The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vintage lot, your adventures into this please....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

Vintage lot, your adventures into this please.... Empty
PostSubject: Vintage lot, your adventures into this please....   Vintage lot, your adventures into this please.... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 7:02 pm

i got my first vintage lot today, i bought a small one, 7 figures. snowtrooper, ig 88, 4 lom , zuckuss, bobba, yoda and stormie

i got mixed results, for the price, i cant complain. the yoda i got is pretty solid and complete and just a few tiny rubs, the shirt is a little bit used but considering a standalone purchase he pretty much pays up the lot by himself.

the worse was zuckuss who had a torn coat which did not show in the picture of course.... i also have weapons for all of them so they technically are complete and the weapons "could" repay for the entire lot if i would seel them since they are in high demand...

thats my latest vintage purchase i got form fleabay.

any interesting stories?.....

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot, your adventures into this please....   Vintage lot, your adventures into this please.... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 7:13 pm

budspencer wrote:
zuckuss who had a torn coat

Zuckuss with a cape :scratch: I know 4LOM & Zuckuss were named incorrectly but after 30 years their 'wrong' names are now correct Razz

I have bought many incomplete lots & truthfully this is not the smartest/cost effective way to do things. But I do remember once buying 2 huge lots of vehicles, one from the UK , the other from the US. Postage costs were crazy but by pure luck the 2 lots made up all the vehicles perfectly.
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot, your adventures into this please....   Vintage lot, your adventures into this please.... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:00 pm

aussiejames wrote:
budspencer wrote:
zuckuss who had a torn coat

Zuckuss with a cape :scratch: I know 4LOM & Zuckuss were named incorrectly but after 30 years their 'wrong' names are now correct Razz

I have bought many incomplete lots & truthfully this is not the smartest/cost effective way to do things. But I do remember once buying 2 huge lots of vehicles, one from the UK , the other from the US. Postage costs were crazy but by pure luck the 2 lots made up all the vehicles perfectly.

my bad i always mix up who's on first..if you know what i mean ahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Tim Vader
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Tim Vader

PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot, your adventures into this please....   Vintage lot, your adventures into this please.... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:57 am

Interesting stories? See my entire collection! No, seriously, I bought nothing but lots and made a complete set of all 79, split a second set with a friend, and had a few hundred extras as well. I got a blue snag, VC jawa, and 5 POTF figures for about 600 bucks (add about 400 for Bretts collection too). You just have to spend a lot of time checking ebay constantly looking at every misfit lot that you can find looking for the "right" lots.

My "best" lot was a C-3po case with 54 figures. The auction stated it had some weapons, but no pics. I won it for about 60 bucks, and almost every figure was complete. It also came with a complete 15" chewbacca, 2 biker scouts in the box, and a TON of GI Joe weapons. Quite the score for rolling the dice!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot, your adventures into this please....   Vintage lot, your adventures into this please.... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 12:05 pm

My best adventure was a huge lot from Texas that had a Blue Snag, a couple Ledys, 2 vader head cases, and a few vinyl cases in it, one of the cases was the rare ESB one to boot. Around 100 figures if I remember right and 90% complete. The thing that stood out in it was a white headress Teebo, never seen one before. Was told it was nothing but deteriated plastic. Cool. Few years later down the road a bagged sample one turns up and alls good now with it. Too bad I sold it and a carded one off before the bagged sample turned up. All in all a very good $400 deal off Ebay.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage lot, your adventures into this please....   Vintage lot, your adventures into this please.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage lot, your adventures into this please....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1