The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ??????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ?????? Empty
PostSubject: new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ??????   new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ?????? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 5:52 pm

gonna start with the lili ledy gam. guard

been checking the ledy guids for the gam guard as i thought i found an example

and this one having a unique coo as far as lili ledy , i fig it would be an open and shut case

guess again , i thought i found a pic somewhere that there are two variations of the ledy gg

but can find it anymore :scratch:

also the ledy gg is suppose to be a darker green skin color , but this one is def grey and nowhere near green

so is this a ledy if not , what is it , iam assuming its ledy , but would like some comfermation

here are some pics and a link to the gam guard in the tig ledy guide

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/h35-tig-lili-ledy-guide-gamorrean-guard

new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ?????? CSC_0646

comp shot , to show ya how grey it actualy is

new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ?????? CSC_0645

second i found a new white chirpa (presummed to be connected to palitoy moc, not sure about that tho )

i had have confirmed that the left on is a def white chirpa , wel the new one is just as white and has another coo
dont know if this is a known fact or no fact at all , i just seems to me that the white chirpa , was made in more then one mold

lmk
new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ?????? CSC_0644

thanks for any info/input you have , hoping AJ and wolf will chimm in here

jimmy

Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ?????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ??????   new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ?????? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:40 pm

Nice finds! I love that gamorrean guard no matter if the case of discoloration or a variant Smile not gonna start anything like that here. But it looks just awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ??????   new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ?????? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:48 pm

There are 4 different COO for the white fur Chirpa Smile
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ??????   new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ?????? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:57 pm

aussiejames wrote:
There are 4 different COO for the white fur Chirpa Smile

THANK YOU , cheers
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ??????   new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ?????? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 7:06 pm

Rawlin wrote:
Nice finds! I love that gamorrean guard no matter if the case of discoloration or a variant Smile not gonna start anything like that here. But it looks just awesome.

imo , its a fact that the coo for the ll gg is unique ,
it sais so in the tig ledy guide Very Happy so we can agree on that , (iam not saying we are aguing here Rolling Eyes )

and ive seen a pic that shows the coo , but with the copyright logo being in a nice round circel with the c in it
and another , with had the copyright circle looking like it was pushe do nit side , with a not so nice looking c in it

this one here doesnt have the copyright logo at all just a raized circle

so , if this is a ledy , looking at the coo , then imo its a varition to the other two

but i would like to hear from some of the ledy collectors if its a ledy or not , because in my collection its a new variation already

if the color is faded , i dont mind , because i think its cool the way he stands out between the others i have

where are you wolf

Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ??????   new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ?????? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 7:11 pm

jimmymindtricks wrote:
Rawlin wrote:

imo , its a fact that the coo for the ll gg is unique ,
it sais so in the tig ledy guide Very Happy so we can agree on that , (iam not saying we are aguing here Rolling Eyes )

and ive seen a pic that shows the coo , but with the copyright logo being in a nice round circel with the c in it
and another , with had the copyright circle looking like it was pushe do nit side , with a not so nice looking c in it

this one here doesnt have the copyright logo at all just a raized circle

so , if this is a ledy , looking at the coo , then imo its a varition to the other two

but i would like to hear from some of the ledy collectors if its a ledy or not , because in my collection its a new variation already

if the color is faded , i dont mind , because i think its cool the way he stands out between the others i have

where are you wolf

I agree with you, It was never the coo I was referring too, but the color of the pants on the legs. It does however look slightly different in a few places. It looks really cool anyhow.

Just want to add I am not sure at all, it could just be worn down to look like that. I've never seen anything like that one before.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ??????   new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ?????? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 8:38 pm

The 'smudged' copyright symbol can aso be found on LL Yoda but I think this is a manufacturing error & the same mold. I'll look at my Gam guards another day Smile

old thread re white fur Chirpa : http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t705p15-origin-of-the-white-chief-chirpa?highlight=white+fur

the 'grey' gam guard maybe discolouration : http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/STAR-WARS-VINTAGE-Gamorrean-Guard-Lili-Ledy-MIM-C7-C8-/130559875329?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e65f99901

Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ??????   new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ?????? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 10:50 am

Very cool pictures jimmy thanks for the information Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ??????   new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ?????? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 2:26 pm

i dont know about the color

ive seen full discolorations where i thought , its not possible but still it was , but on this fig , the paint undernieth the the brown paint of the pants is exactly the same , but logicly thinking , that part didnt have the same time of exposer to the sun like the legs

anyway , what ever it is , verry happy with it , also does it look like it was ever a greenish color

not to me , but hey , like i said ive seen the strangest fades on fig that , i guess i'l never be sure
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ??????   new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ?????? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 3:35 pm

No idea, I've seen some strange stuff myself since I joined the forum. It's cool anyway. All the other colors seem to be correct.
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ??????   new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ?????? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 4:23 pm

Sun or no sun it is very cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ??????   new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ?????? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:54 pm

pomse2001 wrote:
Sun or no sun it is very cool Very Happy
agreed, but we do need to remember degredation is not only caused by sunlight/ UV(other environmental factors are chemicals, kids' spit & :silent: , gases- smoke etc ) Figures & MOCs can change colour stored in a box out of sunlight- it's just old age and the plastic breaking down.
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ??????   new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ?????? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:36 am

true that
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ??????   new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ?????? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 12:49 pm

Hey Jimmy,

That is an interesting figure you got there. It would fit nicely in the scheme of things.

COO

Dr Dengar wrote:

Maybe Ledy used plastics with a slightly different composition and/or applied process conditions rendering the plastic less rigid at the time point of removing the mould. This is just plain speculation off course but it would fit nicely with similar observations of small deformations on the COOs of other Ledy figures such as Yoda and Gamorrean Guard.

Ledy Yoda. Note the warped ©️.
new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ?????? YodaC

Two Ledy Gamorrean Guards. Note the deformed ©️ on the right figure.
new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ?????? IMG_3394

I suppose there is only one COO for the Ledy Gam Guard. Besides there can be small differences for this COO - like the ones shown above and yours - due to batch to batch processing/plastic variations.

Colour

Dr Dengar wrote:
My 5 cents:

Some paint colours are produced by a combination of different pigments: green (yelow+blue), orange (red+yellow), purple (red+blue). .Each pigment within a paint has a different vulnerability towards chemical degradation and degradation by UV/visible light (photobleaching).

So during time, the absolute and relative amounts of the pigments in a paint will change, causing:
  • a less intense colour (fading)
  • a different colour

This little theory is not the absolute truth, but at least it can explain a lot of the observed colour changes within figures. That's why I like to stick to it unless someone comes with a better theory. Very Happy
  • green (=yellow + blue) to blue (Prune Face limbs): yellow fades away, blue remains.
  • orange (=red + yellow) to yellow (Boba Fett patches): red fades away, yellow remains
  • brown (= red + yellow + blue) to green (Chewbacca limbs, Yoda snake): red fades away, yellow + blue = green remains : GREEN LIMBS + GREEN SNAKE
  • dark blue to light blue (Boba Fett limbs): blue fades away
  • .... and many other examples, I am sure

A green colour is a combination of yellow and blue pigments. In case the yellow pigments fade (by light or chemical degradation), the blue pigments start to '''overrule", so you end up with a more blueish green. That is exactly what you see with your Gam Guard.

Tell me what you think, it is good to have some discussion about this topic here.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ??????   new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ?????? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 12:53 pm

jimmymindtricks wrote:

where are you wolf

Same question here.

Hey Wolff buddy, don't be a stranger and pls chime in now and then. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ??????   new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ?????? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:17 pm

first of all thank you marco , for that pic , thats the one i was talking about

also the rest you dug up , i dont think this needs any discussion as i think your right on the money

and i now am surthen its a ledy

thanks alot Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ??????   new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ?????? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new found coo variations for the ledy gam.gaurd and white chief chirpa ??????

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1