The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)   Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 1:43 pm

Thats a sweet piece, Soren. I love the international pieces. One day down the line when I have the extra cash I'll start diving into those. But as for the two cardbacks I got, they are Polish versions of them and your lucky to find them under $50. I got a killer deal on all the pieces I got in one big lot.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)   Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:36 am

1 year revival of an old thread: YEAH BABY Laughing

Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 SDC12146
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)   Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:59 am

Nice protos AJ. That 12" is just freaky.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)   Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:22 am

aussiejames wrote:
1 year revival of an old thread: YEAH BABY Laughing

Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 SDC12146

I'm with Chris, it's freaking me out. "SEE YOU IN YOUR NIGHTMARES!!"

Since it's 1/2 way across the globe I'll say they're cool, since they can't come find me LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)   Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:37 pm

I agree. That thing looks like it'll knife you in your sleep.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)   Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:48 pm

Ok posting here as well as requested Smile might as well add some info at the same time.

This is not Star Wars but I wanted to share it anyway since there are some GI Joe fans here.

These are Medecins Sans Frontieres by Berchet(France) in 1988. They are not well known and are rare. Not very expensive though since there are no real market for them.
They have similar body construction to Disney The Black Hole figures and GI Joe(I would say a lot more like the Black Hole figures), but I guess they can be classified as GI Joe knock offs.
The little sick black kid is more like a Star Wars figure.

They are not the same plastic as GI Joe and appear to be very fragile. The accessories that look really handy are in fact very impractical and most of them don't work even with the figures that it came with. All figures have a sticker on them which with age easily falls off, especially from the cloth.

I can imagine these are diminishing slowly because people can't find loose figures, so they buy mocs and open them.

Overall I love the line Smile

I bought a complete figure set and a vehicle and this guy was awesomely fast with shipping. Not a member here though.

Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 All10
Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 111
Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 211
Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 311
Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 411
Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 Vehicl12

The box had a serious amount of stamps, it sucks the post office placed their sticker ontop of them. I don't collect but would have loved seeing all of these lol.
Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 Box10
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)   Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:56 pm

Thanks for posting Claes.

Here's the history: Medicins Sans Frontiers (Doctors without borders) was formed in 1971 by French doctors working to help the population in war-torn Nigeria at the time. Following this they grew as an organisation and continued to go around the world to places where war, famine and natural disasters had struck. They still exist today and continue to work for humanitarian causes.

The figures you have were made to raise money for the cause - in particular for vaccines - the idea being that each figure sold equalled one vaccination. The themes of the figures were medical/rescue and featured black as well as white characters to probably reflect the different regions of the world the organisation worked in.

The company that made them - Berchet - were originally a French plastic toy company. They also still exist and today make toys for babies, a bit like the Early Learning Centre brand.

So, for me, the toys you have here are very very special! A rare chance to see toys made with some humanitarian intentions instead of just profit.

Congrats on a great set cheers
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)   Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 5:18 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Thanks for posting Claes.

Here's the history: Medicins Sans Frontiers (Doctors without borders) was formed in 1971 by French doctors working to help the population in war-torn Nigeria at the time. Following this they grew as an organisation and continued to go around the world to places where war, famine and natural disasters had struck. They still exist today and continue to work for humanitarian causes.

The figures you have were made to raise money for the cause - in particular for vaccines - the idea being that each figure sold equalled one vaccination. The themes of the figures were medical/rescue and featured black as well as white characters to probably reflect the different regions of the world the organisation worked in.

The company that made them - Berchet - were originally a French plastic toy company. They also still exist and today make toys for babies, a bit like the Early Learning Centre brand.

So, for me, the toys you have here are very very special! A rare chance to see toys made with some humanitarian intentions instead of just profit.

Congrats on a great set cheers

Thanks for that information Smile I couldn't figure it out but I did think that they where made for the original doctors without borders, but I wasn't sure. I didn't know about the vaccines but the packaging makes sense now Smile
These sure are special now and I was hoping that they where made as a good cause for the original organization. Info about these are hard to dig up.

I must admit I have a purpose for buying these, since doctor figures are rather rare, and as many others I could not find loose figures. So I had to buy mocs. Fortunately I only had to open 3 to get what I needed. So the rest will stay moc. They are very cool especially with the cloths. But they are very cheap, I do understand why Smile
Two of the male characters seem to have the same head as well.

Would you consider these a knock off to GI Joe? I'm not really sure if The Black Hole are a knock off to GI Joe as well. I have a hard time placing these. The construction is very similar but not the same. The legs on these doctors can be taken apart by a screw as you can with the Black Hole figures.

Here is what was within the vehicle box. It was already opened.
Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 Boxcon10
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)   Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 5:52 pm

Claes, I do collect stamps and it is a shame how the post offices destroy another piece of history like they do. Bad enough they take a marker and destroy them, but to place an oversized stamp/label like that over it, its sad to see.

Oh by the way, awesome looking set. And nice background story on them Paul. It is good to see something like that, as you said, for a cause and not pure profit. What does a set like that run and is it a complete set?
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)   Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 6:08 pm

I don't really know any more info on them. It looks like they released just the eight figures Claes showed and a vehicle - The backs of the mocs show eight characters and their names but not the vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)   Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 6:13 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Claes, I do collect stamps and it is a shame how the post offices destroy another piece of history like they do. Bad enough they take a marker and destroy them, but to place an oversized stamp/label like that over it, its sad to see.

Oh by the way, awesome looking set. And nice background story on them Paul. It is good to see something like that, as you said, for a cause and not pure profit. What does a set like that run and is it a complete set?

Yeah that sticker just simply sucks.

It's all figures released, but not the complete line. The figures where released with vehicles as well but it's just the same figures that where also released moc.

The figures sell from ~8$ to 20$ moc. I payed somewhere aroun 16$ each, I have no clue about the boat, but it's probably not very expensive. There is no market value on them so prices are what the one selling want pretty much and if you want them you got to pay it Smile If lucky You get them around 8$ each.

If the mailman is nice to me next week I will have something cool to show.

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)   Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:37 pm

Thanks for that. I was just wondering if they were pretty much in line with Joes or Adventure People price wise since thats what they remind me of, AP mainly.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)   Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 7:26 am

Came today Smile the playset to the above line. I dunno if I should be sad or happy. It said MIB but it really is MISB.
Normally I would like that but I wanted it for display and the accessories. Now I dunno what to do :?:

The playset seems to be worth 5 vaccines and the Vehicle 3.

Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 Tent10
Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 Tent110
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)   Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 8:30 am

That is sweet! Keep it boxed imo, it looks cool as a display piece and there's probably not many - if any at all - still sealed.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)   Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 8:51 am

Artoo_Detour wrote:
That is sweet! Keep it boxed imo, it looks cool as a display piece and there's probably not many - if any at all - still sealed.

Thanks Smile
Yeah I know that's whats bothering me, finding a loose one is impossible maybe because no one knows about them, and I don't see finding another or money for another for a very long time. I don't know how many MISB there are left. Anyone got one here? Would help a lot to know Smile
I got to think on it a little, I really mostly wanted it for display, not MISB display and the accessories for some photos I'm taking.

This really grinds my gears lol
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)   Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 5:08 pm

Ok I did investigate a lot further under magnification and I can't really tell if the tape was new or not. MISB isn't my area, it looked just like it should in my eyes, the tape did however come off way to easy. Very sticky glue under that had not dried up makes me believe it was new and it did not pull the paint. The contents in the box where unopened, 2 sealed baggies, a sealed figure and an unpunched tent. Which makes me wonder if it was opened or not. No idea but it makes it a bit easier on my mind thinking that it was Smile Possible that the bags are new, I don't know.

Judging by what was in the box I can imagine why these are so rare. Unfortunately some things even in sealed bags where broken, this plastic is very very fragile hard plastic and even though it springsback into position the break point is low.

I really didn't see this one coming, I was expecting a plastic piece of tent, but it's not, the tent is actually paper and the windows are punched out. The picture on the front of the box is painted and not a photo. It looks like a photo at range as is very well done. Being that the majority of the tents outer structure is paper except a couple of parts these must have been very vulnerable to pretty much everything.

Here are some pictures before I opened what I had too.

The outer tent paper
Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 Tent12

The tent structure plastic and for some reason the cloth is in there as well.
Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 Tent_c11

contents
Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 Tent_c12

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)   Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 6:31 pm

Why does Queens song Another one bites the dust keep popping up in my head? lol! Glad to see it arrive, but I do have to agree with Paul on keeping it sealed, but I can see why you opened it, for the pix. Hopefully another will turn up so you can ended up with a sealed on to display with it.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)   Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 7:11 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Why does Queens song Another one bites the dust keep popping up in my head? lol! Glad to see it arrive, but I do have to agree with Paul on keeping it sealed, but I can see why you opened it, for the pix. Hopefully another will turn up so you can ended up with a sealed on to display with it.

A fitting song, I should have run it while opening it lol. I'm not a MISB collector but I do hope that if this really was MISB and not just resealed that it was not the last one Smile
I guess I can share one of the pics, got a bit grany so think I will have to take a better one Smile

I haven't opened the whole thing btw, I just opened one accessory bag except the tape that I am unsure of. I don't really feel like punching out those windows, sadly though the tent paper have taken damage somehow.

Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 Doctor10
Back to top Go down
Tommy_Garvey
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Tommy_Garvey

PostSubject: Re: Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)   Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:09 pm

Here are a couple of mine:

Original art to Weapon X #1 by Adam Kubert. This was a MAJOR grail piece for me, since it was my favorite cover growing up, and the Age of Apocalypse is still the best storyline Marvel's ever done IMO.

Wolverine #70 Old Man Logan DPS: Old Man Logan was probably my favorite storyline SINCE the AoA, and this was my favorite page(s) from it. This is the big storyline reveal for why Wolverine is a passivist in the future. There is an incredible amount of competition for OML stuff, so to grab (arguably) the best pages from it was huge for me.

Hardcopy Toy Biz Rogue 2up. This one's from the "Monster Armor" series, but it's actually an unproduced version of Rogue in her Age of Apocalypse gear. The produced toy has a different sculpt, although this is the exact photo sample shown on the front of the cardback.

I actually focus on Age of Apocalypse stuff. It's amazing how many items were released for that storyline. Everything from wall banners to pogs and back again.

Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://theswca.com/hobbyarchive/index.html
Boomstick66
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Boomstick66

PostSubject: Re: Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)   Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 4:00 pm

I picked up some DUNE toys; Sardaukar Warrior, Sand Crawler, Sand Tracker, Sand Roller all carded and a Fremen Tarpel Gun boxed. I loved the movie since I was a kid but never owned any of the toys.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)   Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 1:08 pm

Bought this one a week back. I really need help with it if anyone here got any experience with x-changers lines. It's the yellow figure.
I figured it was an X-Changer by the design but I didn't know it would be this hard to track the sucker down.
By the looks of it, it looks exactly like Skywing from X-Changers BattleHawks but with a different paint job. Parts fit between the figures and even mold marks are the same.

Iron Lance is just there for comparison. It's the only one I could compare too, I've sold my cosmic cowboys and had to put some parts together, it's Iron Jaws feet.
Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 Yxchan10
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)   Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 6:56 am

Here is a rare one for this type of toy.
A Trash Head Spitball. A GPK inspired gross ball. It was banned in almost all places for obvious reasons. Like a lot of these balls are Evil or Very Mad
This one is Pickaload Pete.
Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 002-9
Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 003-8
Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 004-8
First carded one I have got my hands on after looking for a while. I won a full set a while back off Oz eBay, but they never showed. Crying or Very sad Which was a big bummer because I was really digging them. Anyway I managed to nab a loosey a while later...which I have been quite content with.
This one is Katy Cutup
Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 007-7

Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 Trashheads
That's the set I ended up missing out on.

Now this one has shown up I want a set of MOC again Razz If you guys ever see any, I will pay pretty well for them. Cool
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)   Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 7:19 am

Stoned Steve must have been head of design & marketing Laughing
Katy cutup just what every 4 year old wants lol!
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)   Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 7:36 am

Quote :
Stoned Steve must have been head of design & marketing
Katy cutup just what every 4 year old wants

Bit out there. Makes you wonder how they even made it off the drawing board lol!

Tommy_Garvey wrote:
Here are a couple of mine:

Original art to Weapon X #1 by Adam Kubert. This was a MAJOR grail piece for me, since it was my favorite cover growing up, and the Age of Apocalypse is still the best storyline Marvel's ever done IMO.

Wolverine #70 Old Man Logan DPS: Old Man Logan was probably my favorite storyline SINCE the AoA, and this was my favorite page(s) from it. This is the big storyline reveal for why Wolverine is a passivist in the future. There is an incredible amount of competition for OML stuff, so to grab (arguably) the best pages from it was huge for me.

Hardcopy Toy Biz Rogue 2up. This one's from the "Monster Armor" series, but it's actually an unproduced version of Rogue in her Age of Apocalypse gear. The produced toy has a different sculpt, although this is the exact photo sample shown on the front of the cardback.

I actually focus on Age of Apocalypse stuff. It's amazing how many items were released for that storyline. Everything from wall banners to pogs and back again.

Tommy

Missed this post. Never got into comics much, but have always loved the artwork.
Those are some neat pages. That two page spread will look ace framed up. Lot's of key characters there, and your grail cover is pretty awesome also.
You must be stoked grabbing a couple of pieces you have really wanted...especially the grail piece, Tommy. Congrats man. Cool
Back to top Go down
Tommy_Garvey
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Tommy_Garvey

PostSubject: Re: Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)   Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 4:49 am

Josh wrote:

Missed this post. Never got into comics much, but have always loved the artwork.
Those are some neat pages. That two page spread will look ace framed up. Lot's of key characters there, and your grail cover is pretty awesome also.
You must be stoked grabbing a couple of pieces you have really wanted...especially the grail piece, Tommy. Congrats man. Cool

Thanks! Yeah, I was pretty happy to finally track down the cover. Turns out the artist had kept it all these years, so it went right from his hands into mine. Pretty sweet!

I actually already got the Wolverine DPS framed:
DPS framed
I framed it next to the prelim for the page, and the published version. I think it turned out nicely.

Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://theswca.com/hobbyarchive/index.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)   Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latest Non Star Wars Related Collectable Purchases! (not including groceries)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next