The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I took a UZAY gamble!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

I took a UZAY gamble! Empty
PostSubject: I took a UZAY gamble!   I took a UZAY gamble! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:59 am

as the title says i took a gamble and if it doesnt work out there is no great loss,here's the link:
http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/VINTAGE-STAR-WARS-UZAY-PROTOTYPE-DARTH-VADER-LIMBS-RARE-/390338755130?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae200ba3a

it was listed as VINTAGE STAR WARS UZAY PROTOTYPE DARTH VADER LIMBS RARE
could this be true? is it Uzay to begin with? no expert so insight would be much appreciated Very Happy
if so what would be its estimated value?

thanks a lot Wink
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: I took a UZAY gamble!   I took a UZAY gamble! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 12:18 pm

Those are just extra limbs some call prototypes. They are like the Polish sprues that pop up from time to time, which I think these are, but not 100% sure on that. Never had any Uzay parts like that. And if they are Polish, I'd say $20-30 for the limbs $60 with the torso and head complete. If its Uzay, not sure.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: I took a UZAY gamble!   I took a UZAY gamble! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 12:24 pm

thanks for the info there;)
i tried comparing the sprue pic with a pic of an UZAY vader and the shape of the boot seems to be the same.
arent polish vader leggs different in mold sculpt?
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: I took a UZAY gamble!   I took a UZAY gamble! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 12:27 pm

Your right on that. I didnt closly look at the details. So most likely they are Uzay. All I seen was the sprue at first. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: I took a UZAY gamble!   I took a UZAY gamble! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 12:31 pm

That's pretty cool, I hope it works out for you Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: I took a UZAY gamble!   I took a UZAY gamble! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 2:13 pm

As mentioned above this is mere leftover limbs on sprues. A ton of these along with AtAt Driver torsos and limbs were brought back from Turkey years ago in a large lot that included a ton of carded figures as well. I've even seen AFA graded AtAt Driver limbs/torso set that was listed as "prototype" but they are not. Still a good find though. I have the Vader limbs, AtAt Driver limbs and torso so I can tell you that what you got is good.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: I took a UZAY gamble!   I took a UZAY gamble! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 2:34 pm

I don't know a ton about these Uzay Sprues, but they seem to be in decent supply, far more than actual finished Uzay figures. I frequently see this and the AT-AT Driver limbs on a sprue. As to why there are so many of these extra parts laying around, I have no idea. From what I've seen, the Vader sprue typically goes for $25-$50. I'm not sure why they're so cheap either.

From all that I have seen, these are totally legitimate, and are widely accepted as such in the collecting community.

Either way, I think they are totally awesome! And that's a sweet score Bjorn! I have yet to add one, I keep missing out.

But I think they're just really cool pieces. Congrats man! It's definitely a cool piece to get your hands on!
Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: I took a UZAY gamble!   I took a UZAY gamble! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 3:46 pm

thats great new guys thanks for the info Very Happy
could i be aible to find the torso and head to make a complete overstock vader?
not assembleing him ofcourse Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: I took a UZAY gamble!   I took a UZAY gamble! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 4:11 pm

They are for sure the ultimate spare parts Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: I took a UZAY gamble!   I took a UZAY gamble! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 8:38 pm

I havent seen a complete set yet for Vader. This is all Ive seen pop up was the limb.

Steven, I've seen that AT AT Driver your talking about. Things been up for years now. I was actually thinking about it when I was focusing on the Driver, but pass because of the price.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: I took a UZAY gamble!   I took a UZAY gamble! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 12:06 am

Chris_J wrote:
I havent seen a complete set yet for Vader. This is all Ive seen pop up was the limb.

Steven, I've seen that AT AT Driver your talking about. Things been up for years now. I was actually thinking about it when I was focusing on the Driver, but pass because of the price.

As far as Vader goes, I've only seen the limbs, no torso. Yea, the AtAt Driver stuff has been on Ebay for a long time, some really rediculous prices going on.

Oh, love your avatar by the way... Captian f#$&ing Spaulding! Did you know that Sid Haig (Captian Spaulding's) first movie appearance was in Lucas's THX1138? I figure you'd like the irony.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: I took a UZAY gamble!   I took a UZAY gamble! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 12:43 am

Never knew that about Sid, gotta get that movie now. and thank you. Took awhile to find a good one of him. Was trying for a movie poster of the Devils Rejects, but couldnt find one I liked
Back to top Go down
rubberlike
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
rubberlike

PostSubject: Re: I took a UZAY gamble!   I took a UZAY gamble! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 1:18 am

Even though the limbs are broken, that is a great price. I paid $25 for my broken sprue and $50 for a mint sprue. As others have said, these vader limbs and at-at driver parts are the ONLY common uzay items and as far as I know, all steele molds are in a private collection but zero true prototypes are known to exist. Anyone that lists an overstock part as a prototype is either plain wrong or lying.
Back to top Go down
http://wencl.org
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: I took a UZAY gamble!   I took a UZAY gamble! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 10:59 am

rebojazz wrote:

Oh, love your avatar by the way... Captian f#$&ing Spaulding! Did you know that Sid Haig (Captian Spaulding's) first movie appearance was in Lucas's THX1138? I figure you'd like the irony.

Not trying to jack the thread by I laughed my ass off the first time I saw THX1138 and Sid Haig - obviously after I saw him as Captain Spaulding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I took a UZAY gamble!   I took a UZAY gamble! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I took a UZAY gamble!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1