: got a weapon that looks off   got a weapon that looks off I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:53 am

http://www.imperialgunnery.com/theriflessection.htm scroll down Jimmy Razz
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: got a weapon that looks off   got a weapon that looks off I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:54 am

http://www.imperialgunnery.com/theriflessection.htm
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: got a weapon that looks off   got a weapon that looks off I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:55 am

LOL James - Sorry we keep posting minutes apart lol!
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: got a weapon that looks off   got a weapon that looks off I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:57 am

the one place i didnt look Suspect
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: got a weapon that looks off   got a weapon that looks off I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:59 am

Yeah Jimmy just got the double barrel rifle response lol! It does raise the question ; is it possible to change the main page/index to have pictures of all the weapons that you can click on and then it goes to all the variants & repros? Jay?
Back to top Go down
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

PostSubject: Re: got a weapon that looks off   got a weapon that looks off I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 8:14 am

jimmymindtricks wrote:

Your loose collection could be riddled with repro Jimmy! lol!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: got a weapon that looks off   got a weapon that looks off I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 8:18 am

aussiejames wrote:
Yeah Jimmy just got the double barrel rifle response lol! It does raise the question ; is it possible to change the main page/index to have pictures of all the weapons that you can click on and then it goes to all the variants & repros? Jay?

You mean like a page of thumbnails of all of the weapons in that category then when clicked the picture takes you to that weapon specifically instead of the current list format?

If so I like the idea, I have a good connection so the pictures/info doesn't take that long too load as it is but the above does sound a little easier for people to use perhaps?
Back to top Go down
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

PostSubject: Re: got a weapon that looks off   got a weapon that looks off I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 8:24 am

Does sound like a good idea, would that not be a headache for Jay though? lol!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: got a weapon that looks off   got a weapon that looks off I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 8:36 am

Joe_O wrote:

You mean like a page of thumbnails of all of the weapons in that category then when clicked the picture takes you to that weapon specifically instead of the current list format?

If so I like the idea, I have a good connection so the pictures/info doesn't take that long too load as it is but the above does sound a little easier for people to use perhaps?

Yes exactly- page of thumbnails. The pictures load up quickly for me as well but seeing a picture is sometimes easier than trying to work out " is this gold thing for Ree-yees a staff, rifle, ....?" As for giving Jay a headache that is part of my job description Razz
Back to top Go down
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

PostSubject: Re: got a weapon that looks off   got a weapon that looks off I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 8:40 am

lol! fair enough mate
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: got a weapon that looks off   got a weapon that looks off I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 8:49 am

Sure Jay won't mind constructive suggestions Smile After all the layout can has to be liked by the users not just the creator Very Happy

Besides he can always rope us all in to help Wink *Bows to the IT knowledge of RebelChris and Shawn_K* (think I got out of doing anything now LOL)
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: got a weapon that looks off   got a weapon that looks off I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 9:34 am

TBH Lads doing something like that would be almost like creating the site from scratch in fact it would be quicker to start from scratch if thats what you were trying to achive so considering how long it took me the first time im not even going there lol

The main site is going to just have the weapons only on there as all the pictures are formatted to small sizes without losing resolution so the loads times should just be seconds or instantly per page.(unless your still on dial up).

The template structure / code etc over there is also very restricting as well.

All the new guides we are working on are going to be added to the forum. A new section will be created and the threads will be locked / images protected etc. Obv users can still discuss items in the reference section that we have now. Or i may even set up the user guide as a portal page and have a button added to the top were home, messages etc are im not sure yet.

I am probably not making this clear and that's because what im talking about are currently all works in progress at the mo so nothing is finalized.

Jay
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: got a weapon that looks off   got a weapon that looks off I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:11 pm

Maybe this will work: in the introductions for each section ie rifles, can there be little pictures of all the items?
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: got a weapon that looks off   got a weapon that looks off I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 4:21 am

Yeah, would be good to somehow identify all the weapons/accessories in each section at the top of each section with a small picture of each.
I know i struggled to find the Ree Yees weapon, i just never thought of it as a rifle.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: got a weapon that looks off   got a weapon that looks off I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 5:48 am

aussiejames wrote:
Maybe this will work: in the introductions for each section ie rifles, can there be little pictures of all the items?

Tank1252 wrote:
Yeah, would be good to somehow identify all the weapons/accessories in each section at the top of each section with a small picture of each.
I know i struggled to find the Ree Yees weapon, i just never thought of it as a rifle.

If one of you 2 can right the list i.e the rifle section covers the following weapons Ree yees, dengar etc etc etc then im happy to add that in as i also have some intros from Martjin to update to the site as well. Just PM me the text you want adding.

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: got a weapon that looks off   got a weapon that looks off I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

got a weapon that looks off

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1