The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Threaded Limbs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

Threaded Limbs Empty
PostSubject: Threaded Limbs   Threaded Limbs I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 4:00 am

Thought i better post this, be aware there are figures appearing (i ended up with 2) with thread wound around the armpits or the tops of legs where it can be used to make limbs appear tighter than they really are, closer scrutiny advised in those usual loose areas.

If your unsure what i mean by thread (for the sake of all languages) - this stuff ...

Threaded Limbs S_cotton_reel1
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

Threaded Limbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threaded Limbs   Threaded Limbs I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 4:04 am

Good thread!!!!!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Threaded Limbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threaded Limbs   Threaded Limbs I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 4:19 am

Dental floss is used as well Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

Threaded Limbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threaded Limbs   Threaded Limbs I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 7:13 am

Cobra... Who was the seller that commit this crime???
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

Threaded Limbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threaded Limbs   Threaded Limbs I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:27 am

Im not even sure where my 2 came from, Ebay possibly - i was going thru some of my Ledy and 2 of them had it on the arms, i didnt notice until i was photographing them and it showed up on the enlarged images.
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

Threaded Limbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threaded Limbs   Threaded Limbs I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:33 am

Shocked I better get checking my figures for thread Laughing
I was thinking how do you make the figures limbs tighter as I have a couple that are very loose. I was thinking glue LOL as the figures in question are not very good. But for display purposes I might bused some thread myself.
Back to top Go down
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

Threaded Limbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threaded Limbs   Threaded Limbs I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:44 am

I had a minty Luke Farmboy turn up once with white putty all around his neck, it was the China COO so I expected a loose head but the seller tried to fill the gaps with what looked like a white Blu Tack! lol!
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

Threaded Limbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threaded Limbs   Threaded Limbs I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:57 am

chazgreentooth wrote:
I had a minty Luke Farmboy turn up once with white putty all around his neck, it was the China COO so I expected a loose head but the seller tried to fill the gaps with what looked like a white Blu Tack! lol!
Thats unbelieveable! Its such an obvious fix you where bound to find it! Its like glueing a figures head back on upside down and trying to pass that off Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

Threaded Limbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threaded Limbs   Threaded Limbs I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 12:03 pm

Yeh its a bit underhand, even though it seems to tighten the limbs, for your own loose yes i can image why someone would do it, so just beware or ask for close up photos of Ebay sales, or even go through your own collection looking for it.
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

Threaded Limbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threaded Limbs   Threaded Limbs I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:06 am

Lol, i've heard that done before to tighten loose limbs. Strangely enough the guy who last mentioned it to me on RS said his were Ledy's too....
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

Threaded Limbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threaded Limbs   Threaded Limbs I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 9:26 am

Cobra_UK wrote:
Yeh its a bit underhand, even though it seems to tighten the limbs, for your own loose yes i can image why someone would do it, so just beware or ask for close up photos of Ebay sales, or even go through your own collection looking for it.
Sound advice which I will definatley take on board. Thanks
Back to top Go down
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

Threaded Limbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threaded Limbs   Threaded Limbs I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 12:25 pm

I think it would be a real tough one to spot even with more/better pictures, just a luck of the draw problem I reckon. I just avoid a seller I have never dealt with before unless I know someone who has. I know its hard to resist that crazy variant figure and sometimes its the only one in existence frame of mind that kicks in. lol!
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

Threaded Limbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threaded Limbs   Threaded Limbs I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:54 pm

Thats my main weakness. If I see something forsale I think its the only one that will comne by and so I buy it straight away instead of waiting and getting a better one.
Back to top Go down
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

Threaded Limbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threaded Limbs   Threaded Limbs I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm

I am also guilty, most gambles are worth it if you don't mind a dispute every now and again when it goes wrong lol!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Threaded Limbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threaded Limbs   Threaded Limbs I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 5:27 pm

Ronniebiggs wrote:
Thats my main weakness. If I see something forsale I think its the only one that will comne by and so I buy it straight away instead of waiting and getting a better one.

Unless you are buying pre production Andy, nothing you will see on ebay will be the only one. - Patience is key Smile
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

Threaded Limbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threaded Limbs   Threaded Limbs I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 5:26 am

Joe_O wrote:
Ronniebiggs wrote:

Unless you are buying pre production Andy, nothing you will see on ebay will be the only one. - Patience is key Smile
I need to USE THE FORCE Laughing and stop myself before I bankrupt my self. I think I have done enough buying for this month so I will use restraint when buying again. One thing I do regret though is letting a LL stormy go for £19. O well it may have had threaded limbs anyway lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Threaded Limbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threaded Limbs   Threaded Limbs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Threaded Limbs

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1