The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 5:40 pm

Linkin Park - Papercut

Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 2:05 pm

I had a email this morning that let me know Tool is going on tour again and has a new album coming out  cheers  celebrate  cheers

As a huge Tool fan I am ecstatic already but PRIMUS is opening too ... I think I might have creamed my jeans a little  lol!

Here is a fan made video for one of my favorite songs off their last release 10,000 Days  ...

They will be in Tulsa on January 16th - It's been nearly 10 long years since their last release and I can't wait  :buzzing:
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 2:14 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:
I had a email this morning that let me know Tool is going on tour again and has a new album coming out  cheers  celebrate  cheers

As a huge Tool fan I am ecstatic already but PRIMUS is opening too ... I think I might have creamed my jeans a little  lol!

Here is a fan made video for one of my favorite songs off their last release 10,000 Days  ...

They will be in Tulsa on January 16th - It's been nearly 10 long years since their last release and I can't wait  :buzzing:

You know I always said you were a tool............sorry couldn't resist the easy shot.  lol!

James you know I don't really think that about you. Your my kind of people. :I am stupid: geek Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 4:16 pm

lol!

No , your probably right , I'm a tool Razz

the worst part is I'm not even the sharpest one in the shed :cool laugh:
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 8:40 pm

Nico wrote:
Great choices James cheers Pink Floyd Wish you were here, one of my all time favs Very Happy
me too, imo their best
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 12:45 pm

Tickets for the Tool / Primus show went on sale at 11 am yesterday morning - it took us 10 minutes to get through with our order and by the time we got through these were the best tickets available ...

MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 5 Bok-ce10

section 314 in the nose bleed area  Mad

I reckon any Tool tickets are better then none so I am still excited What a Face

Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 7:22 am

I saw primus on my 21st birthday in nyc . that was 1993 . I am an old school death metal /black metal punk and hardcore guy . I didn't want to go Razz . my friends dragged me there and when we were in the crowd everyone started chanting primus sucks . I thought cool yeah fuck primus they do suck !!! I started chanting it too and they came out and opened with my name is mud . it was one of the greatest shows Ive ever seen . :I am stupid: only later did I realize that their "fans thing" is too scream primus sucks . that show changed my mind on this great band for sure . I dove off the stage so much I lost my shirt literally and had black and blue marks on me for a month. glad ya got tickets .... cheers im sure they will be just as great as they were back then .....PRIMUS SUCKS :clap: :clap: :clap: What a Face
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 7:28 am

https://youtu.be/953PkxFNiko
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 11:46 am

ourchickenshack wrote:

I reckon any Tool tickets are better then none so I am still excited  What a Face

Glad you got your tickets James cheers
Does Les Claypool still tour with Primus :scratch:
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 1:18 pm

hellhippie wrote:
I saw primus on my 21st birthday in nyc . that was 1993 . I am an old school death metal /black metal punk and hardcore guy . I didn't want to go Razz . my friends dragged me there and when we were in the crowd everyone started chanting primus sucks . I thought cool yeah fuck primus they do suck !!! I started chanting it too and they came out and opened with my name is mud . it was one of the greatest shows Ive ever seen . :I am stupid: only later did I realize that their "fans thing" is too scream primus sucks . that show changed my mind on this great band for sure . I dove off the stage so much I lost my shirt literally and had black and blue marks on me for a month. glad ya got tickets .... cheers  im sure they will be just as great as they were back then .....PRIMUS SUCKS :clap: :clap: :clap: What a Face

Cool that seeing them live changed your opinion of Primus cheers

I saw Primus live for the first time (finally !!) about a year and a 1/2 ago - they were fantastic and put on a great show cheers

My wife and I tried to get the "Primus Sucks" chant started at the show we went to , but , in typical back asswards Oklahoma fashion , the majority of the crowd didn't get it , and just thought we were assholes :cool laugh:

I have always been into the heavy side of music but was never too much of a Death Metal fan . I guess the closest I came to that genre was Slayer and Venom . One of my very best friends growing up was a black dude named Bennet , he introduced me to Slayer cheers  He tried to get me into the really hardcore death / speed metal bands but I never could quite get into them . I do respect the genre however Very Happy

@ Andy -

yes - Claypool has always been with Primus , wouldn't be Primus without him Wink

Their drummer changes between 3 guys periodically but the sound doesn't change What a Face

Here's another of Claypool's projects called Oysterhead (W/ Stuart Copeland (The Police) and Trey from Phish) -

Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 1:59 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:

My wife and I tried to get the "Primus Sucks" chant started at the show we went to , but , in typical back asswards Oklahoma fashion , the majority of the crowd didn't get it , and just thought we were assholes :cool laugh:
I can just picture that James, made me laugh bro lol! lol! lol!

Great video man, the more I see/hear Les Claypool, the more I like/respect him as a musician :clap:

Another one to look up for the collection cheers
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 2:06 pm

Glad you liked it brother cheers

Here's a favorite song of mine from his Frog Brigade project ...

and a full cover of Animals for you Floyd fans out there ...

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 6:12 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:
Tickets for the Tool / Primus show went on sale at 11 am yesterday morning - it took us 10 minutes to get through with our order and by the time we got through these were the best tickets available ...

MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 5 Bok-ce10

section 314 in the nose bleed area  Mad

I reckon any Tool tickets are better then none so I am still excited What a Face

This is the kind of hing that makes me mad. I saw this and wondered if it really sold up or in true fashion to other concerts if scalpers got a ton of the tickets. Sure enough check craigslist Tulsa Oklahoma and the tickets are everywhere on there. No doubt for more than original price. F-ing scalpers.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 9:12 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5