The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update Empty
PostSubject: OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update   OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 8:03 pm

Not sure if you guys saw this - http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB40&Number=4685976&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Quote :
Private Messages - When importing the private messages into VBulletin we found out that EVERY PM you've sent, whether you opted to keep it or not, is placed in your Sent Mail box. This means that a large percentage of users are going to be over their PM quota and won't be able to send or receive messages. We recommend you immediately download your PMs (an option in VB) and clean out your sent items box.

The new board will have a 250 message limit which considering RS had no limit before will be a pretty shitty change to get used to but unless people speak up about it and offer suggestions on the thread it won't change.

Make sure you download your current messages for your own records before the update as you risk losing a bundle of interesting/important messages.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update   OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 8:37 pm

Mine needed a good clean out. About 700 messages in it. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update   OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 8:52 pm

Try 2k+ Rolling Eyes

I don't mind so much backing up my old messages but one thing I always liked about RS is that the messages were always there, over years and years.

Oh well, end of an era with amazingly large inboxes..I hope at least they up the limit to 500.
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update   OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 11:09 pm

Saw this earlier Joe. I started playing around with downloading my 1500 odd messages using the options on the new site. What did you find as the most reliable(readable) option of doing it Joe?
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update   OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 6:09 am

I downloaded as a text file as the others were both web based thingies, one just looks like a complete tonne of utter crap (code) but the txt file saves as a notepad file, which has no width limit unfortunately but it did neatly store them in date order (earliest first)
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update   OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 6:23 am

Cheers Joe, that option was the only one i didn't play with. I gave up after stuffing around with the others for a while. I'll give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update   OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 6:37 am

No problem, annoyingly it seems that no-one else (even if they are bothered) will post on that thread to at least get the pm limit to 500, kinda fighting an uphill battle if I am the only voice Laughing
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update   OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 8:03 am

Tank1252 wrote:
Saw this earlier Joe. I started playing around with downloading my 1500 odd messages...

Oh, thank God someone has more messages than me. I have 1460 to sift through so know I don't feel as bad, lol
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update   OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:04 pm

How do you go about backing up your messages? Where do you go to save them? I can't find any function to save them to another place. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update   OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 7:22 pm

You can only do it from the new site (which is down again now as testing is done).
I suggest it's the 1st thing you do on the new sites launch on Friday. All your old pm's should be there.
Go to the PM page & you'll see an option at the bottom to download your PM's from the old site (3 alternatives on how to do it, 2 web based & 1 text based).
If you have more than 250 messages, you will not be able to receive any new pm's on the new site until you clear some space.

Now, i have a question re the closing of the existing site, is 12 midnight Wednesday EST in 4.5 hours or a day & 4.5 hours? Damn time differences screwing with my head!!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update   OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 7:35 pm

Tim, it would be a day and 4 1/2 hours, mate. Right now its Tuesday over here, 6:35 pm for me, 2 hours less on the West Coast.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update   OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 11:00 pm

So what's the address to the new site that is temporarily down until it is back Friday? This shit is confusing! I never got to see the new set-up. Does it look cool?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update   OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 6:02 am

Well the 'new' site still has bugs, I tried a search &

" Database error
The Rebelscum.com Forums database has encountered a problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the forum.rebelscum.com home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.

The forum.rebelscum.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience. "
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update   OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 6:14 am

Search is screwy fo'sure.
Anyone found out how to display more than a few threads at a time on each page. I've found a way to increase the number of posts displayed per page, but not the threads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update   OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OT: Important- back up your RS inbox/outbox before the update

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1