The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? Empty
PostSubject: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:48 am

myself , got a big collection of motown records

but i listen mostly to hip-hop ,

what kind , well thyese are my favorites

-jedi mind tricks
-vinny peaz
-outerspace
-ra the rugged man
-joel ortis
-non phixion

but i do enjoi , amy whinehouse -rise against-bloc party-iron maiden

etc etc etc
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:16 am

Funny you said Bloc Party Jimmy i have all there original singles from their debut album Silent Alarm on limited 7 inch records that i was thinking of putting on ebay.

They are -

1, So here we are / The Marshals are dead

2,Banquet

3, Helicopter / Skeleton

4, Little Thoughts / Storms and Stress

MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? DCAM0369-1

MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? DCAM0370
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:06 am

I like all kinds of music...

If I had to rank them:

1. Classic Rock (1950,60,70s)
2. Alternative Rock (1990s)
3. Old School Rap and Hip Hop (1980-1990s)
4. 1980s Pop
5. Heavy Metal

I also like listening to some country music (in moderation)..... and I can never get enough of the Star Wars soundtracks and other works by John Williams!!!
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:47 am

yeah you'd think i'd already go crazy from putting on the cantina music everytime i am buzy with the collection

but nope still like it
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:10 am

Mainly Dance/Trance (But not heavy drum and bass!) Your typical judge jules style music/Gatecrasher.
And I like Dido/and a mix of bands Kings of Lyon etc.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:13 pm

80's metal, black, thrash, speed, gothic, punk, etc. Some of my favs are Cradle of Filth, old Metallica, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Epica, Mayhem, and Marduk.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:09 pm

I'm getting too old , but damn:
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 7:05 am

Damn AJ, never wouldve took you for a dubstep listener. Very Happy I got into it myself not long ago with Skrillix and Bassnector.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 4:19 pm

Belgium's best Dance festival. I even met people over there who came all the way from australia just to be part of tomorrowland.

Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 2:15 pm

Chris_J wrote:
80's metal, black, thrash, speed, gothic, punk, etc. Some of my favs are Cradle of Filth, old Metallica, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Epica, Mayhem, and Marduk.

very cool Chris - sounds like your into the same music as me .
I love the old school metal - Iron Maiden , Judas Priest etc..
Thrash - Anthrax , Slayer , old Metallica (hate them from the black album on) , megadeth..
Punk - Dead Kennedys , Black Flag , Sex Pistols , Vandals , Bad Religion ...
Newer School Metal - Pantera , Motograter , Ill Nino , Killswitch Engage , Rage Against The Machine

while I still love all the old school stuff in my recent years I have gotten more into weird metal - Tool , Primus , Mike Patton projects (Faith No More , Mr Bungle , fantomas , tomahawk etc) , Fishbone .

As of right now though Buckethead is my hero !!

Really the list goes on and on - I estimate that I have over 600 cds in my collection so its impossible to mention everyone I like .
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 9:29 pm

due to a outbreak of music talk in another thread I thought it would be cool to bump this old thread to see what the hell everyone else likes cyclops

I know theres quite a few other metal heads here besides me Twisted Evil

MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? Thcamp10

MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? Thcaev11
MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? Thca7511
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 3:12 am

I've also done my share of head banging! I'm into a variety of rock & metal! e.g. Metallica, Black Sabbath, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, G n' R, Linkin Park, Korn, Foo Fighters, Rage Against The Machine, Queens Of The Stone Age, Velvet Revolver, Faith No More, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Frank Zappa & loads of others. I also enjoy the blues.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 4:05 am

awesome Steve cheers more of the same vein I'm into as well - hell I don't even mind some blues every now and again What a Face

I like Zappa quite abit too , which was inherited from my dad . I would say he was a huge Zappa fan - my mom still has dads huge vinyl Zappa collection . Dad had everything on vinyl clear back to the 1st Mothers of Invention "Freak Out" album . He also collected it all again on cd - after he passed away 7 years ago mom gave me the cd collection . I would estimate I have at least 100 Zappa cds in my collection now Very Happy We actually had 2 Zappa songs played at dads funeral and even had a cat named Zappa What a Face

MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? Thcaj410
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:14 am

ourchickenshack wrote:

I love the old school metal - Iron Maiden , Judas Priest etc..
Thrash - Anthrax , Slayer , old Metallica (hate them from the black album on) , megadeth..
Punk - Dead Kennedys , Black Flag , Sex Pistols , Vandals , Bad Religion ...
Newer School Metal - Pantera , Motograter , Ill Nino , Killswitch Engage , Rage Against The Machine
OK, WOW!, pretty much identical to my tastes including the the fine point there on Metallica! Laughing

To add a few.... I always find an excuse to throw on some:
Slipknot, Stone Sour, Skindred, The Mighty Might Bosstones, Tim Armstrong, Operation Ivy (yeah, I do like me some ska/ ska-core).

I am not much for straight up pop, but I no longer yell at people or break radios if they put on some Adele, Rihanna, Ceelo Green or "random pop rock band that sounds like all the others" or whatever.
I am not that strict in my music any more, but when I jump in my STI and go for a cruise, pop definitely won't be in the playlist, that I can tell ya that right now!!!!!!!

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 10:18 am

cantina_patron wrote:
I've also done my share of head banging! I'm into a variety of rock & metal! e.g. Metallica, Black Sabbath, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, G n' R, Linkin Park, Korn, Foo Fighters, Rage Against The Machine, Queens Of The Stone Age, Velvet Revolver, Faith No More, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Frank Zappa & loads of others. I also enjoy the blues.

Steve You've pretty much summed up my music collection there mate :drumroll: although i haven't given zappa much of a listen, think i'll have to go find me some.

with regards to Metallica, yeah i agree they got a bit lost after the black album, but they were back on form with 'Death Magnetic' IMO.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 12:06 pm

@ Psyber - deffinitely add Slipknot and Stone Sour to my favs - I also forgot about Mudvayne , Sevendust , Static X , Sepultura , Soulfly and Nothingface (just to name a few more) .

I haven't heard of Skindred so I will need to check them out What a Face

I think the closest to ska that I really like is Fishbone and Sublime - but I am not real sure they even fit the ska catagory . Bosstones are pretty cool too though .

I am also a Marillion fan - "Brave" is one of my favorite cds cheers

@ Chris -

Zappa is a fantastic guitar player- if your looking to check out some Zappa you might check out any of the "Shut Up and Play Yer Guitar" series . "Joes Garage" and "Baby Snakes" are a couple of my favs too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 12:30 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:
...I haven't heard of Skindred so I will need to check them out What a Face
I have always been a fan of ska, but when I first heard Skindred playing on some random mix/station/whatever, I ran to the PC to see who the hell they were and what they hell they were playing!!!! (music plays over wireless speakers off a PC in the house).

So yeah, Skindred is pretty cool. They call the style of music "Ragga metal". Its a mix of heavy metal, punk rock, hip hop, electronica, reggae and probably more.

I suggest first from the album 'Babylon', the songs 'Set It Off', 'Nobody' and 'Pressure'. Those three always fall into my playlists.
And for a bit of fun, off their album "Shark Bites and Dog Fights", "Electric Avenue'... yes, THAT 'Electric Avenue'. Very Happy

Spotify links:
Skindred - Babylon

Skindred - Shark Bites and Dog Fights

EDIT:
Here is a quick playlist of a few tunes on Spotify if anyone has an account there. I will see what Google's new music app lets me do and post a link to that later.

Spotify - psybertech - Public Share playlist

EDIT 2:
I made that Public Share playlist a collaborative one, so ANYONE should be able to throw stuff in there. I never used this feature so I don't know if I need to give permission or anything so let me know if you try.

FINAL EDIT:
Google Play Music - Public Share playlist

cheers!
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 4:41 pm

It's great that you like a bit of Zappa too James. I was first introduced to his music about 25 years ago. It took me a while, but I am really into some of his stuff. With the volume of material out there, he must have been the most prolific musician of all time!

@ Chris, I agree with James' recommendations for an introduction to Zappa. I would also recommend: 'Zoot Allures' & 'Sheik Yerbouti'.

Zappa can't be pigeon holed, his musical style ranged from very 'tongue in cheek' through to serious orchestral pieces, but he produced styles of music that suits almost everybody! He's definitely worth checking out!
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 5:40 pm

"Ram it, Ram it, Ram it, Ram it up yer poop chute. ..............Wrist-watch.... Crisco......" affraid Laughing
Haven't listened to Zappa since high school. Might have to add some to a playlist.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 5:59 pm

Didn't we just have this conversation over on the show yourself thread Very Happy

I like pretty much anything really, country, rock, rap, punk, metal, pretty much anything really, everything apart from all that manufactured chart rap!

Love Rap and Hip hop,Wu-Tang Clan, Gravediggaz, Geto Boys, Insane Clown Pose, Redman EPMD, 2 Live Crew, N.W.A. etc. etc.

Here's a little I.C.P. gem

My soul belongs to rock though!

Love most stuff, Pantera, Slayer, G N' R, Ozzy, B.L.S. Anthrax, Megadeath, Maiden, Pistols, Dead Kennedy's, Superjoint Ritual, Down etc. etc.

Bit of Slayer for ya!

\,,/
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 5:26 pm

[quote @ Chris -

Zappa is a fantastic guitar player- if your looking to check out some Zappa you might check out any of the "Shut Up and Play Yer Guitar" series . "Joes Garage" and "Baby Snakes" are a couple of my favs too Very Happy [/quote]

Sorry James only just seen these new posts, somethings up with my new post notification, all the posts were marked as read, but i hadn't logged out, weird.

Anyway thanks for the recomendations james and Steve i will definitely check him out. Twisted Evil

edit: love the slayer clip Alex, the I.C.P track 'I stab People' is a little disturbing at first but then the lyrics get pretty silly Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 5:53 pm

Hey. Don't forget to add a little bit of Pink Floyd into the mix. Nothing better than having a few drinks drinking or rolling a big fatty :bong: and turning it up nice and loud. What a Face
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 6:25 pm

Commander Clint wrote:
Hey. Don't forget to add a little bit of Pink Floyd into the mix. Nothing better than having a few drinks drinking or rolling a big fatty :bong: and turning it up nice and loud. What a Face

oh hell yeah - can't forget Floyd and a little ...
MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? Tummp11
MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? Thcavf10
MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? Thcagi10
MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? Thca9t10
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 6:39 pm

James, those pics were great. cheers
God love google and the internet.
Back to top Go down
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thargoil

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 7:34 am

SRV,
Jimmy,
Peter Green,
Danny Kirwan,
BB,
Poppa Chubby,
Eric Clapton,
Allman Brothers,
Buddy Guy,
Mr Moore,
John Lee Hooker,
Bonamassa
T-bone..

I can go on and on ...
Just into the blues.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next