The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
milkiebarker
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
milkiebarker

Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard! Empty
PostSubject: Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard!   Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:02 am

I recieved this Gamorrean Guard in a lot a few months back and he fell apart when my daughter picked him up! having never had this happen before i did a little research and am guessing he has not been welded, he is a Macau figure and as info on this is pretty vague i thought i would create this topic to hear your thoughts is this quite common or rare? and maybe see some other examples, cheers guys!

just another simple day in the life of a gamorrean guard under jabbas rule Smile

Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard! 031ra

Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard! 034he

Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard! 041ja

Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard! 040dr
Gam Guard
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard!   Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 11:53 am

Cool figure! The process of fixing the figure together is called sonic welding, it's something to do with using high frequency acoustic vibrations to bond the figure together, or something along them lines. Naturally every now and then the odd figure may miss this process, but I imagine it would be a reasonably rare accurance.
I saw a guy flogging a non-sonic welded Luke farmboy once, it was the orange hair version aswell!
Also thought you might like this AFA Han Bespin
Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard! Han_so10

So in general I'd say you have a reasonably rare figure, I'm not sure if it would have any great value, I've found that factory error figurestend not to attract a great deal of value, but it depends on who wants it I guess.
Interestingly though, aside from the lack of welding the figure looks from the photo's to be in excellent condition with pretty much zero wear, which is quite an achiement in it's self for a Gamorrean Guard.
Good find!
Back to top Go down
milkiebarker
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
milkiebarker

PostSubject: Re: Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard!   Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 12:29 pm

thanks for that! yeah i read up on the sonic welding and just thought it was a neat little find, i'am sure there are many other examples and maybe we will get to see some others soon? it's always cool to have something unique and yeah he is in excellent shape so thats a bonus!
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard!   Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 8:02 am

I have a Princess Leia Organa that fell apart and it was a variant that I was missing and I am still missing Sad

Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard!   Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 1:41 pm

Cool pics, thanks for sharing Kevin!

After all those years I finally know how he looks from the inside.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
ratherchildish
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ratherchildish

PostSubject: Re: Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard!   Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 5:33 pm

Sweet pix! Reminds me of dismembering my whole collection back in '82. Wink And that Bespin Han is just the greatest.
Back to top Go down
http://ratherchildish.com
milkiebarker
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
milkiebarker

PostSubject: Re: Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard!   Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 6:30 am

Dismembering Razz i bet you treat your figures alot better these days! i used to play with my figures out in the dirt and trees of our garden and there may have been the odd amputation but certainly no severe dismembering!

it would be neat to have a full set of non welded figures for some mix and match imagine the possibilities geek
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard!   Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 10:31 am

I have two jawas that are non-sonic welded.

Kenner Version:

Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard! Non-Sonic+Welded+Kenner+Jawa+2

Lili Ledy Version

In my opinion, they are pretty hard to find and can (at times) go for a nice price as well. The cool factor is pretty high as well, due to their insides showing... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
milkiebarker
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
milkiebarker

PostSubject: Re: Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard!   Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 5:43 am

Hi Jason thanks for your input.
check your messages, i have sent you a PM!
Back to top Go down
shabbyblue
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard!   Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Is this why so many EV-9D9 arms pop out of their sockets? Smile
Back to top Go down
milkiebarker
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
milkiebarker

PostSubject: Re: Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard!   Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 3:54 pm

no shabbyblue that is just those lovely factory workers getting there own back on that sadistic little minx Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard!   Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Non Welded Star Wars Figures / Fun with your Gamorrean Guard!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1