The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Star Wars Beer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

Star Wars Beer Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars Beer   Star Wars Beer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:39 am

Anyone ever have this?

It's supposed to be good!!!

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/357/34484

Star Wars Beer 7090010
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Star Wars Beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Beer   Star Wars Beer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:43 am

brewed in Connecticut Shocked Sorry Coach, American beer is ....... Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

Star Wars Beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Beer   Star Wars Beer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 5:12 am

It's a stout...i wouldn't mind trying it.
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

Star Wars Beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Beer   Star Wars Beer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 5:20 am

aussiejames wrote:

I'm not much of a beer drinker to begin with (I like hard liquor) but not all American beers are Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz !!!!!

The major brands are a joke... Bud, Miller, Coors, Pabst etc etc. Its the smaller/lesser known beer brands/breweries that you can't buy at your average liquor store or get at your average bar that are pretty darn good!!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

Star Wars Beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Beer   Star Wars Beer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 5:52 am

coachk28 wrote:
aussiejames wrote:

I'm not much of a beer drinker to begin with (I like hard liquor) but not all American beers are Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz !!!!!

The major brands are a joke... Bud, Miller, Coors, Pabst etc etc. Its the smaller/lesser known beer brands/breweries that you can't buy at your average liquor store or get at your average bar that are pretty darn good!!!!

I got to say American Beer (or Larger over here) is shit.

You cant beat Europe and Oz on this one Wink

Last edited by jaymassive619 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Star Wars Beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Beer   Star Wars Beer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 6:00 am

"You can" NOT " beat Europe and Oz on this one " Razz

EDIT by Jay - Use the bloody Quote button!!
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

Star Wars Beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Beer   Star Wars Beer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 6:41 am

iam from belgium so y'all need to back down Star Wars Beer Icon_lol

belgian beer rules
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

Star Wars Beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Beer   Star Wars Beer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 7:36 am

jimmymindtricks wrote:

belgian beer rules

Well! we definatley know your weed is good...your living proof of that Jimmy lol!
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

Star Wars Beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Beer   Star Wars Beer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 7:52 am

jimmymindtricks wrote:

belgian beer rules

I didn't even know Belgium was still a country!!!! I thought it just became part of Germany after WW1 and WW2!!!

hahahaha

Just kidding!!!
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

Star Wars Beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Beer   Star Wars Beer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:03 am

eazy theire fellow
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

Star Wars Beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Beer   Star Wars Beer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:47 am

I've seen this beer before on RS and have wanted to try it. I read an article not too long ago that said LFL sent them a C&D letter.

Article

I haven't tried too many European brews, but from what I have had, they are all very good. That's not to say that I don't enjoy the craft beers of the US. Some of them are quite tasty. Razz

Here's a bit of odd trivia for you all. When we were in Jamaica last year, we had a Guinness one night. We all noticed that it didn't have the same "taste" as a normal Guinness does. After inspecting the bottle we found out that there's a Guinness brewery in Jamaica and that all the Guinness on the island is brewed/bottled there.
Back to top Go down
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

Star Wars Beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Beer   Star Wars Beer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:51 am

coachk28 wrote:
aussiejames wrote:

Yeah, like when you have to pay through the nose for beer thats imported from Europe or Aus head bang

Whenever I visit the family over there I end up drinking 10 X more just to stay drunk, its piss week! lol!
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

Star Wars Beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Beer   Star Wars Beer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:51 am

that's the same way with soda's bro , like coca cola and fanta

taste so much different from country to country

specialy the fanta , even the color looks off , if you compare the one from spain to the ones from belgium

most be the ingrediants , belgium oranges and spanish oranges
Back to top Go down
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

Star Wars Beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Beer   Star Wars Beer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:53 am

coachk28 wrote:
jimmymindtricks wrote:

belgian beer rules

I didn't even know Belgium was still a country!!!! I thought it just became part of Germany after WW1 and WW2!!!

hahahaha

Just kidding!!!

WTF? unsure
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

Star Wars Beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Beer   Star Wars Beer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:07 am

Being in the Bev Can trade i can tell you that taste will DEFINATELY vary country to country which is due to the amout of Laquer sprayed inside the can to protect the contents from the bare metal exposure, here in UK we have a minimum/maximum amount, in other countries the shelf life is shorter (eg USA) so they hardly use any laquer therefor the taste will have more metal contamination Wink

UK spec = 8ma max for beer/lager, 5ma max for soft drinks/cider
USA spec 100ma for beer/lager, unknown for soft drinks/cider.

This only applies to canned drinks.

Yeh yeh more useless information i know Wink
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

Star Wars Beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Beer   Star Wars Beer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:12 am

Cobra_UK wrote:
Being in the Bev Can trade i can tell you that taste will DEFINATELY vary country to country which is due to the amout of Laquer sprayed inside the can to protect the contents from the bare metal exposure, here in UK we have a minimum/maximum amount, in other countries the shelf life is shorter (eg USA) so they hardly use any laquer therefor the taste will have more metal contamination Wink

UK spec = 8ma max for beer/lager, 5ma max for soft drinks/cider

This only applies to canned drinks.

Yeh yeh more useless information i know Wink

What does that mean for bottles? The Guinness in Jamaica was all in bottles. Wink

We just chalked it up to the water they used to brew the beer.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Star Wars Beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Beer   Star Wars Beer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:14 am

Quote :

Thank god I like my beer in bottles. And by the way, Bud Light rules. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

Star Wars Beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Beer   Star Wars Beer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:16 am

"This only applies to canned drinks."

For bottles tastes i would say the storage/temperature conditions will play a major factor, also how long its actually been inside the container, plastic containers will actually leak into the liquid over time (applies to ALL plastic bottled drinks).
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

Star Wars Beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Beer   Star Wars Beer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:47 pm

chazgreentooth wrote:
coachk28 wrote:
jimmymindtricks wrote:

belgian beer rules

hahahaha

Just kidding!!!

WTF? unsure

I was mearly joking about the inadequacies of the Belgium army during WW1 and WW2. Just joking... nothing serioius or personal!!!

That's the history teacher in me.
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

Star Wars Beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Beer   Star Wars Beer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 2:13 pm

Yeh probably as good as the American army at the time tho Wink

Coach is probably one of these guys that thinks the P51 Mustang was an American invention Shocked
Back to top Go down
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

Star Wars Beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Beer   Star Wars Beer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 2:47 pm

When I went to the Oshkosh air show I loved taking the piss out of the P-51D, my Dad's mate was telling me how great it was but lost his rag when I quizzed him on the Rolls Royce badge lol!
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

Star Wars Beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Beer   Star Wars Beer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:27 pm

Josh wrote:
jimmymindtricks wrote:

belgian beer rules

Well! we definatley know your weed is good...your living proof of that Jimmy lol!

My guess is Jimmy doesn't get his weed from Belgium Josh.
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

Star Wars Beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Beer   Star Wars Beer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:32 pm

The Aircraft design and engine were all Brit made Smile (throw that Alison engine in a dumpster lmao)
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

Star Wars Beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Beer   Star Wars Beer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:06 pm

No... I'm not ignorant when it comes to war type stuff (I don't claim to be an expert though!).... I've been teaching US and World history for over 5 years now, so I know a little bit!!! My two specialties are overall military history and the US Civil War.

So the UK helped us design and modify the P-51!!! Every major manufacturer in the world stopped what they were doing in order to support the war effort. Companies through out the Allied Forces were contributing and working together to making supplies, weapons, munitions, etc. What's next.... you going to take full credit for the Manhattan Project also?

And how soon you forget were sending the UK, Soviet Union and the rest of the Western Allies supplies while we were still militarily neutral.

And I'm pretty sure that if it weren't for the US, most of Europe would probably be speaking German and goose-stepping to the Konigratzer March (spelling?).

The only thing that dwarfs my Star Wars and Sports interest/collections is my interest and collection/contraband of WWII artifacts. I had several relatives who fought in WWII (2 never made it back) and brought a lot of cool stuff home with them.

I could argue and play devils advocate about this stuff all day!!!! A topic I know more about than vintage star wars toys that's for sure!!!!!
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

Star Wars Beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Beer   Star Wars Beer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:11 pm

"And how soon you forget were sending the UK, Soviet Union and the rest of the Western Allies supplies while we were still militarily neutral."

Correction, you were selling us them (and were still paying Wink)

Yes we could go on all night but we wont will we - the manhattan project btw - other countries were way ahead at the time but the war effort slowed them down Wink

And dont even think of claiming the space projects - captured German tech is all Wink

Ah i got a bite anyway haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Star Wars Beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Beer   Star Wars Beer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Beer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next