The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Princess Leia Blaster Original or Fake?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
scovell001
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

Princess Leia Blaster Original or Fake? Empty
PostSubject: Princess Leia Blaster Original or Fake?   Princess Leia Blaster Original or Fake? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 12:40 pm

Hi to all on the forum (and thank you for your help previously)

I purchased a Priness Leia Organa from ebay very recently from Dr Kenobi the listing was 260819254587. The figure was in excellent condition, and the cape was definitely original, however the gun is 'very odd'. Is it a repro, or is it an original thats seen some action?

These pictures look like the gun is grey on my screen, however the colour is very similar to the V1 blaster posted on the main website. If you look at the image from a distance you can kind of make out the circle on the magazine and the criss cross pattern on the butt, albeit kinda worn.

Thank you for taking the time to look:

Princess Leia Blaster Original or Fake? _DSC0429

Princess Leia Blaster Original or Fake? Leia%20blaster%202

Princess Leia Blaster Original or Fake? Leia%20blaster%201
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Princess Leia Blaster Original or Fake?   Princess Leia Blaster Original or Fake? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 1:50 pm

I am no expert but it looks like the repro V2 in the weapon guide just the wrong color.

http://www.imperialgunnery.com/princessleiablasters.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
scovell001
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Princess Leia Blaster Original or Fake?   Princess Leia Blaster Original or Fake? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 2:34 pm

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, thats what I was thinking

ATTENTION ALL EBAYER'S - AVOID DR KENOBI, fake weapons & items not as described.

*Edit* Dr Kenobi has contacted me & offered a refund to the value of the cost of a replacement blaster. Take this as you will, however, my thoughts are that is should be the 'real deal' in the 1st place!
Back to top Go down
scovell001
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Costablanca Star Wars - Can you Believe It   Princess Leia Blaster Original or Fake? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 6:34 am

Based on what you've read above, by a sheer case of bad luck (& what turned out not to be), I purchased another original vintage blaster from ebay. Subsequently, I search this & other forums and thought, 'Oh no, what have I done!!!'.

Expecting the 'bait & switch routine', today, from Spain (recorded delivery) arrived said ebay purchased blaster from Costablanca Star Wars. And guess what? Yes, unless I'm very much mistaken, its a real one, and it actually arrived in a timely manor, I nearly fell off my seat!!!

A hi-res scan of the V2 Blue/Black blaster is below, which also floats in water.

Princess Leia Blaster Original or Fake? Leia%20Organa%20Blaster%20v2

& here's a recent scan I did of the repro blaster mentioned at the beginning of this post compared to 2 V1 blasters:
Princess Leia Blaster Original or Fake? Leia%20blaster%20comparison
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Princess Leia Blaster Original or Fake?   Princess Leia Blaster Original or Fake? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 2:02 pm

There really getting better these repo shit Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Princess Leia Blaster Original or Fake?   Princess Leia Blaster Original or Fake? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Princess Leia Blaster Original or Fake?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1