The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

damn water in display case

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

damn  water in display case Empty
PostSubject: damn water in display case   damn  water in display case I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 9:19 am

Well it finaly happend, we had had some friends over for the weekend they slept on our gast room (wich also contains my display cases). This morning my mate came down stairs and told me there was leaking water out off the wooden ceiling straight on one off my display cases...
So i ran upstairs to find a leak on the boiler up the attic and the water came down leaking right in one of the display cases (the ceiling of the attic room, is the floor of the attic above). Luckily it was not the case had my MOC's into, but the backdrop of my 12 figure display stand took most off the damage, also some loose cardbacks on the shelf underneath took most of the water.... Luckily this doesn't harm the figures, but the cardboard stuff is all wasted Sad

Anyway i am still glad it wasn't my 12 back set the took the damage or i would have gone mad...

Still not happy about my backdrop of my 12 figure display stand offcourse
Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: damn water in display case   damn  water in display case I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 9:55 am

Sorry to hear that mate.

But youre fireinsurance could cover THE water damage.
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: damn water in display case   damn  water in display case I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 11:17 am

or never sorry to here about the water damage buddy i carn't imagine what i would do if it happened to my colection Crying or Very sad

chin up mate Wink
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: damn water in display case   damn  water in display case I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 11:41 am

shit dennis , bekijk het positief vriend , twas niet op je moc's en dat karton is makkelijk en goedkoper vervangbaar

Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: damn water in display case   damn  water in display case I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 11:51 am

That sucks. Any loss is bad but lucky that it wasn't your MOCs.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: damn water in display case   damn  water in display case I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 11:54 am

Really sorry for you mate, hopefully your insurance will help replace some of the damaged pieces.

Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: damn water in display case   damn  water in display case I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 2:24 pm

A very sad story Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: damn water in display case   damn  water in display case I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 3:26 pm

I think i will not even try to recover trough Insurance, the damaged goods where mostly not that expensive and most are easy to replace?
I was thinking to replace the backdrop off the figure display with a reprint till i find a good replacement.

Just had to vent, i guess.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: damn water in display case   damn  water in display case I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 6:50 pm

ouch that's just totally bad luck. Sorry to hear that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: damn water in display case   damn  water in display case I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 11:39 pm

Sorry Dennis, thats just shit luck mate
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: damn water in display case   damn  water in display case I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 7:23 am

That's shit! I know it's not Star Wars related, but about 5 years ago, I used to play in a band, and one night after practise we had stored most of our equipment in my brother in laws basement flat. 2 days later there was a flash flood rain storm and the entire flat was flooded. It destroyed everything in the flat including six thousand pounds worth of band equipment!
Luckily I'm not as lazy as the rest of my band, and I took all my equipment home, but I know how you feel chief, walking into that flat and seeing a floor full of sewerage drenched Marshall cabinets broke my heart.
On the up side, my brother in law totally abused the house insurance and got it all back, but better.
Why not tell the insurance its flooded out your carded collection of DT lightsaber figures, buy a couple of revalvit repro's and some of them spanish fake card sets you always see on Ebay, and then soak them in the sink overnight. The insurance guys wont know shit. Then whack a claim in for a few tens of thousands, and then treat yourself to some new toy's!

I would!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: damn water in display case   damn  water in display case I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 9:17 am

I'm sorry to hear this Dennis. Luckily the damage seems to be controlled somewhat.

I do not want to think about what would happen if the roof of my attic would start to leak one day.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: damn water in display case   damn  water in display case I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

damn water in display case

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1