The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is this R2 Ledy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Is this R2 Ledy? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this R2 Ledy?   Is this R2 Ledy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 8:54 am

aussiejames wrote:
Dr Dengar wrote:

Jase: Has your R2 the same COO as the hard plastic COO in my pic (middle figure)?
they are different, Copyright is much closer

LOL, I meant this one. I thought this was Rawlin's former R2 that was sold to Jase.

Is this R2 Ledy? - Page 2 Dscn3890r

The R2 below indeed has a a different COO with the (c) closer to the trademark. Is this your figure as well Jase?

Is this R2 Ledy? - Page 2 Dsc02630
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Is this R2 Ledy?   Is this R2 Ledy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 9:10 am

So what we have now:

COO
  • Hong Kong: (c) at close distance to GMFI 1977
  • Hong Kong: (c) at further distance to GMFI 1977
  • no COO: (c) at close distance to GMFI 1978

PLASTIC
  • Hard plastic body (confirmed for the 2nd COO)
  • Soft plastic body (confirmed for all three COOs)

DOME
  • Chrome light blue
  • Chrome dark blue
  • Matt silver light blue
  • Matt silver dark blue

STICKER
  • Row of small empty rectangulars on the front panel
  • Row of small blue rectangulars on the front panel

SCREW
Different types of flat screw used as well?

I don't want to think about the many combinations that are possible in theory now. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Is this R2 Ledy?   Is this R2 Ledy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 9:25 am

Is this R2 Ledy? - Page 2 Jjjjj11
Is this R2 Ledy? - Page 2 Dscn3890r

Ah nice that it was legit after all, this above one is the one I sold to Jason.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: Is this R2 Ledy?   Is this R2 Ledy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 11:40 am

just got back from my long walk shatered now Very Happy

ok right so were we now

marco yes they are both my ledy r2d2 with diferent coo's 1 closer copy right to the gmfgi

Claes lol! i allways knew it was a ledy r2d2 thats why i bought it mate Wink

so yes there is meny diferrent versions of the ledy r2d2
but meny things are all the same on the sticker so all versions can be id as ledy Very Happy R2D2
Back to top Go down
Neonboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: I dont think there are that many..Ledy R2 Vars?   Is this R2 Ledy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:09 pm

this is interesting and i took a look at mine-
I wold ask all to look at the back panel of R2 center back bottom- there is the rectangle with the a donut circle in it.
some are centered more,some are moved to left - the Ledy I have appears left justified near the edge. most others more toward center left.
I think there are Kenners with the large grill circle on the front, -
screws can easlily be swapped./ heads switched.
and decals faked-
I would agree the Unpainted squares are one variant of a true Ledy signature. - but not the front large thin grill circle.
and i question all the colors of heads.

Back to top Go down
http://neoneonart.com
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: Is this R2 Ledy?   Is this R2 Ledy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 7:17 pm

just curious how would you know if a ledy decal is faked ?

you say you allso question all the colors of heads ?
we will never know this i don't think as i think but don't quote me on this but i think there is only 2 or 3 r2d2 moc's known Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Is this R2 Ledy?   Is this R2 Ledy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 7:24 pm

I guess you can probably do a pretty good faked ledy decal, by modifying the stickers that are easy to download. But there still is a lot of work to do with it and it would be hard. Then it's also trying to reflect the material, the easy ones to spot except the for the obvious differences on the normal downloadable sticker are the not glossy ones where the sticker is simply printed out, then there are the ones printed on glossy paper which is the hard ones.

I guess a pure white sticker would be suspicious and also the vent on center is inverted on the repro thats out there right now. The blue color is also not the same by result of the printers.

It's not ledy but here is one I made.
Is this R2 Ledy? - Page 2 R2d28

another picture of it
Is this R2 Ledy? - Page 2 R2d29
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: Is this R2 Ledy?   Is this R2 Ledy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 7:44 pm

yes that is the standard faked one that you do see a lot of and is easly spoted

so if no one has a better fake r2 sticker the we can rule out fake stickers then on ledy ?

as for the heads being swaped has any one got close pic's of ledy r2d2 moc's to see what colour heads there is in them ?
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Is this R2 Ledy?   Is this R2 Ledy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 7:51 pm

jason11272stacey wrote:
yes that is the standard faked one that you do see a lot of and is easly spoted

so if no one has a better fake r2 sticker the we can rule out fake stickers then on ledy ?

as for the heads being swaped has any one got close pic's of ledy r2d2 moc's to see what colour heads there is in them ?

I don't think there is any ledy fake stickers, it's just this common one that I pictured. I also don't see any real gain in the amount of trouble to get a R2 with the right coo, make a fake special sticker and somehow get that exact screw. If it was me I wouldn't bother, the copy need to be so exact that it will fool a ledy collector, which got a good eye for spotting ledys in the first place.

Last edited by Rawlin on Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: Is this R2 Ledy?   Is this R2 Ledy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 8:06 pm

too true mate i mean us ledy colectors realy do look at the fine detail in the stickers i my self have 4 diferent ledy r2d2 pictures saved in my laptop to compair the smallest amout of variation in ledy stickers so it would be very dificult to get one pased me lol!
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Is this R2 Ledy?   Is this R2 Ledy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 8:44 pm

jason11272stacey wrote:
too true mate i mean us ledy colectors realy do look at the fine detail in the stickers i my self have 4 diferent ledy r2d2 pictures saved in my laptop to compair the smallest amout of variation in ledy stickers so it would be very dificult to get one pased me lol!

Yes thats what I mean, it's a different case with vinyl cape jawa for example, it's pretty much just get a vinyl in same color, get a random java, cut it out and type it's original. This is also one of the reasons I have not bought a vinyl cape jawa yet. But it's a totally different case from r2 stickers, and also a large value difference where a scam with a vinyl jawa fake would draw in more money then a r2 and also be easier to pull off.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Is this R2 Ledy?   Is this R2 Ledy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 5:56 pm

This is an interesting thread and it inspired me to make an entry for this little blue droid in the Ledy thread.

I will post it a bit later tonight. Please tell me what you think about it.

Cheers

EDIT:

Here it is: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135p420-lili-ledy-discussion-thread#51889

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this R2 Ledy?   Is this R2 Ledy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this R2 Ledy?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2