The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

10 Star Wars Facts About You

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

10 Star Wars Facts About You Empty
PostSubject: 10 Star Wars Facts About You   10 Star Wars Facts About You I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 8:41 pm

I stole this thread idea from RS. I thought it was kinda neat. 10 things about your little piece of the SW world.

1. Wondered for years if I really saw Star Wars in theatres in 1977. I was almost 3 when it was released. I have a memory of looking at the poster in the lobby of the movie theatre waiting in line. My brother recently confirmed that he recalls taking me. Pretty good for him. He's old . He took me to all three movies actually.

2. My first figure was Snaggletooth. He's my childhood favorite.

3. I used the Power Droid as Lukes TV. As a satellite and a bomb.

4. Loved my IG-88 figure as a kid. But had no clue for years what scene he was in. Now I have an IG focus.

5. Realized when I started collecting vintage in 2009 how small my childhood collection was. I made a mental list and found out I had less figures than I thought.

6. I don't hate the PT. They aren't all awesome but each has enough good moments that I'll watch them if they are on TV. I don't get all hung up on my childhood getting raped. I don't understand how something made in later years can ruin what was in the past.

7. I discovered bootleg figures. I think they are super cool.

8. The scene in ESB when Yoda and R2 fight over the flashlight makes me laugh every time. Even when it's the third time in a day ESB appears on Spike I have to watch that scene.

9. I know the Ewok figures names but can't put the names with the figures. Who cares.

10. Yak Face sucks. I don't understand the fascination.

Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: 10 Star Wars Facts About You   10 Star Wars Facts About You I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 1:51 am

maybe you should add an empty question sheet so it's easy to fill in for those who haven't read the thread you stole this from (like me) Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: 10 Star Wars Facts About You   10 Star Wars Facts About You I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 2:19 am

Lol. No Questions. Just a list of 10 Star Wars orientated facts that relate to you personally.

But just for you Wouter....

Laughing
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: 10 Star Wars Facts About You   10 Star Wars Facts About You I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 2:30 am

LOL Wouter there is no empty question sheet just write 10 SW 'facts' about yourself:
edit Tim beat me to it

1. I had all first 77 figures when I was a kid (sold a few as a teenager)
2. I never knew about the last 17- as an adult someone mentioned Yakface & I was confused- this started my adult collecting
3. I don't remember the movies when they were released
4. I like the Ewoks tongue
5. The last figure I got as a child was Greedo
6. I really wish I hadn't opened some MOCs ie. offerless ESB 4Lom, 20Bs etc
7. I was always jealous of kids with Millenium Falcons & At-Ats
8. I wish I started collecting now not 3 years ago it's far cheaper now & the aussie dollar has nearly doubled
9. I still haven't found a 'focus' - I'll collect (hoard) anything & everything vintage
10. I cried like a baby when I got my Luke DT Smile
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: 10 Star Wars Facts About You   10 Star Wars Facts About You I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 2:45 am

oh right! i knew that... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: 10 Star Wars Facts About You   10 Star Wars Facts About You I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 7:35 am

Sorry Wout. I'll try to be more clear in the future. Smile Like Dallas said one time, you sometimes don't know what the hell I'm talking about. Laughing Most people just smile and nod when I talk.
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: 10 Star Wars Facts About You   10 Star Wars Facts About You I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 11:39 am

Funny Topic guys.

1. Miss the 80's when I was a child and played with my figures Very Happy
2. Wish I was a kid in 1977 where the first star wars movie was in the cinema bounce
3. Should never have sold my star wars toy from my childhood head bang
4. Wish I had found this forum years ago :clap:
5. Started my vintage collection i 2001 Stormie Smiley
6. I Think Lili Ledy figures is Cool geek
7. When I was a child I watched the 3 old star wars movies on video tape at least 10 times every year popcorn
8. Jabba The Hutt is cool bow
9. I think my first figure was a Tie Fighter Pilot but I can't remember it for sure Shocked
10. Wish I had bought more star wars 10 years ago where it was cheaper :I am stupid:
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: 10 Star Wars Facts About You   10 Star Wars Facts About You I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 2:14 pm

1. I just started collecting vintage late last summer.
2. My favorite figure as a kid was Bespin Han.
3. I still have my Ewoks Village from my childhood. I still love it even though it needs some missing pieces.
4. My favorite figure now is Sandpeople with Rebel Commando being a very close second.
5. I love all 6 films, the Clone Wars cartoon, EU, comics, just about anything. Canon or non canon.
6. Star Wars in Concert is one of the best concerts I've been to (twice).
7. Got my first bootlegs from Chris J in February of this year and have been addicted like crack ever since. Thanks Chris
Very Happy
8. Star Wars has been a great bonding experience with my son. His excitement over "our" growing collection always brightens my day. These are memories that I will never forget and I'm sure he will remember fondly when he's old like me.
9. I do own some modern toys but they are my son's. Too bad he likes playing with vintage better.
10. I have made some great friends since I've been collecting and I love this community!
Back to top Go down
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

PostSubject: Re: 10 Star Wars Facts About You   10 Star Wars Facts About You I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 3:08 pm

1. I was seven years old and saw Star Wars about a week after it opened. I ended up seeing it at least 15 times over the following year (just means I'm gettin' old)

2. My first figures were R2-D2 and C-3PO (I was lucky to have enough money to buy TWO figures). We had no idea they were even doing Star Wars toys. My Dad had to go to K-Mart one night and dragged my brother and me along. We went to the toy dept while he went wherever it was he had to go (you could do that in those days). We turned the corner and WOOOOW--STAR WARS TOYS!!! (my brother got Darth Vader)

3. My favorite characters when I was a kid were R2-D2, C-3PO and Darth Vader. That gradually shifted to just Darth Vader but I still have a soft spot for the Droids.

4. R5-D4 and Greedo are my favorite "secondary" characters.

5. I never had any of the 12" figures when I was a kid--they wouldn't fit in the vehicle toys so my parents wouldn't get them (Waaaahh!!).

6. We never had all of the figures. By the time Return of the Jedi arrived I was kind of outgrowing the toys (even though I did get some of the cooler figures from Jedi). I had the X-Wing fighter (Christmas 1978) and the Millennium Falcon (Christmas 1979).

7. Star Wars figures regularly did battle with whatever other toy lines we had (Space 1999, GI Joe, Black Hole, etc)

8. I HATED Empire Strikes Back the first time I saw it. I remember complaining that Yoda sounded like Grover on Sesame Street. I warmed up to it quickly especially because of the battle on Hoth and the Asteroid field chase but I still remember my initial disappointment. Star Wars is still my favorite (and I still can't get used to calling it "A New Hope")

9. The main focus of my collection is Darth Vader and mainly castings of the Vader helmet

10. I still have all of the Star Wars toys I had when I was a kid. I usually repainted or weathered the figures and vehicles to make them more accurate to the films.
Back to top Go down
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

PostSubject: Re: 10 Star Wars Facts About You   10 Star Wars Facts About You I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 4:18 pm

1.The first movie I watched in a cinema where a star wars movie. It where with my father and uncle. I really can’t remember the movie or which one it where. According to my father it where ANH at a re-run around when Empire came out(I was 5 years at that time). I didn’t see Empire in the cinema but I did see Return with my cousin and my uncle.
2. When I was a kid I loved trips to London and the Hamleys toy store and I remember that I got some star wars stuff there e.g. prune face, jabba the hutt and missed out on the Rancor.
3. When I has at a trip with my school to Bornholm(a little Danish island) I bought Barada I have had something for the green dog ever sins
4. Sadley my childhood collection are gone. Some figures turn up at my sisters place a few years ago, but they where GI Joe figures ( Bazooka and a Lanard figure)
5. My favorit figures as a kid where Han Solo Bespin, Bossk and Luke Jedi.
6. My cousin and I traded a lot of figures and had some issues about this.
7. I remember that I HATED the trilogo when they came in the toy stores.
8. At a big warehouse they had the German Darth Vader store display. I remember standing there looking at all the nice figures and the cool red eyed Darth Vader
9. As a kid I had one big wish, to get a ATAT. Sadley I never got it as a kid.
10. I loved the read a longs and I think I have hear them a million times.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: 10 Star Wars Facts About You   10 Star Wars Facts About You I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 4:39 pm

I love reading all your responses guys. They make me smile. It makes me remember why I love this hobby so much. It's helping me keep faith. I've been a little discouraged collecting wise of late. Keep them coming.
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: 10 Star Wars Facts About You   10 Star Wars Facts About You I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 4:48 am

Great thread......

1. When I was kid I had all the figures that were released during the empire strikes back including star wars and my Vaders Helmet was full of them
2. I never knew that the last 17 existed , I was already a teenager when that happened and I didn´t care anymore about action figures
3. I remember perfectly well when the movies were released, I saw SW, ESB and ROTJ at least 5 times each , I want to see them with my familiy, but I don´t know why , I saw Grease even more ( more than 30 times!!!!) ..LOL!
4. My brother and sister bring my the Taun Taun and snowspeeder from the UK in 1982 , It was the coolest toy I have ever seen!!
5. I visted the lily ledy factory when I was a kid and I hated Mexican toys ( very poor quality)
6. My brother had the complete set of SW and ESB movie cards and it was awesome ( the blue, red and yellow ones)
7. I never owned a large ship like the Millenium Falcon or the At-At, instead I had the Die cast xwing, snowspeeder, tie fighter and millenium falcon
8. I exploded most of my action figures and ships simulating the movie!!.... LOL it ws fun!
9. during 1999 nothing was more important that the release of the phantom manace , Darth maul double light saber was the best thing I have ever seen of all the movies!
10. I started my collection several years ago!!
Back to top Go down
Dr. Vintage
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Dr. Vintage

PostSubject: Re: 10 Star Wars Facts About You   10 Star Wars Facts About You I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 10:09 am

1, I only had the gammorean guard as a kid. I had most of the MOTU and Voltron.
2, i collect loads of toys, and so does the wife!
3, Favorite thing now in my collection is the ATAT
4, I remeber seeing rotj at the movies. I got dressed up as Darthvader.
5, My rich friend who's mum used to baby sit me had all of the figures, i was so jealous, that now that i have money, i'm making up for missing out as a kid.
6, collecting toys is like getting part of your childhood back., wait that sounded stupid.
7, I dont have anything for number 7.
8, no one would have read this far. i only scanned other peoples reponses too.
9. Im really tired.
10. Im now collecting trilogos as my new focus, i hate yellow bubbles, and it seems like a good challenge!
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: 10 Star Wars Facts About You   10 Star Wars Facts About You I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 3:48 am

1. I First saw Star Wars around the time ESB came out as I was to young to see it in 77. Went with my old man to see all 3 films was and is the only ever time it has been just me and dad going out to the cinema.
2. The first figure that I had was a stormtrooper, and I had a real tantrum to get it, to this day mum and dad wont let me forget about my screaming and shouting in the toy shop to get it.
3. The biggest vehicle I had was the y-wing was always told we nver had room the the big ones like the at-at.
4. around xmas 83/4 maybe even 85 I was very naughty so mum and dad did not give me most of my xmas presants we found them in the loft in about 1998 and they were a speeder bike, tri-pod laser cannon and a rancor all still boxed and mint also in there were 6 figures still carded.
5.I have been seen to make a blaster noise when playing with a stormtrooper at the age of 35 Laughing
6. The one thing I wanted as a kid and never got was a Dagobah playset.
7.I had to sell most of my collection 6 years ago to help fund buying my now to small house Sad
8. As much as I love Star Wars and all its toys I would not say it is the best film ever made
9.I had never herd of Lily ledy to I joined here
10. I dont want to see Star wars in HD format, because when I saw Lord of the rings in HD you could see all the fake ears and feet kind of ruiend it for me I dont want it to do the same for Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
REDFIVE
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: 10 Star Wars Facts About You   10 Star Wars Facts About You I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:13 pm

1. Yoda was my favourite as a child.
2. I used to sleep with Yoda in my hand. If i lost him in the night I would wake my parents up to find him.
3. I lost R2 over a bridge on the way to school. My mum wouldnt go and get him when I thought she could have done, she claimed it was too high. I am still not sure I believe her.
4. The bit when the Jawa's have been smoked by the Stormtroopers in New hope still upsets me.
5. I bought a damaged box B wing with my birthday money once, I was really pleased with it because it was reduced and massive!
6. I always wanted the Ewok Village but never got it, my mate John who was a spoilt child had it.
7. Hospital trips as a child equalled Star Wars haul, wasn't not all bad being ill.
8. I started collecting Star Wars again about 8 years ago.
9. I get loads of flack from people I work with for wearing Star Wars T shirts.
10. My wife moans like hell because I dont dust my collection regularly enough.
Back to top Go down
Kaze
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: 10 Star Wars Facts About You   10 Star Wars Facts About You I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 3:52 am

1: I still remember seeing ANH for the first time on a rental VHS tape at my much older stephsister.

2: My first figure was Barada, followed up by Amanaman.

3: Eventhough Im from Denmark, I was raised in the Netherlands, and VSW for me are clippers in my upbringing.

4: The character I wanted the most was Boba Fett, but never found one

5: I involentered borrowed my SW-friends Fett for a couple of days, and returned it, because I had regret stealing it.

6: We live roleplayed SW were I as the biggest kid in class, would play an ewok with a light saber spear.

7: I ones farted so load, that my ears popped.

8: I started collecting VSW because I couldt accept the fact that I had lost some figures as a kid, back in 2007.

9: I still have my childhood Barada and Amanaman.

10: I sold my Clipper Barada moc, to pay of debt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pencilart.dk
wraith
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: 10 Star Wars Facts About You   10 Star Wars Facts About You I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 6:01 pm

1: My 1st SW figure was C3PO.
2: I never saw SW ANH until I was 19.
3: The 1st SW move that I saw in the theater was ESB
4: I love the Bossk figure!
5: The last vintage figure that I bought in retale was POTF Han in carbon freezing
6: I had my dad rip the wings off my X-wing, when I was a little kid to make a "monster digger" :I am stupid:
7: I used Imperial commanders as german soldiers for my vintage Indy figures when I was a kid.
8: Always paired up Greedo and Walrus man like in the commercials.
9: Have a David Prowse signed "vader cape" Given to me by my wife.
10: Still have 2 figures from my childhood collection; a 1 armed Yoda with no gear and a headless Weequay. :sadwalk:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10 Star Wars Facts About You   10 Star Wars Facts About You I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

10 Star Wars Facts About You

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1