The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals  Empty
PostSubject: OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals    OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 6:41 pm

Hi guys. I was sitting here looking at a figure Dallas (Sith Noob) sent me today. Dallas just sent it because he knew I'd appreciate it and it would go with my focus. It got me to thinking about all my pals in the hobby.

I just thought it was cool that somebody I've only met here on chat gave me a second thought to send a figure out with no prompthing. Not to get all corny but I really cherish the friends I've made at TIG since joining up in March. And over on RS where I've been a member a little longer.

My confidence in "friends" has been shaken badly of late. I got screwed over royally recently by guys I thought were my friends, people involved in my other favorite hobby, skeet shooting. It all stemed from me asking for a helping hand, a minor favor, which I never do, because of a financial setback, and guys telling me "Sure no problem." And then turning around and doing the total opposite. And than bitching about and talking bad about me!!! These are people I've known for many years and they know me well because of it. People I know in "Real Life". Guys I've helped out when need be. It made me bitter for awhile.

But at around the same time I had several members here and on RS help me out by holding some items for an extended period, till I got fixed up cash wise. Anyone reading this will know who you are. I want to say thanks very much. It's VERY appreciated, and will be remembered.

Now these were/are people that only know me from the boards. Never met them in person ever. Some were guys I had never had any contact with. But yet they couldn't have been more helpful and understanding. But my "real" friends couldn't be bothered to help me out. One member I now consider my best friend.

This whole long winded tale is just to show how this community we belong to helps its own members out above and beyond the call of duty. I consider you guys family and I'm glad to be here. You've helped me more than you know in recent months.

Paul
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals    OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 6:57 pm

Good stuff Paul, great to hear (not that i'm one of the guys that has done you a favour, but i haven't screwed you over yet either!)
Just goes to show, that although we hear a lot of stories of the bad schemes/repros etc in this hobby, they always get the limelight, & i'm positive there are many more great things that happen, they just don't get the spotlight.
Overall, i think this is a great hobby with a huge majority of great, honest, generous people in it. i think the guys (& gals) here at TIG are one of the strongest communities around. Glad to be a part of it.

Last edited by Tank1252 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals    OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:34 pm

You are a very nice bloke Paul, never dealt with you but from chatting I can tell you are a top guy, if friends mess with you, they aren't friends at all, glad you found some good (and true) friends here Smile
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals    OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:47 pm

I too have been on the receiving end of gifts from my star wars friends & to this day it's probably the nicest thing that's happened too me ( except getting married & being a dad ) I'm glad the community spirit is strong & we're all part of it Smile
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals    OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:52 pm

I think you all are pretty fruity...... lol!

Seriously I understand. Funny how these faceless friendships seem to be strong as, if not stronger then, "real' relationships. I think the boards offer some anonymity so most people act without any pretense. You are your genuine self and if someone likes that, they like the real you. Simple theory but I'd say an accurate one.

I also have to add, like Tim said, the TIG is a pretty unique group and that's just fine by me.

Last edited by Darthberizing on Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals    OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 2:47 pm

Some great words Paul!!

TIG is a great place!
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals    OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 3:26 pm

Hell yes Paul! TIG Rocks! cheers
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals    OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 3:45 pm

I'm glad you do feel part of something Paul.

TIG is quite special amongst the various boards - I felt that RS wasn't for me and still today I haven't felt the urge to join. You do feel like your a part of a geniune thing here on TIG and the folks here are some of the nice poeple you ever meet. Many of the pieces I now have are only with me because of guys here going out of they way to help.

My job is quite bad from a work/life balance and I don't always have time to log on every day to contribute and if the shite does hit the fan I may be away for days or weeks. But I know when I do come back I can catch up with friends and it like I never was away.

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals    OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:27 pm

Paul, your right. This is the most closest knit bunch of guys you can come across. Even if I'll never meet half of these guys, TIG feels more like a brotherhood than a bunch of plastic collectors talking about toys. I never seen not once someone refuse to help someone out, whether it was info about an item or in a time of need. So your more than welcome on any help I might have gave you or will give.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals    OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 6:28 pm

Great words PAul, i know how you feel.
although now I havent time to participate on TIG forum , i am glad to belong to TIG , i have many good friends here which allways have helped me without hidden interest, i think this is the spirit of the main site and thats why people feels good here.You guys make this place so great.
thanks
J
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals    OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:04 pm

TIG does seem to be more of a brotherhood than RS. I'm thankful for all my compadres here.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals    OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:32 pm

GanjaFett wrote:
TIG does seem to be more of a brotherhood than RS. I'm thankful for all my compadres here.

Totally agree. RS is just too big for anyone to really join and get to know people. It seems like unless you have been there a long time, you are kind of an outsider looking in. Not to knock RS, because I use it a lot for research and classifieds, but here you guys were all accepting from day one. Here I feel like I can chime in any time, ask any questions (no matter how rudimentary) and just generally BS with people and get to know them.

I loves me some TIG!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals    OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 6:28 am

Great words paul Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals    OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:24 pm

Great post Paul. Couldn't be truer words. This is a really great community where everyone seems to look out for one another and minus all the bickering and bullsh*t that goes on over at RS. RS is a good site for research but not for the same sense of comradery that takes place here. It's great getting to know everyone in chat and through the threads. I've made some true friends here and share much more in common than just an interest in the hobby. And it's great how the hobby can bring so many people together from around the world. I really enjoy spending time on the board and it's a nice break from the daily stress to catch up and joke around with everyone in chat. It's great that this is such a tight group with most members really interested in how everyone is doing day to day beyond just the hobby.

Thanks to all of my friends and everyone who has helped me out with advice, words of wisdom, or a great deal. 'Nuff said!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals    OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:56 am

Very nice words Paul. From day one I've always felt very welcomed at TIG and I've thoroughly enjoyed learning from and contributing to the great threads here Cool The support I received from this community following the sudden death of my dad was just overwhelming and really helped me pull through a tough time. It made me happy and proud to know that good people were looking out for me. I just hope we can all meet up one day sometime and share some beers and laughs drinking
Cheers TIG! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals    OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OT: A message for all my Star Wars pals

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1