The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

"U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???   "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:57 pm

Worryingly the guy has stated in a thread on RS that he will probably sell of his U90 collection and do it all again at some point.

He also just showed off a U95 Vader in the AFA section, I hope thats not the new craze...
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???   "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:59 pm

Bunch of shit seeing so many MOC's go out the window!

All you can do is to try and educate people and collect and preserve what you can i guess.

Jay
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???   "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:01 pm

jaymassive619 wrote:
Bunch of shit seeing so many MOC's go out the window!

All you can do is to try and educate people and collect and preserve what you can i guess.

Jay

Unfortunately that is all we can do. I sure hope you're wrong Joe about the U95 thing, but I would not put it past him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???   "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:06 pm

Isn't that what most go for, the highest grade possible? If thats the case, I need to start buying more MOC's and leave everything else alone for now so I can pay under $200 for a nice ROTJ figure.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???   "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 8:23 pm

U grades are a load of wanky old piss! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???   "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 4:48 am

Agreed.
I'm going to burn mine right now.
Back to top Go down
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

PostSubject: Re: "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???   "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:26 am

Its a waste of my anger following this thread lol ive vented it all before.

AFA 90 + U90 are the same thing

the idiots that toss themselves off about U grades are helping to destroy nice moc figures and MIB

you cant blame someone for U grading something for a profit as its obvious its going to happen if people are willing to pay $400 for a U90 figure

end of my opinion. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.vintagetoybox.net
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???   "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:52 am

Couldn't agree more mate.
for the life of me i cannot get my head around U grading.

All this uncirculated stuff is bollox. U's should of been kept for stuff coming straight out of sealed shipping cases.
Those are truely uncirculated. A moc card that was sold in store, then been passed from colletor to collector traveling all over the world is NOT imo uncirculated.

When the U fad dies down, and people start to realise how crazy they have been paying $200 for a loose weequay i will lmao.
Sadly tho many many nice items will of been destroyed.
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???   "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:55 am

Obviously all down to greed at the end of the day as they soon come up for sale after U-grading at ridiculous prices.
Back to top Go down
BILLIAM666
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BILLIAM666

PostSubject: Re: "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???   "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:04 am

Against, I don't collect numbers.

I would rather have a carded C-7 or C-8 Moc than a loose figure in a acrylic case. And it is so much cheaper which I don't understand.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???   "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:35 am

I know I've said it to most of you, and even commented about it in other threads. But to me anymore, it's about having the piece, not about the best condition possible.

For example, my TolToys Rebel Commando is probably in about C-6 condition (maybe C-7 if I squint just right Wink), but it's honestly the only one I've ever seen MOC. Now, if I would've passed on it, and waited for a super minty example, I'd probably still be waiting.

Sure, collect how you want to collect, and what you want to collect. But that all being said, if someone would've beat me to the TolToys and seen the condition of the card and not known what it was, we could be looking at a U95 Rebel Commando.

Like others have said, it's all about education.
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???   "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 12:03 pm

Good to see this thread still going strong!!!

I really hope the next craze for U grading isn't searching for the loose U95 figures... if that's the case... then we are looking at the end of MOC figures all together!!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???   "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 1:38 pm

RebelChris wrote:
I know I've said it to most of you, and even commented about it in other threads. But to me anymore, it's about having the piece, not about the best condition possible.

For example, my TolToys Rebel Commando is probably in about C-6 condition (maybe C-7 if I squint just right Wink), but it's honestly the only one I've ever seen MOC. Now, if I would've passed on it, and waited for a super minty example, I'd probably still be waiting.

Sure, collect how you want to collect, and what you want to collect. But that all being said, if someone would've beat me to the TolToys and seen the condition of the card and not known what it was, we could be looking at a U95 Rebel Commando.

Thats a fantastic educational example Chris!

Lots of these U Graders dont have a great deal of knowledge when it comes to MOC all they see is the potential U Grade and subsequently they end up butching some super rare MOC's!

I have seen it happen a few times now with some very very hard to find MOC (i.e less than 5 known examples) been ripped apart for a bog standard loose figure and a label with some letters on it.

Jay
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???   "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 1:53 pm

jaymassive619 wrote:
RebelChris wrote:

Lots of these U Graders dont have a great deal of knowledge when it comes to MOC all they see is the potential U Grade and subsequently they end up butching some super rare MOC's!

I have seen it happen a few times now with some very very hard to find MOC (i.e less than 5 known examples) been ripped apart for a bog standard loose figure and a label with some letters on it.

Jay

Especially when you take into account that TolToys ROTJ Nien Nunb offers are 65 backs and Kenner ROTJ Nien Nunb offers are 48 backs! It's easy to see how someone could easily mistake this as a "normal Kenner cardback" and completely destroy it.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???   "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 3:28 pm

RebelChris wrote:
jaymassive619 wrote:
RebelChris wrote:

Jay

Especially when you take into account that TolToys ROTJ Nien Nunb offers are 65 backs and Kenner ROTJ Nien Nunb offers are 48 backs! It's easy to see how someone could easily mistake this as a "normal Kenner cardback" and completely destroy it.

Your bang on Chris if they at the very least checked the MOC's they plan to U Grade with experienced MOC collectors then maybe this at least could be avoided.

Jay
Back to top Go down
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

PostSubject: Re: "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???   "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 3:43 pm

Collectors of toys often get the sad "loney geek" label

and these U grade masturbaters are a prime example of why it happens, they must sit there getting really excited about the fact they have destryed 1000's of cards to get a fake U letter in front of it.

id rather have a minty loose collection for £300 than a U90 collection for £6000...its childish and i picture them as geeks with all their U grade shit laying n front of them while they have a twist-off spray their manfat all over the acrylic.

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.vintagetoybox.net
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???   "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 5:21 pm

totally agree with the sentiment of your post plantman...but probably could have done without those images while I eat my weetbix for breakfast... throw up
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???   "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 5:54 pm

The idea of U grading a ledy figure to me is 100% out of the question unless it is a cut card or horribly horribly damaged. Anything else besides ledy I could care less Wink - JK Of course!!!!

With that said I do 100% believe that AFA has every right to issue the U grade and collectors have every right to collect them if they desire. I also believe that you all have the right to dislike the AFA for this practice. I just can't help but think about the hunt and excitement of collecting and how it is different for everyone.

I guess what I am trying to say is don't hate the player, hate the game Smile - That was lame I know. Anyone have any U90 figures for sale, only have 100 to go Wink? :I am stupid:

PS - I hope you guys don't mind me opening my mouth as a newbie here Smile

Jason
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???   "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:58 pm

Here's another tragedy courtesy of rulair.

U90 DT Luke

It sounds like he pulled it from a heat sealed baggie DT Luke. Sad

Last edited by shawn_k on Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???   "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:05 pm

shawn_k wrote:
Here's another tragedy courtesy or rulair.

U90 DT Luke

It sounds like he pulled it from a heat sealed baggie DT Luke. Sad

That is not good Sad
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???   "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 6:08 am

My offer of $150 was instantly refused
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???   "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 6:10 am

Bugger, & that beats the offer i was just about to put in by $100.
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???   "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 6:13 am

Greed over collecting ... thats a prime example, a collector wouldnt do that
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???   "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:35 am

I've only just seen this..

No words, really I am beyond posting anything to cover my feelings on this apart from swearing.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???   "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 12:02 pm

Just don't know what to say. Evil or Very Mad Here true collectors for the history of the items have to fight and scrounge for a nice example of an item we want to add to our collection, then someone like this comes along and destroys it all. So sickening. I'm so glad I jumped on 4 baggies yesterday a seller listed on RS down in the CTR section when I did. At least those (Biker Scout, Chewy, Stormtrooper, and AT ST Driver) are safe now.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???   "U" Grading... Love it, or hate it??? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"U" Grading... Love it, or hate it???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next